Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Andy Murray

Murray-unfit, injured and only 18 with all the odds against him

Henman-fit, experienced and 31 I think

Look who's done better.

WIMBLEDON 2006 CHAMPION ANDY MURRAY

127603[/snapback]

Please dont hype up the lad like that :nono:

It'll only end in tears.

Thats the problem with this country, there are so little tennis talents, that when one comes along, they are seen as the saviour of British tennis, and when they dont win anything (ie Henman) they are seen as a failure. :(

good show by the lad, never expected him to win but he nearly proved a lot of people including me wrong.

i felt sorry for him with the way nalbandian was playing, it wasn't pretty at times for Tennis. We like to call it 'hacking' hehe, but it won him some crucial points and made murray play that extra shot and inevitably make a mistake.

Good Luck to him

Guest freund
since when have all of you been Scottish then?

127645[/snapback]

Most of us class ourselves as british when theres somebody good from the british isles playing in a sport, other than football of course :smile:;)

127670[/snapback]

yeh, that's a bit gay, i'd rather not be lumped together for anything to do with the scots, especially so they can't get any credit for something the english have done

Did anyone hear Sean Connory's interview on Radio 5? He was going mental about the lack of funding in Scotland in general but also in the UK as a whole.

He was swearing and everything he was really passionate and knowledgable about sport as a whole. Gave the Government and the Scottish Executive a right lashing.

Murray-unfit, injured and only 18 with all the odds against him

Henman-fit, experienced and 31 I think

Look who's done better.

WIMBLEDON 2006 CHAMPION ANDY MURRAY

127603[/snapback]

... and when they dont win anything (ie Henman) they are seen as a failure. :(

127610[/snapback]

That's a tad harsh...although he hasn't won a grand slam, he still has won quite a few big tournaments.

Archived