Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
S-win

Change the fans

Our fans are utter turd collectively.

We have our days away from home, we also have our days at home, but it's so rare we're decent at home when we don't win, so, so rare.

The mentality of our support is completely wrong.

We seem absolutely blinkered on the whole and I hate to admit it, but a lot of the neutrals are right, so many of our fans think because we had Sven, because we've got money, that we're owed promotion - we aren't.

It's a shame I say this because we have a very lot of sound fans and through football I've met some real decent people, I just think Leicester fans collectively are awful.

I'm a bit of moaner, and I grumble about some of the players sometimes, although I never cheer when a player is subbed off, like some were doing last night when Gally was taken off. Generally I'm a bit of a glass half empty kind of guy.

But i'm interested to know what people who take the approach "lets get behind the team no matter what" were doing/thinking when we were 4-1 down to a League 2 side last night? How do you maintain a positive attitude in the face of such an abject performance?

Doing: At that time I was walking to the cash machine to get some money out for my housemate, she had been mugged on the way home and didn't have any money to get a taxi to her parents.

Thinking: Selfish bitch, doesn't she know I have my own problems we are losing to Burton Albion, and now I can't follow it because I have to go and get you some money.

I'm one who doesn't think Gally is good enough, poor work rate, frightened of a tackle and will say FFS Gally quietly during matches. However, whilst he's playing I will chant his name, hope he does well and WON'T boo him off the pitch as it does no good at all to him or the team.

+1

I can't stand Gally as a player, he offers so little. But I will never boo him or any other LCFC player or abuse them.

46 Years of hope/despair interjected with moments of delerium.... not an excuse but reason for being slightly mad as a leicester fan... having said that some of the tossers that attend the KP is the reason I much prefer away games and I do actually wonder how many of the moaners on here go to the games... although opinions are a football fans right and it would be no fun if we all agreed and do we really think that anyone of the players or management read this forum.. so our moaning on here wont make any difference... by the way.. i do try not to moan and be constructive.... lcfc 3 blackpool 1

Our fans are utter turd collectively.

We have our days away from home, we also have our days at home, but it's so rare we're decent at home when we don't win, so, so rare.

The mentality of our support is completely wrong.

We seem absolutely blinkered on the whole and I hate to admit it, but a lot of the neutrals are right, so many of our fans think because we had Sven, because we've got money, that we're owed promotion - we aren't.

It's a shame I say this because we have a very lot of sound fans and through football I've met some real decent people, I just think Leicester fans collectively are awful.

Essentially this - post this at the top and close the thread. We have a great core of fans, but the sheer amount of money outweighs everything. Take Millwall away, granted a crap day, but two separate blokes thought it right to scream at the OAPS down the front for not standing, before buggering off before the match had finished. Added to this are the 'knowitall' fans, who tut and grumble and moan about every sideways pass.

THEN look on here and you've got people like grewks and kingfox and the rest... Honestly, some of our fans really turn me off bothering to go to matches or come on here. It's just better sometimes checking the results and not having to deal with utter ****s. And I say this as someone who went down Filbo in the 80s. How depressing is that?

I'm a bit of moaner, and I grumble about some of the players sometimes, although I never cheer when a player is subbed off, like some were doing last night when Gally was taken off. Generally I'm a bit of a glass half empty kind of guy.

But i'm interested to know what people who take the approach "lets get behind the team no matter what" were doing/thinking when we were 4-1 down to a League 2 side last night? How do you maintain a positive attitude in the face of such an abject performance?

Having a good old sing song at the back of P2.

Been going to City games nearly twenty years and haven't ever felt the need to boo. Been plenty angry before, sworn my tits off and had a moan but booing? What's it going to achieve?

I'm sure millionaire footballers don't care but I reckon the self esteem of the likes of King, Marshall and co can be quite obviously raised and lowered by the reception they get. Footballers are human, it's not rocket science, twenty thousand people surround and boo them every week their confidence is going to suffer.

News flash - negative and booing fans = negative players + negative performances + negative results

Works both ways but as far as i'm concerned it starts on the pitch, well it starts in the ticket office;

Fan buys ticket > Fan wants to be entertained > Players entertain and give fan something to cheer about > Fan shouts encouragement, chants and create a good atmosphere > Players get encouragement, confidence, play better and everyone is happy.

Mind you all of this would be solved if they simply swapped the Family Stand for the Kop :ph34r:

If you don't enjoy going to football you probably shouldn't go. Hence why I don't do home games anymore, because I get too wound up by whinging reactionary twats.

i find you guys amazing , you open a topic and moan about the moaners, sooooooo funny to read , and how sad when u turn on your own supporters , everyone is entitled to voice their opinions, some do it differently to others but we all love the same team and when a team like burton turn us over like they did last night then we all feel it .

