Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

I'm sick of excuses

Yes mate ?

lol

Enough said......

Then give us your alternative view on how the game went...

Did you leave the game feeling positive?

Genuinely, cos if you were impressed by any of our players (Knocky had a good game?) then let us know. An alternative view would be refreshing..

:thumbup:

im sick and tired of people saying if you had gone to the game. everyone on here is a lcfc fan no matter if you go or you don't. col city fan you have hit it on the head about this football club and is frustated with all this failure. i dont agree with col city fan most times but this time im 100 percent behind him.

im sick and tired of people saying if you had gone to the game. everyone on here is a lcfc fan no matter if you go or you don't. col city fan you have hit it on the head about this football club and is frustated with all this failure. i dont agree with col city fan most times but this time im 100 percent behind him.

Is that some sort of back handed compliment?

:o

Ummm in some aspects of the post Col, it was the best rant I have ever seen, but in some parts I disagree.

Pearson gave his fringe players a chance to perform last night, and most of them didn't take it unfortunately, which means after last night they won't feature anymore.

If we played our first team, and lost then people have a right to fume, but it was basically our second team with two centre backs coming back from injury, two central midfielders who seem they will be playing second fiddle this season to King and Drinkwater, wingers who needed to show there worth, one took the chance in Knockaert who was probably MOTM, while Gallagher simply didn't take his chance. While Waghorn and Schlupp were played to simply see if they are still good enough, last night proved they are clearly not good enough for this football club at the minute.

With the transfer window closing in 2 days, Pearson played those players to see if they were good enough, now some haven't performed Pearson will probably look to get rid of the dead wood like Waghorn and Gallagher over the next coming days.

Pearson should know all about dead wood! lol

There are false assumptions made on this thread and this thread itself in created from listening to the radio.

I'm sorry but if you didn't even see the game then dont expect anyone to give your opinion any authority.

For the record effort last night was not the issue.

Think that this is a total over reaction brought on by seasons of expectation and dissapointment. This season with the type of players brought in I expected 10 0r 12 games to hit a good flow, I was scared that would be to late to save Pearson. We have seen glimpses of better things. I will wait till the end of October before making a steadfast opinion. I make no apologies for my grammar it is what it is. Fine tuning and to put the ball in the net more with the amount of chances we have and hey presto we are on the right track.

There are false assumptions made on this thread and this thread itself in created from listening to the radio.

I'm sorry but if you didn't even see the game then dont expect anyone to give your opinion any authority.

For the record effort last night was not the issue.

Effort was not the issue??? You cannot have sat and watched the same game as me to post that. Effort was non existent!!!

I'm sorry but if our reserves are not good enough to beat a 2nd Division side them they should not bloody well be our reserves. There were enough 'quality' players out there that this should not even be an issue. Something went badly wrong. I don't want NP to go but the buck stops with him.

I'm sorry but if our reserves are not good enough to beat a 2nd Division side them they should not bloody well be our reserves. There were enough 'quality' players out there that this should not even be an issue. Something went badly wrong. I don't want NP to go but the buck stops with him.

He pretty much said this himself last night after the match.

Need to see a response now, words mean little.

Im probably going to get slated for this but I'm merely posting what I'm thinking.

Last season was possibly the biggest let down I've ever had as a City fan of over 35 years.

The money, the expectation, the signings etc. I hold my hands up and thought that the likes of Mills, Danns and the others were going to bring good times to the club.

Sven left and Pearson came in. Again, wrongly, I thought he was going to turn things round pretty quickly, feeling that he had the players at his disposal, he simply needed to 'man manage' them and we would go places.

Again I was let down.

This season, although I thought we possibly hadn't signed enough 'quality', I thought Pearson would motivate and coach his new young squad into a team capable of challenging. Perhaps not making it this season, but not being far off.

Then, last night... Yes we were playing some of our second team. And yes some we're returning back from fitness. But I don't think anyone thought that putting out a side containing James, Danns, DeLaet, Konch, Kasper (to name but 5) could churn out the rubbish that we churned out last night.

And to top it all, Nigel appeared quite angry on the radio, suggesting that some of his players weren't up for the challenge. Well Nigel, you're the manager mate. If your players weren't up for the challenge, then could you please answer why?

Finally, we get the likes of Danns coming on twitter to post his apologies for the performance.

Well Danns... Shove your apology up your arse. I'm sick of hearing the players coming out with apologies. You've been at the club now for long enough, being paid handsomely, to not allow yourself become overrun by a League 2 side.

Same with James, same with all of them.

I'm fed up of ifs and buts, hearing about bad referees and decisions that went against us, wonder goals, fitness levels, how good we are going to be.

I think it's time to stand up and be counted. Starting with Blackpool on Saturday. No more excuses, no more 'when'... No more 'we are playing well and should have won'. Football is a results business. Let's get some good results and put any thoughts of having to change our manager and start again, to bed.

well said Col

Absolutely!

A think some posters have got it spot on.

This was Burton's cup final and I think they scored 6 on Saturday.

So, having played a weakened team, I think we all may have been a little more patient if it was a superb game which we lost on penno's for instance.

