Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
S-win

Change the fans

Over the recent years, we have changed

the manger, the owners, and the players

Yet we still can't get back to the promised land

If only we could transfer in some positive fans.

Let's stay positive, back the team and see

What happens!

What happens!

News flash - negative results = negative fans

Thing is yes, we moan, alot, we get on the players back quite easily and without sounding like i'm blowing our own trumpet, we are actually very good fans, i'd say support wise we are one of the top fanbases in the league (Not the best, but certainly in the top 5).

We always get good attendences at home - Don't generate a great atmosphere - Although it was quite good against Peterborough I thought - Admittedly we get on the backs of the team abit too easy.

We always travel well and in big numbers and generate quite a good atmosphere.

If i'm being honest the fans and team support/playing well argument doesn't wash with me anyway, the fans pay their money to be entertained the players entertain and will get well supported back - they work off each other but it starts with seeing something decent on the pitch, the rest will follow.

What happens!

Most of us are positive, it's just that the team don't give us anything to be positive about.

We shouldn't change the fans, what a ridiculous comment. Doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with their opinion, without the fans there would be no club.

Thing is yes, we moan, alot, we get on the players back quite easily and without sounding like i'm blowing our own trumpet, we are actually very good fans, i'd say support wise we are one of the top fanbases in the league (Not the best, but certainly in the top 5).

I can't share your definition of support.

I don't mind quiet fans and I don't expect them to sing and dance all game like a twat, leave that to me. What I dislike is those taht sit in silence thge whole game then suddenly find their voices to boo and have a go at the final whistle. If you want to be quiet then stay quiet, too many selectively noisy only when things go wrong.

You can still question the manager, the tactics and the fellow fans and remain positive you know..

The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

The problem with FT is that anyone suggesting something might need improving and trying to emphasise how important they feel it may be, gets perceived as 'negative'

Actually, the more 'negative' fans IMO are the ones who don't analyse for themselves, don't question and don't debate. Those that glibly retort to making out that 'things will come good' are the 'dangerous' ones IMO.

I saw it hundreds of times under Sven.. Literally hundreds of times.

You can still question the manager, the tactics and the fellow fans and remain positive you know..

The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

The problem with FT is that anyone suggesting something might need improving and trying to emphasise how important they feel it may be, gets perceived as 'negative'

Actually, the more 'negative' fans IMO are the ones who don't analyse for themselves, don't question and don't debate. Those that glibly retort to making out that 'things will come good' are the 'dangerous' ones IMO.

I saw it hundreds of times under Sven.. Literally hundreds of times.

Can you define 'dangerous' in the context of that post? It doesn't seem at all dangerous to me.

The problem with FT is people who think they are Premier League standard football coaches, analysing everything to death to make the point they want and then claiming to know the answer to all our problems. Another problem with FT is peoples assumption that anything they talk about on here can have an influence on the managers decisions and that, by highlighting the problems, they are helping the club or being constructive with their ideas. They also presume that people ignoring their points are 'dangerous' as if they are responsible for running the club but I would suggest that no-one on here has much input into tactics or team selection, so the points made are completely irrelevant.

I know it is a forum and here for discussion and debate but let us not overestimate the importance of our posts.

Delusions of grandeur indeed.

I'm a bit of moaner, and I grumble about some of the players sometimes, although I never cheer when a player is subbed off, like some were doing last night when Gally was taken off. Generally I'm a bit of a glass half empty kind of guy.

But i'm interested to know what people who take the approach "lets get behind the team no matter what" were doing/thinking when we were 4-1 down to a League 2 side last night? How do you maintain a positive attitude in the face of such an abject performance?

I think it's how many times you repeat yourself that makes you labeled either a hater or a lover. I repeated myself over Beckford and people think I hate him with a passion and am against the bloke and want him to fail. I admit I went over the top on him really, my posts became less about him and more about correcting others in the end.

Similarly with Pearson, I have no loyalty to him. But I will defend what I think are unfair OTT posts against him. Because I do that regularly (there are a lot of them), any critisism of him I make gets overlooked because I usually say it and move on to something else.

I'm a bit of moaner, and I grumble about some of the players sometimes, although I never cheer when a player is subbed off, like some were doing last night when Gally was taken off. Generally I'm a bit of a glass half empty kind of guy.

But i'm interested to know what people who take the approach "lets get behind the team no matter what" were doing/thinking when we were 4-1 down to a League 2 side last night? How do you maintain a positive attitude in the face of such an abject performance?

TBF it sounded like we deserved the boos last night. I think the players would accept that and so would Nigel.

The problem is I was listening and you can hear Gally getting stick from very early on. And that's been the case for the last year. Then there have been games where we've been way too quick to boo.

And then there are idiots left right and centre on here calling for the managers head. Ciriticism, even heavy criticism is fair after last night but why is one match always the be all and end all for some people?

I maintain what I've said about our fans for some time - we're very good numerically, and on our day we're up there with the best in the country, but half the time we look like utter ******.

Then again, when we've had the last 10 years that we've had it's bound to take its toll. I won't make out I'm really positive because tbh I'm bloody fed up with us, but when I'm at matches I always try to believe if we get behind the team we'll get a result, it's just a shame some people go there with 'why have I even bothered' attitude.

Guess what, that's me. To answer your question I was singing and chanting for most of the 90 minutes. As I walked out the stadium I felt gutted and embarrassed. I was annoyed that some players given a chance to impress didn't take it. I was impressed by Casper's continued excellent attitude and Knocky's decent performnce. Hated losing as wanted a decent draw in the third round (although we would ave been guarranteed Middlesboro away to keep up traditin of ridiculous travel to the same ground twice in a week) and then started to think about Blackpool at home on Saturday. It should be a good day, nice afternoon round the city centre pubs and hopefullly a win cheering the lads on.

TBF it sounded like we deserved the boos last night. I think the players would accept that and so would Nigel.

The problem is I was listening and you can hear Gally getting stick from very early on. And that's been the case for the last year. Then there have been games where we've been way too quick to boo.

And then there are idiots left right and centre on here calling for the managers head. Ciriticism, even heavy criticism is fair after last night but why is one match always the be all and end all for some people?

I maintain what I've said about our fans for some time - we're very good numerically, and on our day we're up there with the best in the country, but half the time we look like utter ******.

Then again, when we've had the last 10 years that we've had it's bound to take its toll. I won't make out I'm really positive because tbh I'm bloody fed up with us, but when I'm at matches I always try to believe if we get behind the team we'll get a result, it's just a shame some people go there with 'why have I even bothered' attitude.

I'm one who doesn't think Gally is good enough, poor work rate, frightened of a tackle and will say FFS Gally quietly during matches. However, whilst he's playing I will chant his name, hope he does well and WON'T boo him off the pitch as it does no good at all to him or the team.

If most of our fans are positive, why is it I pretty much always have 3-4 people constantly critising everything from the kick off sitting within earshot when I can get to a match?

I had a brilliant one next to me last night. On his own, moaning blind about everything from the kick off, with sarcastic slow clapping thrown in if a player had the temerity to retain possession by passing sideways or backwards. He was so angry that he actually quietened down when everything went to shit, as if his rage had already reached its limits and had nowhere to go.

To be honest, I find people like that far more depressing than the haplessness on the pitch. The only people that can hear them are the dozen or so people sat around them, who like me are presumably fantasising about them falling down the stairs, and they contribute nothing beyond crushing everyone's spirits even more than they were already. I can understand people moaning when things are going badly, it's the getting your moans in before things are even going wrong that does my head in. You've paid money (presumably) to be here and the impression you give is that you actively hate everything about it

Archived