Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Torquay - City Player ratings ?

Hesitant to do this after fleckneymike's philosophical posturings on the subject last week...

Schmeichel 6

De Laet 6

Moore 6

Morgan 7

Konchesky 7

Marshall 7

Drinkwater 8

James 5

Dyer 7

Vardy 7

Beckford 6

Kasper - 6 - Nothing to do except catch a couple of crosses. Distribution good.

RDL - 7 - Lightening quick going forward. Caught out a couple of times but recovered well.

Moore - 8 - Excellent. Would love for him to start against Posh. Strong, composed and looks like he's learning to stay on his feet and not dive in.

Morgan - 8 - Massive shorts.

Konch - 7 - Standard Konch

Marshall - 8 - What a free kick. Great ball for Vardy too. Looked dangerous everytime he got it.

Drinky - 9 - Bossed the game. Not seen a midfield performance like that for a long time.

James - 6 - Took his goal well but seemed to be the weak link. Dont think he's string enough for a midfield 2 but would perhaps be handy in a 3 should we ever play that way.

Dyer - 7 - Positive, pacey and a well taken goal. Should start on Saturday.

Vardy - 8 - Workhorse and flashes of brilliance to go with it. Looks to be a good find. Showed good awareness for his goal.

Beckford - 8 - Worked his ass off. Unlucky not to score on a couple of occassions. Encouraging signs that he could start to deliver the sort of work ethic we want to see.

Subs

Not worth rating any if them. Game was dead by the time they came on.

Schmeichel - 7 Didn't have a lot to do after we went 1-0 up but made a couple crucial saves at 0-0

De Laet - 6 Seemed to struggle at times, improved as the game went on

Moore - 7 Confident display alongside Morgan, seems to benefit playing alongside a more experienced player

Morgan - 8 Solid good decision to give him the captains armband

Konchesky - 7 Not spectacular but confident

Drinkwater - 8 Seems to have mad the central midfield place his own.

James - 6 Seemed of the pace at times, took his goal well.

Dyer - 6 faded in the second half

Vardy - 7 Energetic display another who took his goal well, seemed to have a good understanding with Beckford.

Beckford - 8 Worked well alongside Vardy could have had a couple of goals, seems to have the fans back on his side (Well the ones who travel away, now needs to convice the home fans).

Marshall - 9 He only ever scores S**T goals. MOTM for me

Subs

Nugent - 6 Seems to struggling at the minute

Danns / King - weren't on the pitch long enough.

Surprised to see the low ratings of James. Was he very average then? Stringer was praising him no end. Maybe Stringer isnt everyone's cup of tea but he does generally get it right when talking about a players performance.

I was very impressed with James on Saturday against Sunderland, looked very composed on the ball and has a good eye for a pass.

Surprised to see the low ratings of James. Was he very average then? Stringer was praising him no end. Maybe Stringer isnt everyone's cup of tea but he does generally get it right when talking about a players performance.

I was very impressed with James on Saturday against Sunderland, looked very composed on the ball and has a good eye for a pass.

Really?

Quite surprised about that as he got caught in possession a few times.

What were Stringer and Youngs thoughts on Beckford by the way?

Really?

Quite surprised about that as he got caught in possession a few times.

What were Stringer and Youngs thoughts on Beckford by the way?

I thought James was excellent on Saturday bar a couple of 'moments'. Him and Drinkwater linked up very well and both composed in possession. He seems a younger version of Wellens with more energy.

Stringer and Young thought Beckford was ok but did praise his work ethic. Said he should of prob scored but he's looking more hungry to play

Youngs hatred towards moore is pi**ing me off. Hes only 19 ffs! He said is he going to cope playing 46 games ! I was like well no as we have ssl and whitbread to come back in so he dosent need to play all 46! And he picks up on every fault he does. Lookin at the player ratings fans see it differently? Hes just a miserable old t**t

What's with Beckford getting these high rating. I went last night and would give him 6 maximum. He did absolutely nothing except fall over himself and hide out on the wing. The fans around me were slagging him off no end. Just because he set up one goal doesn't mean he had a good game. I can't even remember him having a shot on target. Not good enough for a centre forward. Hope Pearson plays Nugent on Saturday.

Kasper - 6 - Nothing to do except catch a couple of crosses. Distribution good.

RDL - 7 - Lightening quick going forward. Caught out a couple of times but recovered well.

Moore - 8 - Excellent. Would love for him to start against Posh. Strong, composed and looks like he's learning to stay on his feet and not dive in.

Morgan - 8 - Massive shorts.

Konch - 7 - Standard Konch

Marshall - 8 - What a free kick. Great ball for Vardy too. Looked dangerous everytime he got it.

Drinky - 9 - Bossed the game. Not seen a midfield performance like that for a long time.

James - 6 - Took his goal well but seemed to be the weak link. Dont think he's string enough for a midfield 2 but would perhaps be handy in a 3 should we ever play that way.

Dyer - 7 - Positive, pacey and a well taken goal. Should start on Saturday.

Vardy - 8 - Workhorse and flashes of brilliance to go with it. Looks to be a good find. Showed good awareness for his goal.

Beckford - 8 - Worked his ass off. Unlucky not to score on a couple of occassions. Encouraging signs that he could start to deliver the sort of work ethic we want to see.

Subs

Not worth rating any if them. Game was dead by the time they came on.

This is the most correct ratings for me! Except i think Moore was no where near an eight, and that Dyer shouldn't be starting in front of Knockaert

This is the most correct ratings for me! Except i think Moore was no where near an eight, and that Dyer shouldn't be starting in front of Knockaert

My thoughts are always that if you play well, you keep your short and its then yours to lose.

Moore nowhere near an 8? Really? Fair enough mate but I thought he was superb.

Archived