Anyone who pays to see the match has a right to react to what they have seen.

Ist simple...play good= You get hero worshipped(for whatever reason!)

Play crap= you get mullered...

I think it's how many times you repeat yourself that makes you labeled either a hater or a lover. I repeated myself over Beckford and people think I hate him with a passion and am against the bloke and want him to fail. I admit I went over the top on him really, my posts became less about him and more about correcting others in the end.

Similarly with Pearson, I have no loyalty to him. But I will defend what I think are unfair OTT posts against him. Because I do that regularly (there are a lot of them), any critisism of him I make gets overlooked because I usually say it and move on to something else.

Taking the typical FT approach to reading posts, all I saw here was:

Babs hates Beckford

Babs loves Pearson

I think it works both ways..

If we win on Saturday (which I think we will) I betcha the 'I told you so's will be flooding the boards. Pearson will be God, the tide would have been turned and we will be good for winning the league.

Betcha..

:thumbup:

So we get slated now for supporting the team and having a little faith, and if we are proved right we will get slated again for supporting the team.

So we get slated now for supporting the team and having a little faith, and if we are proved right we will get slated again for supporting the team.

Course not Cap Shrap..

Here's what I'd do if we win on Saturday.

1. Be happy because I'm a City fan

2. Hope that I was also happy with how we played.

3. Cautiously wait for the Wolves game before I started to believe that we were going to become a real force in this division.

4. Look at where we looked good and where we didn't. Analyse both.

5. Breathe a sigh of relief because the manager I wanted at the club was still safe in his job.

6. Not say 'I told you so'.. Cos I thought we would win, just as I did last night and got that completely wrong.

That's about it I think.

I don't think last nights result was the be all and end all. I was however, angry primarily because of how we played.

:thumbup:

i find you guys amazing , you open a topic and moan about the moaners, sooooooo funny to read , and how sad when u turn on your own supporters , everyone is entitled to voice their opinions, some do it differently to others but we all love the same team and when a team like burton turn us over like they did last night then we all feel it .

Hang on hang on, you've just slated him for moaning about the topic, yet you're having a go about our fans moaning about others and have opened a topic called "change the fans"?

Are you for real?

Works both ways but as far as i'm concerned it starts on the pitch, well it starts in the ticket office;

Fan buys ticket > Fan wants to be entertained > Players entertain and give fan something to cheer about > Fan shouts encouragement, chants and create a good atmosphere > Players get encouragement, confidence, play better and everyone is happy.

Mind you all of this would be solved if they simply swapped the Family Stand for the Kop :ph34r:

What I think the cycle is;

Fans are charged ridiculous money for a ticket > The expectation is stupidly high because we've got owners that aren't scared to spend, and expect a lot more for our money > Delusions that we're a lot better than we are > Opposition aware of this and frustrate the crowd > Mediocre result > Pearson's got to go, bring back Sven etc... > Fans pick up embarrassing reputation > Our negative atmosphere doesn't help things at all when we go behind (I'm not fully blaming the fans at all either) and so on.

I seriously think the hype is killing this club.

Fans are charged ridiculous money for a ticket > The expectation is stupidly high because we've got owners that aren't scared to spend, and expect a lot more for our money > Delusions that we're a lot better than we are > Opposition aware of this and frustrate the crowd > Mediocre result > Pearson's got to go, bring back Sven etc... > Fans pick up embarrassing reputation > Our negative atmosphere doesn't help things at all when we go behind (I'm not fully blaming the fans at all either) and so on.

Hype mixed with 10 years of stagnation and disappointment.

And twitter.

Thing is yes, we moan, alot, we get on the players back quite easily and without sounding like i'm blowing our own trumpet, we are actually very good fans, i'd say support wise we are one of the top fanbases in the league (Not the best, but certainly in the top 5).

We always get good attendences at home - Don't generate a great atmosphere - Although it was quite good against Peterborough I thought - Admittedly we get on the backs of the team abit too easy.

We always travel well and in big numbers and generate quite a good atmosphere.

If i'm being honest the fans and team support/playing well argument doesn't wash with me anyway, the fans pay their money to be entertained the players entertain and will get well supported back - they work off each other but it starts with seeing something decent on the pitch, the rest will follow.

This

GROUP HUG :P

They hype and expectation wasn't half as much or high as last year though.

Archived