Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Player of the Year 2011 - OS

If you've observed him across the course of the season and are not swayed by what sounded like a bad performance last night then you'd see that it's a) perfectly valid as an opinion and b) fairly likely that he'll be one of the front runners for it

January and February he was fantastic, but for the rest of the season no better than anyone else IMO.

Naughton has had 1 maybe 2 bad games since October and King up until the last month or so has been scoring goals consistently throughout the season.

Player: Gallagher - Most improved player for me, although a few on here could see the potential he had last season but for one reason or another never manged it.

Young Player: King - He has been on form for the majority of the season.

Goal: King V Coventry - Simply stunning.

POTY - King - Purely because he's the only player thats been decent all season and not just since Sven took over. He's come on leaps and bounds this season, just needs to sort his consistency out.

YP - Naughton - Loan signing of the season, consistent, always a threat and has bagged a few good goals aswell. Good career ahead of him.

Goal - Yak vs Derby - Inspirational finish, you don't really see many goals like that watching Leicester.

Same as Narborough, Millzi & Corky:

King

Naughton

The Yak at The Shaggers

Don't like having to stick a loan player in their but King's had too good a season to not be Player and I don't like having the same person for Young Player and Player. Only non-loan option out of youngsters was Waghorn who hasn't really been given a fair crack and I don't think he's as effective in the sides that Sousa and Sven have tried to build compared to as he was under Pearson (still love the lad though.) King's goals kept us going under Sousa and his promotion to captain at a such a young age is justified by his rapid development over the past two seasons. I may be being optimistic but I get the feeling he'll still be here in August as well.

Archived