Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Attendence

Without the stipulations, it's poor.

If you bought a programme you will see in 1993 our home attendance was just over 8000 when we were in Div 1 and if you are pensioner you will remember peterborough getting 20000 for non league games it all goes in cycles

All clubs lie and say less fans attended.

Tax fiddling at its best, if they say there's 23k and theres actually 25k that's 2k x £20 a ticket, pays for jermain beckfords wages ;)

So when we had 27,720 against Leeds last season it was actually a full house. ;)

All clubs lie and say less fans attended.

Tax fiddling at its best, if they say there's 23k and theres actually 25k that's 2k x £20 a ticket, pays for jermain beckfords wages ;)

personally I doubt this practice is as widespread as the myth would go. Tax inspectors are not thick.

1. Few ticket sales are now cash based. The only way the club can hide gate reciepts is by cash sales - regardless of what tannoy man states the attendance is. The tax man will know the industry standard for cash sales and expect us to be no different - its pretty easy to work out.

2. The tax man will know that each gate must legally click through everyone that has gone through the turnstiles - which is liklely to be done electronically. Clubs have to do this for H&S - Hillsborough. A tax man will want to see these reports.

3. swipe cards/tickets - again see point two.

4. If nothing else, just position 1 man in each stand and photgraph the opposite stand at 3.10pm. The capacity of each stand is out there in the publc domain and just by looking at each stand you can have a very close educated guess at the attendance in that stand. I normally have a pop at predicting the crowd at around said time and am usually within 1000 everytime. With photographic eveidence I reckon they could tell.

Just my summising.....

Archived