Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
S-win

Change the fans

Course not Cap Shrap..

Here's what I'd do if we win on Saturday.

1. Be happy because I'm a City fan

2. Hope that I was also happy with how we played.

3. Cautiously wait for the Wolves game before I started to believe that we were going to become a real force in this division.

4. Look at where we looked good and where we didn't. Analyse both.

5. Breathe a sigh of relief because the manager I wanted at the club was still safe in his job.

6. Not say 'I told you so'.. Cos I thought we would win, just as I did last night and got that completely wrong.

That's about it I think.

I don't think last nights result was the be all and end all. I was however, angry primarily because of how we played.

:thumbup:

I will just be happy that we won and, presumably played well, I have no intention of saying I told you so, and nobody will care even if I did. Now if we lose do you think all the negative knee jerkers won't trot out the same tired old crap we've had to wade through for the last week.

I will also say this, if we play as well as we did at Blackburn we should win but if we don't but we play just as well I'm not going to start calling for anybody's head.

Some real nonsense being spouted in this thread. Our fans attitude is I suspect no different to those of Forest, Derby, Ipswitch or any other ex-prem team that has had to put up with lower league mediocrity for a decade. It is a testament to our support that we still get the numbers that we do after all the ridiculously priced crap football we've had to put up with. No game ever starts with the fans on the players back, they are supported right from the off and if the team then goes on to play poorly its only natural that the level of support will drop, If however the team go for it, play well and attack the opposition then the crowd will stay lifted and back them. That is the way it works.

Some real nonsense being spouted in this thread. Our fans attitude is I suspect no different to those of Forest, Derby, Ipswitch or any other ex-prem team that has had to put up with lower league mediocrity for a decade. It is a testament to our support that we still get the numbers that we do after all the ridiculously priced crap football we've had to put up with. No game ever starts with the fans on the players back, they are supported right from the off and if the team then goes on to play poorly its only natural that the level of support will drop, If however the team go for it, play well and attack the opposition then the crowd will stay lifted and back them. That is the way it works.

Why is it "only natural" though, why can't people have a little bit of patience ever, seriously why do people demand us to be 3 up in 15 minutes?

It's embarrassing and if it's as bad here as it is at the places you mentioned then I'll be amazed. Our ground is absolutely depressing when we don't win.

Over the recent years, we have changed

the manger, the owners, and the players

Yet we still can't get back to the promised land

If only we could transfer in some positive fans.

Let's stay positive, back the team and see

What happens!

What a load of total RUBBISH

Over the recent years, we have changed

the manger, the owners, and the players

Yet we still can't get back to the promised land

If only we could transfer in some positive fans.

Let's stay positive, back the team and see

What happens!

What a load of total rubbish.

Face the facts. We will not reach the top ten of this division, let alone the promised land, unless we change things around, NOW! Fans who feel either positive or negative, won't make a scrap of difference.

Face the facts. We will not reach the top ten of this division, let alone the promised land, unless we change things around, NOW! Fans who feel either positive or negative, won't make a scrap of difference.

Oh my filter must be off .....you must be one of these negative fans DT? Fact about not reaching top 10 ? I'll lend you my specs if you lend me your crystal ball.

Wow, probably the most retarded post in what has been a very special week on here.

I would love to know what facts these are we need to face, and what changes do you suggest? More upheaval, more money splashed down the drain?

Why is it "only natural" though, why can't people have a little bit of patience ever, seriously why do people demand us to be 3 up in 15 minutes?

It's embarrassing and if it's as bad here as it is at the places you mentioned then I'll be amazed. Our ground is absolutely depressing when we don't win.

I think its the fact that we've been so mediocre for so long that creates this supposed lack of patience. I dont think people demand us to be 3 up in 15 minutes but they do want a bit of excitement and entertainment for their extortionate ticket price. Using the Peterborough game as an example the atmosphere in the ground proceeded to get flatter throughout the first half because the square root of bugger all was happening on the pitch. We barely attacked or pressured them and they were happy to keep hold of the ball without really attacking us, a scenario that happened throughout last season thereby creating a here we go again attitude. Early second half we get a goal start playing some good attacking football and the atmosphere markedly improved, its that simple.

I would be more amazed if the places I mentioned werent similar to be honest. The City Ground home ends werent exactly a hive of fun and atmosphere last season and Cov (the epitome of a mediocre team who never ever achieve anything) have always had a depressed vibe around their grounds. Also do you honestly believe that the Derby forums werent full of threads calling for Cloughs head after they were knocked out of the league cup the other week and ditto Ipswitch after Blackpool battered them on Saturday?

Archived