Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Attendence

What do the club base it on? Yesterday seemed far more then 23,00? Is this because last year they were pretending more people were going? I've seen the stadium with less and them claim 26,000 odd. Or maybe its just because the atmosphere was actually pretty good yesterday that it seemed like more. Please don't reply they base it on people haha

Maybe the 15k ST holders decided to come as it was the first game of the season, it's regularly said that they count them whether they are there or not.

The attendance was about exactly what I thought it would be yesterday.

However, the atmosphere was superb with the L1 lads and the Kop making a right racket.

What were the Paedo chants all about at the end though?

Boro fan was making gestures towards the family stand (full of kids) hence the Paedo chants.

The attendance was about exactly what I thought it would be yesterday.

However, the atmosphere was superb with the L1 lads and the Kop making a right racket.

What were the Paedo chants all about at the end though?

Apparently a posh fan was in the family stand and was spotted n abused.

I actually thought the ground looked more empty than 23000.

I presume the majority of you sit in the Kop? It looked to me like a huge amount of people, a very visible percentage, have abandoned the Kop, and the East Stand seemed a lot fuller (based on noise) than usual. This would explain why you guys in the Kop thought the ground looked fuller (being able to see the good attendance in the East, West and family stands) and to me it looked a bit emptier because the Kop was a bit shorter on numbers.

By law they can not lie about the attendance.

Every time someone enters the stadium and scans the ticket it adds 1 on.

Simples...

Clubs have to declare attendence for tax reasons. Been to Leeds a few times and always thought the 'official' attendence seemed low...that Boxing Day fixture in League One was a case in point. I suppose it's not out of the question that clubs lie about the attendence, although I think it's right most of the time.

Attendence was about right for me. Family Stand was very full but there were large gaps in the West Stand, plus unusual gaps in the East Stand and in the Kop to the right of the goal.

Official attendence is based on tickets sold, not the actual number of people in the ground. Which means that the 15,000 STHs are included in the figure automatically, even if they don't turn up, plus the Under-8s tickets in the Familiy Stand (which are 'sold' for free).

The club have a pre-match expected attendance, and i suspect that this has something to do with the attendance stated. I believe that they take a figure on number of tickets sold at close of sales (day before the game, eg Friday night for Saturday game) and then probably add on to this, the average number of tickets sold on a match day.

It's quite funny to see the west stand from the east stand because you can see exactly where the prices go up. One line is totally full, the net totally empty.

NB: Definitely thought it was more than 24k, but Peterborough didn't bring that many which didn't really help the cause.

Archived