Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cal

Kris Boyd On His Way?

Its rumoured that kris boyd is also heading for the walkers, its probably complete bull but on Sky Spots it says he is looking for a transfer to the championship..

Also i cant remember which site linked us to him, But CL's scottish connections could swing it for us, But with the possible arrival of Lovell this move could not be going anywhere. Incase your wondering Boyd is a young Striker. :thumbsup:

Its rumoured that kris boyd is also heading for the walkers, its probably complete bull but on Sky Spots it says he is looking for a transfer to the championship..

Also i cant remember which site linked us to him, But CL's scottish connections could swing it for us, But with the possible arrival of Lovell this move could not be going anywhere. Incase your wondering Boyd is a young Striker.  :thumbsup:

135153[/snapback]

Sounds good, thanks for that.

And btw, welcome :D B)

From a week ago...

Boyd wants Championship move

01/07/05

Kilmarnock striker Kris Boyd has told the club he wants to move to England rather than any other Scottish side.

The Scotland Under-21 international was the subject of a bid by Aberdeen this summer before the Rugby Park side rejected the offer. But the 21-year-old, who is in the final year of his current deal, has informed Killie that his ambitions lie south of the border.

Killie general manager David Mackinnon told the Press & Journal: "There has been no contact with Aberdeen, but Kris has made it clear to us he does not want to go there. When we asked him about it, he said it was not something he would consider. We have had inquiries from some English Championship sides and he has said he would like to go there instead."

link

It might have been the case that Boyd was our first choice but Killie (who apparently want a lot for him) turned us down so we chose Lovell instead, and that's where the rumours are coming from.

Also i cant remember which site linked us to him, But CL's scottish connections could swing it for us, But with the possible arrival of Lovell this move could not be going anywhere. Incase your wondering Boyd is a young Striker.  :thumbsup:

135153[/snapback]

sky spots eh? <_<

reliable source :P:smile:lol

135153[/snapback]

sky spots eh? <_<

135192[/snapback]

It doesnt say anything on sky sports about him travelling to leicester

135153[/snapback]

sky spots eh? <_<

135192[/snapback]

135201[/snapback]

if 3 players are coming in then he could be one i spose, but a bit strange after just signing lovell but i spose tommy wright is going, BUT then we still have MDV, connolly, Dublin and Lovell - yeh i doubt it's true. :S

I doubt CL will be getting 2 strikers. He has a limited budget and i doubt he will spend it on an extra striker. Plus he said the O'Grady will be given a chance should he perfrom well in reserves.

I reckon that it was either Boyd or Lovell and obviously CL has chosen Lovell.

I doubt CL will be getting 2 strikers. He has a limited budget and i doubt he will spend it on an extra striker. Plus he said the O'Grady will be given a chance should he perfrom well in reserves.

135207[/snapback]

Me thinks Boyd would have cost abit more than Lovell plus the Foxes_Trust have been saying all along that the target was a striker with alot of pace , Lovell fits the bill whereas Boyd is no where near as fast.

135207[/snapback]

Me thinks Boyd would have cost abit more than Lovell plus the Foxes_Trust have been saying all along that the target was a striker with alot of pace , Lovell fits the bill whereas Boyd is no where near as fast.

135213[/snapback]

Sounds promising then. Iv never seen either play so i cant really comment on their abilities. Hopefully Lovell will deliver!

135153[/snapback]

sky spots eh? <_<

135192[/snapback]

135201[/snapback]

Did i say it was on skysports??? Nope i said he wants a move to the championship on SS, I said i couldnt remember which site i saw him linked to us on :D

Do you think we could be back on for Kris Boyd then? He is young, good goal scoring record, would probably be around same price as Lovell (rumoured at 200k plus). I think we need another striker just like him!

137796[/snapback]

Depends how much money we have. If we get gerrbrand (excuse spelling!) then his transfer fee will be a bit higher. I think the money that would of been spent on lovell has gone on gerrbrand. Therfore, im not sure if we can afford to sign Boyd. We also lost out on O'Brian.

I am not sure Boyd will be a CL target unless CL is willing to compromise on Boyd's lack of pace. Boyd himself admits that his lack of pace is a weakness in the interview below.

Born: Irvine, Ayrshire, 18/08/03  Position: Striker

Nicknames: Boydy. That's as good as it gets I'm afraid.

As a boy I supported... Rangers, although I always had a soft spot for Kilmarnock. It was great to sign for them, especially when the likes of Ian Durrant and Ally McCoist came ot the club. They were my heroes.

Clubs played for: I came up through the ranks at Kilmarnock, so it's been my only club so far.

Strengths: I'm big and strong and I can hold the ball up well, plus I've improved my heading a lot, but I 'd say finishing is my main strength.

Weaknesses: Probably my pace. I'd like to think I'm a handful for any defender but I'm not the fastest.

Heroes: Alan Shearer is so powerful and he knows the way to goal. I want to emulate him - it's not going to be easy though.

I play a little like... Probably other big lads, like John Hartson and Chris Sutton. They've played at a far higher level than me, but if you put yourself about you're going to get noticed.

Highlights: Equalling the SPL scoring record with five against Dundee United will always stay with me, but it should have been six because the ref disallowed a perfectly good header! I've still to get a hold of him for that. My biggest honour has been captaining the Scotland U21s. that made me really proud and hopefully I'll do it again.

Lowlights: When I was starting out, it was frustrating scoring goals but still not playing regularly. Looking back, though, I was only 17 or 18 and it was too soon. I've learned from it and it's made me a better player.

International honours: I have 21 Scotland caps at different levels, right the way up to the U21s.

Toughest opponent: Jean-Alain Boumsong, Bobo Blade and Stan Varga were all solid, but the hardest was probably Craig Moore when he was at Rangers. You didn't get much change out of him.