We wouldn't have been happy we lost, of course not, but could have accepted that it was a good run out for the 'ressies' and fair play to Burton for giving us a good game.

We may have reluctantly accepted it.

But the game weren't like that. Instead we leaked another four goals and seemed to be passionless.

THAT'S what I don't find acceptable. The manner of the loss sounded disgraceful, second team or not ( and it weren't really a full second team even).

I was there Col, trust me - the manner of the loss was disgraceful

Ummm in some aspects of the post Col, it was the best rant I have ever seen, but in some parts I disagree.

Pearson gave his fringe players a chance to perform last night, and most of them didn't take it unfortunately, which means after last night they won't feature anymore.

If we played our first team, and lost then people have a right to fume, but it was basically our second team with two centre backs coming back from injury, two central midfielders who seem they will be playing second fiddle this season to King and Drinkwater, wingers who needed to show there worth, one took the chance in Knockaert who was probably MOTM, while Gallagher simply didn't take his chance. While Waghorn and Schlupp were played to simply see if they are still good enough, last night proved they are clearly not good enough for this football club at the minute.

With the transfer window closing in 2 days, Pearson played those players to see if they were good enough, now some haven't performed Pearson will probably look to get rid of the dead wood like Waghorn and Gallagher over the next coming days.

You are right they didn't take their chance. But I'm fed up with this we only played our reserves. This is patent nonsense. These are players who are first team squad members. They aren't 17 year old kids from the youth team out on a jolly. If they are in the first team squad then they are considered by the manager to be good enough to play in the first team. Wkat happens if we get long term injuries (King last season for eg) then these guys have to play. They should be able to step up at any time that's why they are highly paid pros who have cost us in some cases a reasonable level of transfer fees. Some come from Man Utd reserves! I can accept losing and having supported for more than 40 years know we won't/can't win every game. What I do expect though is a decent level of competency and effort. Of the former there seemed to be a distinct lack.

Yes Saturday may be different and yes we may play different players but if for any reason our first team need a rest then these are the players who need to step up.

Are they good enough? I don't know but at the moment they have done little the other night or in some cases over a period of time to convince me they are. Now we have an angry manager, disappointed fans, possibly dissilusioned players and owners, well who knows what they are thinking.

Winning is a habit and so is losing. Winning in the cups with these so-called "fringe" player helps the feel good factor to spread through the entire squad and transmits this to the fans in the stands. At the moment we have none of this. Satruday is a big game. We need to support the team from the stands and hope they give us something back.

You are right they didn't take their chance. But I'm fed up with this we only played our reserves. This is patent nonsense. These are players who are first team squad members. They aren't 17 year old kids from the youth team out on a jolly. If they are in the first team squad then they are considered by the manager to be good enough to play in the first team. Wkat happens if we get long term injuries (King last season for eg) then these guys have to play. They should be able to step up at any time that's why they are highly paid pros who have cost us in some cases a reasonable level of transfer fees. Some come from Man Utd reserves! I can accept losing and having supported for more than 40 years know we won't/can't win every game. What I do expect though is a decent level of competency and effort. Of the former there seemed to be a distinct lack.

Yes Saturday may be different and yes we may play different players but if for any reason our first team need a rest then these are the players who need to step up.

Are they good enough? I don't know but at the moment they have done little the other night or in some cases over a period of time to convince me they are. Now we have an angry manager, disappointed fans, possibly dissilusioned players and owners, well who knows what they are thinking.

Winning is a habit and so is losing. Winning in the cups with these so-called "fringe" player helps the feel good factor to spread through the entire squad and transmits this to the fans in the stands. At the moment we have none of this. Satruday is a big game. We need to support the team from the stands and hope they give us something back.

Superb post.....

Well thought out and mirrors everything I thought about this game.

Lets face it outside the top 6 or 7 of the premier league any teams reseves are quite likely to be beaten by a 2nd div team .Last year Northampton won at Liverpool and this year beat Cardiff . Bolton and Blackburn lost as did Fulham and Stoke it is a shock if the reserve teams win the only one who did was Wigan who hammered the unmentionables.

What is the point of our being in a league, and not getting points, if people are happy enough to say "We should have won. We were brilliant , just unlucky to lose"?

It seems to me that as long as we appear to play well, and lose, many on this site will be quite content.

I have followed City since 1960, and have learnt that pretty football, and losing are not a good recipe!

What is the point of our being in a league, and not getting points, if people are happy enough to say "We should have won. We were brilliant , just unlucky to lose"?

It seems to me that as long as we appear to play well, and lose, many on this site will be quite content.

I have followed City since 1960, and have learnt that pretty football, and losing are not a good recipe!

What is the point of getting so worked up and angry every time we lose, it is just bizarre, there really are more important things in life.

But when we won and played poor football under Nigel, did you not have a problem with that?

But when we won and played poor football under Nigel, did you not have a problem with that?

When Pearson was here last he certainly seemed more defensively minded.

But when we won I don't think we played poor football?

I remember some really good games under his previous tenure.

Archived