Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

I'm sick of excuses

When Pearson was here last he certainly seemed more defensively minded.

But when we won I don't think we played poor football?

I remember some really good games under his previous tenure.

No I agree, I actually really enjoyed most of our football, I just doubt Dangerous Tiger would feel the same way.

No I agree, I actrually really enjoyed most of our football, I just doubt Dangerous Tiger would feel the same way.

I think that's why I'm a little (just a little) perplexed at this new emphasis, being completely embraced by so many on here, of us playing free-flowing, attacking football?

When Nige was last here, I'm sure I recall us playing a pretty tightened defence ( this was when Wellens was younger and fitter and could give us that defence from the midfield), accompanied by the likes of Spearing for example, AND looking pretty good when we went forward?

The stats back this up:

We were ranked the 4th best team in the division for goals conceded and the 9th best team for goals scored, with a +16 for our goal average.

We averaged goals conceded therefore of 0.98 goals per game. Effectively, our position of 5th was won mainly on our ability to not concede goals but we also scored them.

If we were to achieve such statistics this season we would most likely get a play off position.

I think we need to redress the balance a little and I hope thus starts on Saturday when we hopefully continue to look good going forward but, just as importantly, stop conceding them.

I don't like Pearson I think he is arrogant and self centred. I will say though that he has some what changed his style of play from last season. What he hasn't done is sure up the defence which was very poor last season , and is certainly worst now.

His main problem which could be his down fall, is applying the Keegan philosophy where it doesn't matter how many you concede as long as you take your chances and score one more.

I don't understand what has happened to the likes of Danns and Nugent two of our best players last term

I don't understand why he has signed a crocked centre half apart from it being on a free.

I do start to think that maybe some one upstairs might now be pulling the strings on finances.

If this is so, then it may just keep Pearson in the job a little longer

What is the point of getting so worked up and angry every time we lose, it is just bizarre, there really are more important things in life.

It/s not a question of being angry, as opposed to factual.

Yes, there are far more important things in life, but they are out of place somewhat on a football forum.

I'm sorry but if our reserves are not good enough to beat a 2nd Division side them they should not bloody well be our reserves. There were enough 'quality' players out there that this should not even be an issue. Something went badly wrong. I don't want NP to go but the buck stops with him.

We are a squad, and Pearson picked his team from that, so stop making pedantic excuses :frantics:

No, quite! Still I think it's pretty obvious what was being said. But just to reiterate and to make it simple - thing aren't good. Results aren't good. Performances show some promise, apart from Burton, but promises don't mean prizes. Ask my wife : ).

NP is under pressure but I think he should stay, build his team and start earning his bloody money. Right now he's worth about a balti pie and half a lager. We want prawn sarnies.

Is that clear?

Archived