Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ash

Sven - One Question?

But we live in the present and Waghorn has regressed this year - he just lacks composure. To think we paid £3million is worrying. I'm not saying he hasn't potential, but you would have hoped to see some prigress this year, perhaps this is why he doesn't feature. As for playing fans favourites, why bother with a manager. Why are Howard, Waghorn, Weale, Berner, Hobbs et al fans favourites - because they try, which is great, but that doesn't make them worthy of a place. Frankly, they have had their day and are not good enough to take the club forward.

You're writing too many off too quickly. I don't know if its a leicester fan thing, but I always see comments such and 'so and so is crap' -usually after they have left the club or on a loan elsewhere. Hobbs is quality. He won't come back here, but I hope he proves me right wherever else. 3m for waghorn is steep. But how many times did he play centre forward for over 15mins in a game?

I do like waghorn, but i'm old enough not to have posters of him in my room!! BUT what really pees me off is when

posters comment 'he should've improved this season!' HE HASNT BLOODY PLAYED!!

This rant isn't aimed directly at you, it just beggars belief how fickle some of our fans are.

You're writing too many off too quickly. I don't know if its a leicester fan thing, but I always see comments such and 'so and so is crap' -usually after they have left the club or on a loan elsewhere. Hobbs is quality. He won't come back here, but I hope he proves me right wherever else. 3m for waghorn is steep. But how many times did he play centre forward for over 15mins in a game?

I do like waghorn, but i'm old enough not to have posters of him in my room!! BUT what really pees me off is when

posters comment 'he should've improved this season!' HE HASNT BLOODY PLAYED!!

This rant isn't aimed directly at you, it just beggars belief

how fickle some of our fans are.

Agree with you completely Stu... Hobbs and Wags don't become 'crap' players overnight... Just because Svennis don't fancy em it doesn't mean they have gone off the boil. I still say it will be a real shame for the future of the club if we offload two of our best young players in recent years, both of whom IMO will only get better. Hobbs in particular. The Sven lovers on here of course will disagree as they seem to accept whatever decisions he makes.. But to lose Jack and Martyn will be a mistake IMO

Correct. We all know what waghorn and hobbs can do. Neither of them were slagged off the season we made the playoffs. Didnt hobbs get fans player or whatever?

To listen to some on here, gradel is 'crap' and i've seen this comments since the season hes just had at leeds.

If both are here in august, play the 1st 10 games (with hobbs paired with someone consistentley) and are shite, then I will agree with sven and the rest of the fans.

Its not about having favourites, its about having bloody great prospects in our team who don't get a look in.

Yeh waghorns chases after the ball too much. Probably because he's that eager to prove to himself to sven. I didnt see anyone moaning when rooney at 1 point was at right back against barcelona

Perhaps Waghorn hasn't played because he isn't good enough!!!! Just like Fryatt, Sven sees him every day in training - surely if he thought he was up to it he would have had his chance. Howard has been a bit part player this year, so too Oakley, but I haven't seen a dip in their performances, infact I'd say Oakley has improved - so please don't use the line 'he's hardly played' as an excuse - he should be showing Eriksson what he can do when he got his chance.

I disagree with the argument you don't become bad players overnight - why because Hobbs and Waghorn are very much one dimentional players. Hobbs is a good old fashioned centre half, but is very limited in all other aspects of the game. He lacks pace, he is uncomfortable on the ball, he opts to hoof it to no one in particular and he is not vocal enough. Now in a Pearson type set up, where the object is to to get the ball to the big target man ASAP this is fine. Hobbs has become a bad player because our system has found him out.

Same with Waghorn - I never feel that he is likely to score and I'm always surprised when he does, unlike Yakubu who you feel will take his chances more often than not.

Both may have bright futures in the game, but I doubt this will be at Leicester

Dont seem to recall waghorn hitting the back rows when he was playin regularly the season before last

That's not the point. I was asking why is it okay for fans to have favourites and not Sven.

Archived