Best player played with: Even though I only had one game with him for Killie's U 21s, it's got to be Ian Durrnat. he must have been frightening to play with in his prime and you can still see it training.

Biggest practical joker: Probably me, I do stupid things, but Durrant is the worst for winding people up.

Most embarrassing moment: My free-kick against Rangers hit the scoreboard and I had 50,000 people making donkey noises at me. My friends who are Rangers fans see me in the pub and give me pelters for it.

Best advice given: My dad's always kept my feet on the ground. He calls a spade a spade and tells me if I've been rubbish. And when times have been hard he's got me through.

Tunes: Cyndi Lauper and James. Cyndi Lauper's quite embarrasssing but James are quite good. I take a bit of ribbing for my tastes but our young 'keeper Graig Samson is worse. He loves hip hop but for someone with pale skin and ginger hair to try to act like a black man is shocking!

Flicks: I'd rather watch documentaries than films. I prefer to watch nature programmes, or football when it's on.

Chicks: J-Lo - for obvious reasons.

Wheels: I was driving a Mercedes Kompressor but I'm actually just on my way to pick up a new Mercedes jeep today.

If I hadn't been a footballer.... I'd have been a builder, like my dad.

Tell us something we don't know about you: Everyone knows all about me. I'm not one for keeping my mouth shut. I've got no secrets at all.

In five years I'll be... No disrespect to Killie, but I'd like to play at a higher level - in the Premiership or at least the Championship. If I had the choice I'd love to go to Newcastle, but I'd have a crack with anyone.

Source

I am not sure Boyd will be a CL target unless CL is willing to compromise on Boyd's lack of pace. Boyd himself admits that his lack of pace is a weakness in the interview below.

As a boy I supported... Rangers, although I always had a soft spot for Kilmarnock. It was great to sign for them, especially when the likes of Ian Durrant and Ally McCoist came ot the club. They were my heroes.

Clubs played for: I came up through the ranks at Kilmarnock, so it's been my only club so far.

Strengths: I'm big and strong and I can hold the ball up well, plus I've improved my heading a lot, but I 'd say finishing is my main strength.

Weaknesses: Probably my pace. I'd like to think I'm a handful for any defender but I'm not the fastest.

Heroes: Alan Shearer is so powerful and he knows the way to goal. I want to emulate him - it's not going to be easy though.

I play a little like... Probably other big lads, like John Hartson and Chris Sutton. They've played at a far higher level than me, but if you put yourself about you're going to get noticed.

Highlights: Equalling the SPL scoring record with five against Dundee United will always stay with me, but it should have been six because the ref disallowed a perfectly good header! I've still to get a hold of him for that. My biggest honour has been captaining the Scotland U21s. that made me really proud and hopefully I'll do it again.

Lowlights: When I was starting out, it was frustrating scoring goals but still not playing regularly. Looking back, though, I was only 17 or 18 and it was too soon. I've learned from it and it's made me a better player.

International honours: I have 21 Scotland caps at different levels, right the way up to the U21s.

Toughest opponent: Jean-Alain Boumsong, Bobo Blade and Stan Varga were all solid, but the hardest was probably Craig Moore when he was at Rangers. You didn't get much change out of him.

Best player played with: Even though I only had one game with him for Killie's U 21s, it's got to be Ian Durrnat. he must have been frightening to play with in his prime and you can still see it training.

Biggest practical joker: Probably me, I do stupid things, but Durrant is the worst for winding people up.

Most embarrassing moment: My free-kick against Rangers hit the scoreboard and I had 50,000 people making donkey noises at me. My friends who are Rangers fans see me in the pub and give me pelters for it.

Best advice given: My dad's always kept my feet on the ground. He calls a spade a spade and tells me if I've been rubbish. And when times have been hard he's got me through.

Tunes: Cyndi Lauper and James. Cyndi Lauper's quite embarrasssing but James are quite good. I take a bit of ribbing for my tastes but our young 'keeper Graig Samson is worse. He loves hip hop but for someone with pale skin and ginger hair to try to act like a black man is shocking!

Flicks: I'd rather watch documentaries than films. I prefer to watch nature programmes, or football when it's on.

Wheels: I was driving a Mercedes Kompressor but I'm actually just on my way to pick up a new Mercedes jeep today.

Tell us something we don't know about you: Everyone knows all about me. I'm not one for keeping my mouth shut. I've got no secrets at all.

In five years I'll be... No disrespect to Killie, but I'd like to play at a higher level - in the Premiership or at least the Championship. If I had the choice I'd love to go to Newcastle, but I'd have a crack with anyone.

Source

137900[/snapback]

A good read, well found Steven.

What I want to know is why everyone is so obsessed with finding a pacey player? surely if we want to pair someone with Connolly rather than De Vries they should have some strength and hold up ability?

Source

137900[/snapback]

What I want to know is why everyone is so obsessed with finding a pacey player? surely if we want to pair someone with Connolly rather than De Vries they should have some strength and hold up ability?

137907[/snapback]

As this is the type of forward CL has said he wants to bring in. :D:D:thumbup:;)

Source

137900[/snapback]

137907[/snapback]

As this is the type of forward CL has said he wants to bring in. :D:D:thumbup:;)

137921[/snapback]

I'd be more concerned about the fact that he'll only be 2 next month.

As this is the type of forward CL has said he wants to bring in.  :D  :D:thumbup:  ;)

137921[/snapback]

But why though?

Levein is included in my use of 'everyone' (well for the sake of argument :) )

137938[/snapback]

We currently have no pace up front. ;)

Source

137900[/snapback]

137907[/snapback]

137921[/snapback]

I'd be more concerned about the fact that he'll only be 2 next month.

137922[/snapback]

Well, Levein does want young players ;)

Archived