Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingmuzzy

Starting Line Up/Formation for the new season?

I am excited and curious to see what the starting line up is and how we will play although Im sure we all know the latter.

Pearson does love 4-4-2 and old school english football so I think that is how we will start but who will play in those positions is beyond me. (trying not to sound like a stereotypical negative fan) We do have far too many midfielders/wingers and although I am very excited with Knockaert who looked like a genuinely quality player against Sunderland I just dont see how he will fit in.

Ben Marshall will have to start after the end to his season last season he was quality for us and should start this season. Danny Drinkwater is also a quality player and I think most of us all like him too. So if those two were to start who the hell will be the other two?

Curious to know all your opinions on this

4-4-2 but attacking like the friendly the other day at home (maybe like a 4-2-2-2). 4-2-3-1 away for me. Well I'd like to see that anyway

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Whitbread/SSL

Konch

Drinkwater

Danns

Marshall

Knockeart

Beckford

Vardy

We have a great squad. Nugent can switch in for the two forwards, with the youth ones or Futacs on the bench. Dyer capable winger sub. Plenty of CMs. Unsure if we could do with another defender.

at home i would like to see:

schmeichel

de Laet

Morgan

Ledger/whitbread

Konchesky

marshall

Danns

Drinkwater

Knock knock

nugent

beckford

away or in tighter situations:

451/4411

same back 5

Marshall

James

Drinkwater

Knock

King (free roaming) - his late runs can get a heck of a lot goals in this position and can also crowd out the midfield when needs be.

Vardy running like a mad man!

I honestly have no idea how we are going to line up, the back for and keeper are fairly easy to pick, although I'm not sure on the fitness status of Whitbread and SSL, but the middle field really could be any 4 from Drinkwater, James, Danns, Wellens, Gallagher, Dyer, Knocking on heavens door, Marshall, Dyer and up front any 2 from Vardy, Beckford, Nugent, Futacs, Waghorn, Schlupp, and that is assuming we go for a straight 442, I really couldn't choose.

Home 4-4-2, when everybody is fit.

Schmeichel

De laet Whitbread Morgan Konchesky

Knockaert Drinkwater James Marshall

Nugent Beckford(but I think Pearson will pick Vardy instead.)

Away:

Schmeichel

De Laet Whitbread Morgan Konchesky

Drinkwater Danns

Knockaert Marshall Dyer

Nugent

I personally think it will be a flat 4-4-2, especially at home.

I don't know how to change from that really. We all speak about Marshall playing behind the strikers, I'd like to give that a go, but then who's going to be drafted in to play right midfield? Dyer is probably the best option (not Gallagher!!). Although I'd like to see a 4-3-3, and then a 4-5-1 away, I don't think it will really work. I doubt we'd have the width, and like last season, Nugent didn't look comfortable wide life/right, unless that's a role for Vardy.

Anway, we every player is fit, I'd probably go for:

Schmeichel

De Laet -- Morgan -- Whitbread/SSL -- Konch

Marshall -- Drinkwater/James/Wellens -- Danns -- Knockeart

Nugent -- Vardy

-- or --

Schmeichel

Dyer -- Drinkwater/James/Wellens/Danns -- Knockeart

Marshall

Nugent -- Vardy

But with that, I somehow see us getting overrun in midfield. Although I wouldn't like it, the 4-3-3 (turning into a 4-5-1) could work like:

Schmeichel

Drinkwater/James/Wellens/Danns

Marshall -- Nugent/Vardy -- Vardy/Knockaert

Archived