Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

Dave Grohl - Legend

becuase they are technically called circle pits not mosh pits, old school hardcore style.

some bands like Sick of it All have what they call the wall of death in theior gigs as well like this!

remember number one rule of the circle pits, if anyone goes down you pick em bacj up!

thanks,never seen it before :thumbup:

This will sound insensitive but if Cobain hadn't died, there popularity would be far lower. No doubt about it.

As for selling out, so what? N'Dubz sell out everywhere. Even as a conforming 15 year old surely you appreciate that album/gig sales mean diddly?

My fave bands/Artists as you're so interested:

Ash

Kinks

Bowie

Marvin Gaye

Kasabian

Bloc Party

Kanye

Shins

Off the top of my head. Before you get your Y-fronts in a tangle, they're my favourite. I'm not claiming they're under/overrated, the best or whatever.

To conclude, Nirvana and Foo Fighters are overrated. If Cobain was alive, Nirvana would be far less popular. If a man from Cobain's band wasn't now the front man for another band (i.e. Grohl in FF), they also would not be as popular. Cheers. x

If you don't mind me asking what sort of age are you?

I left school in 92 just as grunge was breaking and the popularity of Nirvana was incredible, I still have never seen anything like it music wise, imo far bigger than the likes of Oasis Blur etc, as Smells like Teen Spirit was breaking and Nevermind being released the frenzy around Nirvana was incredible. You could probably go into any college or infact any town up and down the country and see at least 5-10 kids wearing this tshirt/hoodie

516Ck1aVXeL._SX385_.jpg

You could argue about right time, right place probably due to the likes of MTV becoming mainstream etc, but fact is at that period in time and long before he died Nirvana had made their mark in History, the frenzy in the build upto In Utero was incredible, bands that have that sort of effect on people don't disappear into the ether. there place in the history and future of music is already created

For the record I ain't a massive Nirvana fan, however I think unplugged is a phenomenal piece of work. great music is great music though and imo songs like Smells like teen Spirit, About a girl, Sliver, all apoliges, come as you are, lithium etc are still phenomenal rock songs.

Foo Fighters became popular with great songs not because of Nirvana Learn to fly, Times like these, best of you etc are great songs. Flipper didn't become a houshold name because Kris Novoselic was in them

becuase they are technically called circle pits not mosh pits, old school hardcore style.

some bands like Sick of it All have what they call the wall of death in theior gigs as well like this!

remember number one rule of the circle pits, if anyone goes down you pick em bacj up!

:rolleyes: hahaha...oh god... hahahaha... :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

There was a time, back in the mid 70s that MEN DID NOT DANCE..full stop end of!

We stood on the sides of the dance floor, looking spectacularly cool and watching the chicks groove.

Then... along came John Bloody Travolta and all standing around coolness ended, Girls expected us to dance with them...and even know how to dance!! and wear our shirts wide open, hell, i even wore a white suit for my wedding.

Then the 80s hit... we all lubed up our hair and even began dancing with other men... WTF??? but worse was to come...

the 90s struck, the E's and love filled the warehouses and we began to dance ...on our own???

But... the horror of the 2000;s surpasses all........for crying out loud...when did... running into each other become dancing???

tch.. you young whippersnappers... :dunno:

Archived