Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
burni

Kasper In Denmark's Euro Squad

At last a goalkeeper of ours is given international recognition, after Weale was disgracefully overlooked by Capello a couple of years ago despite the calls on this forum for selection.

was there really? lol

Even if Weale was playing well James, Hart, Foster, Carson, Green etc were all surely above him?

There's always a (slight) chance of him playing, should Denmark lose their first two games.

EDIT: At least he'll be seen on television worldwide whenever they show the subs bench. lol

As has been said, injury and suspension are probably the only chance he has of playing. Even if we lose our first two, I think Olsen will try to save face in the last game.

the United lad has just come back from injury recently, so its not massively out of the question, he might make his debut in their next friendly

Exactly because of this, I'm almost certain Lindegaard will play against Australia.

was there really? lol

Even if Weale was playing well James, Hart, Foster, Carson, Green etc were all surely above him?

Yes, it was in 2009, after Weale had a blinder at Reading and also played well at QPR.

Guest MattP

Bet that's a nuisance when you have booked your holidays.

At last a goalkeeper of ours is given international recognition, after Weale was disgracefully overlooked by Capello a couple of years ago despite the calls on this forum for selection.

lol

Is Conrad Logan in the Ireland squad? I'd have him over Given any day. He looks really good in the pre-match warm-up.

Great for Kasper, and slightly unexpected too. The media we're tipping either Jesper Hansen from newly-crowned champions FC Nordsjælland or Jonas Lössl from FC Midtjylland, to step in if Sørensen's injury was too severe. Andersen has been second keeper for years now, and with him now being first choice at Evian, that doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. Lindegaard will probably leapfrog him though once Sørensen ends his career.

Fair enough. Suppose it was quite narrow-minded of me to assume Stephen Andersen hasn't improved since his Reading days.

Fair enough. Suppose it was quite narrow-minded of me to assume Stephen Andersen hasn't improved since his Reading days.

It's another Danish keeper Mikkel Andersen, not Stephan Andersen who plays for Reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikkel_Andersen

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10306~38994,00.html

Stephan Andersen played for Charlton from 2004-2007 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephan_Andersen

Exactly because of this, I'm almost certain Lindegaard will play against Australia.

I guess I was wrong then. Andersen started and played the whole game. Seems he's nailed on for a starting place now with Lindegaard next in line.

Archived