Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Student season tickets.

Does anyone know if the club need any proof of me being a student so i am able to purchase my ST for £130? I have my student card, i wasn't sure if i might need to take any like paper work proving anything with me to the ground?

Cheers.

Does anyone know if the club need any proof of me being a student so i am able to purchase my ST for £130? I have my student card, i wasn't sure if i might need to take any like paper work proving anything with me to the ground?

Cheers.

They need a headed letter with your college logo on stating that your are a student at that college signed by someone of some form of authority

If you're not renewing at early bird prices expect to pay a huge amount more... £10 more... get on it! :chant:

Are you sure that's right?

I've been looking at buying one for the first time and it's £140 for a student first time round which is £10 more than a renewal.

I didn't think the prices after the early bird discount had been released yet though :dunno:

how are you supposed to prove you're in full time education for next year by the end of this month?

For AS students and Uni students i suppose it's easy but what about A2 students? - i can't be certain i'll be in full-time education at all, let alone where, until late august.

Ive had the same trouble... Im an AS student and my college allows you to reapply at the end of April to carry on next year, therefore Im not a student there next year at the moment...

Charged me for a frekin U-22 ticket and then will refund me when I can proove I am a student there for next year :angry:

Ive had the same trouble... Im an AS student and my college allows you to reapply at the end of April to carry on next year, therefore Im not a student there next year at the moment...

Charged me for a frekin U-22 ticket and then will refund me when I can proove I am a student there for next year :angry:

Same here! Completely ****ing raging about it. I went in with a letter from DMU stating I'm a student in my second year and that I will be at uni until 2013. The rude ****er serving me told me that I had to prove I was in my third year, I couldn't convince him that I can't provide evidence of being in my third year UNTIL I'm in my third year. Uh! They say that they'll refund the difference once I can get proof by September which will be a bit of a push seeing at the term doesn't start until October.

Well done LCFC ticket office, you thick *****.

Same here! Completely ****ing raging about it. I went in with a letter from DMU stating I'm a student in my second year and that I will be at uni until 2013. The rude ****er serving me told me that I had to prove I was in my third year, I couldn't convince him that I can't provide evidence of being in my third year UNTIL I'm in my third year. Uh! They say that they'll refund the difference once I can get proof by September which will be a bit of a push seeing at the term doesn't start until October.

Well done LCFC ticket office, you thick *****.

Me and friend are both 2nd years at DMU and had exactly the same letter as you by the sounds of it. We were served by different people in the ticket office and both accepted the letter as proof that we will be students next year.

Not trying to rub it in by the way, just highlighting the inconsistencies at the ticket office.

Same.

Went down before the Pompey game and the man in the ticket office said they'll refund the difference.

But it is a big difference.

It is a huge difference... I mean, luckily, I can afford it. But I feel for those that struggle to make that price. The wonderful world of Leicester City Football Club :rolleyes:

Take your money, promise to refund after putting YOUR money in their bank account to gain them a little interest for a while... Fantastic.

It is a huge difference... I mean, luckily, I can afford it. But I feel for those that struggle to make that price. The wonderful world of Leicester City Football Club :rolleyes:

Take your money, promise to refund after putting YOUR money in their bank account to gain them a little interest for a while... Fantastic.

They're just covering their own backs though really aren't they? The interest is a bonus for them, I doubt it's the actual reason.

It's a bit shit on some fans but as a business they have to.

It would be ridiculous to do it the other way round and ask people to just pay 140 or whatever initially and then either come in and prove you're still in education for the year or ship out another ton.

Not to mention if they did it that way you'd definitely get people making up contact stuff and doing them over the 100 quid. Not a lot individually, but if you imagine 1000 lads getting tickets when they aren't going to be students next year and the club would be on the wrong end of 100k difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem as previous posters. It makes a mockery of what a student discount is for. A student discount is not some sort of social privilege just as a senior concession isn't; they are both about allowing people who are less able to afford a full-price ticket to buy a particular product or service, in this case a Leicester City Season Ticket. So surely it matters only that you are a student at the point of sale, not at the point of usage?

And the_foxes_till_i_die, I highly doubt they will check.

Archived