Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stourbridgefox

Rant !

The difference is most of the opinions on here are after the event.

We can all see that starting Gallagher against Millwall was a mistake after we lost, some called it before the match, but what we are never privy to is the reasoning and thinking behind it.

Take Downing, nobody here knows the exact thinking behind Hodgson picking Downing over Johnson, I rate Johnson as the better player, but it depends on how RH wants to play and what strengths and weaknesses he sees each player as bringing.

Now if Downing has a shit tournament, everyone will be crowing about how shit he is and what a stupid decision it was to take him, but what we can never know is if Johnson would have done any better.

In short, I see your point, but we often have the benefit of hindsight after the match or even during, you don't know when you pick somebody like Gallagher if they are going to have a double screamer day, or an insipid day, and screaming at them during the match is not going to help, but after the match we have our right to conclude that it was a mistake and the manager, despite years of professional experience, made a mistake.

The difference is most of the opinions on here are after the event.

We can all see that starting Gallagher against Millwall was a mistake after we lost, some called it before the match, but what we are never privy to is the reasoning and thinking behind it.

Take Downing, nobody here knows the exact thinking behind Hodgson picking Downing over Johnson, I rate Johnson as the better player, but it depends on how RH wants to play and what strengths and weaknesses he sees each player as bringing.

Now if Downing has a shit tournament, everyone will be crowing about how shit he is and what a stupid decision it was to take him, but what we can never know is if Johnson would have done any better.

In short, I see your point, but we often have the benefit of hindsight after the match or even during, you don't know when you pick somebody like Gallagher if they are going to have a double screamer day, or an insipid day, and screaming at them during the match is not going to help, but after the match we have our right to conclude that it was a mistake and the manager, despite years of professional experience, made a mistake.

Don't think I agree with this..

Every match has a 'team thread' in terms of who you'd pick and why?

Take that Millwall game... I'd have never picked such a wafer thin midfield for a game that was gonna be as tough as that one... As it happens I didn't post my team selection for that particular match, but was surprised when I heard that King and Gally were in and Dyer was out. Even if Gally would have had a stormer I'd have never said I wanted him to play pre match... Reason being because I thought that Millwall away required midfield steel, not physical frailty.

Yes it's easy to be 'right after the event' so to speak, but years of experience of being a Leicester fan, playing football, watching football and coaching football suggests that some of us may have a bit of a clue about what we are advocating for the team. AND this is a football forum... I thought that being 'mini managers', having a laugh, getting wound up about things, gaining information (esp from Davie G who is my main source of info... Cheers Pal) is what it's all about on here?

Wait...are you a trained and qualified Psychologist...i mean, just what the hell do you think gives you the right to express your opinion? Unless i see your certificate of "doctoring skills".. i shall be forced to just dismiss your rant. :)

Well...Apart from a degree in history I have a post-graduate certificate in psychodynamic counselling. So not a bad guess!!

But I don't think this gives me any more right to an opinion than anyone else. :thumbup:

Well...Apart from a degree in history I have a post-graduate certificate in psychodynamic counselling. So not a bad guess!!

But I don't think this gives me any more right to an opinion than anyone else. :thumbup:

Oooo get you!

lol

Go on then, what would Freud, Jung or Rogers say about our inability to attain top six spot last season?

Hit us with your acumen...

lol

Rogers would say we did great and he loves us

Jung would say we were the archetypal Icarus and slumped to mid-table by trying to fly too close to the sun

Freud would say we regressed to an earlier, sexually repressed state because we had unresolved issues with Sven shagging Ulrika.

Or something

Rogers would say we did great and he loves us

Jung would say we were the archetypal Icarus and slumped to mid-table by trying to fly too close to the sun

Freud would say we regressed to an earlier, sexually repressed state because we had unresolved issues with Sven shagging Ulrika.

Or something

Good response...

"Well...Apart from a degree in history I have a post-graduate certificate in psychodynamic counselling." well there you have it Stourbridge fox is clearly qualified to tell us that we have no right to be questioning the 'professionals' about what goes on in football.

Stourbridgefox, what makes our beautiful game so enthralling, on so many different levels, is the fact there ARE so many 'experts', readily willing to give their opinion. The fact that some that should 'know' clearly don't and some that have maybe less knowledge, can at times actually be inciteful, that is all part of the fun.

Take your psychodynamic analysis of the pundits and shove it where the sun don't shine.

If someone comes out with some crap like " Steve Howard is quite an athelete" Have a laugh!!!! don't have a mardy fit.

If someone posts on here a topic that is posted before don't criticise and be all high and mighty and have a go at them (See the thread about moving the Kop, god so many of you are Forum snobs), join in or have a laugh.

Life is too short folks,

Come on Leicester, just 3 years away from a champions league final!!!!!! (Oh no!!! am I now being delusional Stourbridge fox? please help!! I have always found people with Psychology training to have such great insight... NOT)

"Well...Apart from a degree in history I have a post-graduate certificate in psychodynamic counselling." well there you have it Stourbridge fox is clearly qualified to tell us that we have no right to be questioning the 'professionals' about what goes on in football.

Stourbridgefox, what makes our beautiful game so enthralling, on so many different levels, is the fact there ARE so many 'experts', readily willing to give their opinion. The fact that some that should 'know' clearly don't and some that have maybe less knowledge, can at times actually be inciteful, that is all part of the fun.

Take your psychodynamic analysis of the pundits and shove it where the sun don't shine.

If someone comes out with some crap like " Steve Howard is quite an athelete" Have a laugh!!!! don't have a mardy fit.

If someone posts on here a topic that is posted before don't criticise and be all high and mighty and have a go at them (See the thread about moving the Kop, god so many of you are Forum snobs), join in or have a laugh.

Life is too short folks,

Come on Leicester, just 3 years away from a champions league final!!!!!! (Oh no!!! am I now being delusional Stourbridge fox? please help!! I have always found people with Psychology training to have such great insight... NOT)

The title of the thread was 'Rant'...not analysis.

It was a rant about football fans by a football fan. Someone asked me whether I was a trained psychologist. Well I'm not but it wasn't a bad guess. Worth noting I thought.

When I post I post as a football fan, nothing more, nothing less.

And I will get mardy about what I like!!!

Hilarious.

Nothing worse than a touchy amateur psychologist!!!!!

Come on Leicester, 3 Years from a champions league Final!!

No. There's nothing worse than over-using punctuation.

If you read my posts carefully there is always a clue that I'm not taking myself too seriously.

It is always to some extent tongue in cheek.

I wonder whether you are jealous of my qualifications? If so, don't feel bad...

We can't all be dead clever! ;)

Equating football management to any of those things is a little bonkers.

Someone with 10-20 years of watching football can usually recognise a good player from bad. They can see errors in tactics. They pay good money each week.

I personally do not think football management is something to be deified. They make mistakes that can be seen. We are allowed to see them and comment. Simples.

Equating football management to any of those things is a little bonkers.

Someone with 10-20 years of watching football can usually recognise a good player from bad. They can see errors in tactics. They pay good money each week.

I personally do not think football management is something to be deified. They make mistakes that can be seen. We are allowed to see them and comment. Simples.

This is simply not true

I've been watching City for over 20 years and I haven't got a clue what I'm talking about.

Fact.

Archived