Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

I'm sick of excuses

Cannot agree with that at all, how was it our second team Kasper, Whitbread/St Ledger are likely to be a partner to Morgan, Konchesky, Knockaert(who played well by all accounts) only the forward line was the fringe players.

Kasper was always going to start, like he has started every other League Cup game since buying him.

Whitbread and St Ledger are coming back from injury, one will be back up and that's a fact.

Konchesky was always going to start like Kasper aswell.

Knockaert has been back up at the start of the season, but he took his chance so hopefully he will actually get played now.

Whitbread or St Ledger will be back up, Danns and James back up, Gallagher fringe, Waghorn fringe, Schlupp fringe.

Half the team were first teamers, half the team were back up or fringe players.

So that is definitely not our first team, more like half and half.

You've not read recent threads then. And this one. Do so..

Losing our current manager is the last thing I want. But if we don't start turning 'potential' into 'actual' I can sense the vultures starting to circle.

If its gonna be 'Pearson time' it needs to start now.

Then threads like this can only make things more difficult and uncomfortable for the current staff and players.

I think we are all frustrated, but we need to show a little patience, and not spout negative damaging vitriol until it's deserved.

Lets face it, if we win Saturday there will be a number on here suggesting we may win the league.

The average supporters pendulum seems to be unable to stop in the middle, it's either we are World Beaters or no hoper's.

Last night needs putting to bed, enough has been said now.

Ummm in some aspects of the post Col, it was the best rant I have ever seen, but in some parts I disagree.

Pearson gave his fringe players a chance to perform last night, and most of them didn't take it unfortunately, which means after last night they won't feature anymore.

If we played our first team, and lost then people have a right to fume, but it was basically our second team with two centre backs coming back from injury, two central midfielders who seem they will be playing second fiddle this season to King and Drinkwater, wingers who needed to show there worth, one took the chance in Knockaert who was probably MOTM, while Gallagher simply didn't take his chance. While Waghorn and Schlupp were played to simply see if they are still good enough, last night proved they are clearly not good enough for this football club at the minute.

With the transfer window closing in 2 days, Pearson played those players to see if they were good enough, now some haven't performed Pearson will probably look to get rid of the dead wood like Waghorn and Gallagher over the next coming days.

Fully agree with this...however I do get cols frustrations as I to am frustrated.

Let's just get down there saturday and get behind the lads & Nigel & drown those Blackpool fans out! come on city!

It isn't just about excuses for last night. It's about excuses being made every time we lose and by extension a refusal to see the wood for the trees. When results don't go our way there is always a queue of people ready to blame bad luck or poor refereeing. It was grating enough after the two recent league defeats, let alone last night's abject display.

And let's call a spade a spade; last night's performance, never mind the result, was disgusting. I rarely come away from a football match feeling angry because, frankly, I have other priorities in life, but last night was one of those occassions. If we lose a game because we've missed simple chances and because the opposition score every time they attack, then you can put it down to bad luck. If it becomes a habit it's because we aren't good enough.

However people wish to dress it up our start to the season hasn't been very good. If it doesn't improve then Nigel Pearson will be out of a job, and probably quite soon. I don't want that to happen. I think Pearson is a good manager and in any case the club could do without it. Unless we are in danger of relegation I want him to keep his job, for now. Get rid at the end of the season by all means, if our objectives aren't met, but we must pull ourselves out of this damaging cycle of mid-season sackings. I don't have any faith that I will get my wish.

Our upcoming fixtures are tough ones and it isn't fanciful to suppose that confidence will take a hit in fairly short order. If that happens and is reflected in our results then Pearson is a goner. Our owners are not shy about removing managers. I've seen comments suggesting that they will have learnt that sacking managers early doesn't work and as such will change their ways. Nonsense. That's supposition; there is no evidence at all to suggest it's the case. Perhaps what they have 'learnt' is that they haven't been sacking managers early enough to salvage a season. Who knows? Not me and not you. If I were asked to put money on Pearson being manager on Guy Fawkes' night I'd decline the opportunity.

It isn't just about excuses for last night. It's about excuses being made every time we lose and by extension a refusal to see the wood for the trees. When results don't go our way there is always a queue of people ready to blame bad luck or poor refereeing. It was grating enough after the two recent league defeats, let alone last night's abject display.

And let's call a spade a spade; last night's performance, never mind the result, was disgusting. I rarely come away from a football match feeling angry because, frankly, I have other priorities in life, but last night was one of those occassions. If we lose a game because we've missed simple chances and because the opposition score every time they attack, then you can put it down to bad luck. If it becomes a habit it's because we aren't good enough.

However people wish to dress it up our start to the season hasn't been very good. If it doesn't improve then Nigel Pearson will be out of a job, and probably quite soon. I don't want that to happen. I think Pearson is a good manager and in any case the club could do without it. Unless we are in danger of relegation I want him to keep his job, for now. Get rid at the end of the season by all means, if our objectives aren't met, but we must pull ourselves out of this damaging cycle of mid-season sackings. I don't have any faith that I will get my wish.

Our upcoming fixtures are tough ones and it isn't fanciful to suppose that confidence will take a hit in fairly short order. If that happens and is reflected in our results then Pearson is a goner. Our owners are not shy about removing managers. I've seen comments suggesting that they will have learnt that sacking managers early doesn't work and as such will change their ways. Nonsense. That's supposition; there is no evidence at all to suggest it's the case. Perhaps what they have 'learnt' is that they haven't been sacking managers early enough to salvage a season. Who knows? Not me and not you. If I were asked to put money on Pearson being manager on Guy Fawkes' night I'd decline the opportunity.

great post m8 this is basically what I put this morning and got slaughterd because people think we're unlucky lol! every time we lose. glad to see that some people are seeing what I am.

+1

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Its Pearsons rhetoric that gets to me, its always so bland and dour does he ever crack a joke (anything will do something about Danns twitters would be ok), the players by now know what's coming and instead of listening start thinking what they going to do that evening. He needs to take a leaf out of Holloway,s book !!

Nobody is saying last nights performance wasn't appalling, but it was a League cup match, a second string side, it happens, our first team is now rested and fit, we have learnt about the fitness and match readiness of our second string and given some of them much needed game time. If we had played our first team and won then lost on Saturday against Blackpool would you be happy? Or lost King to injury? I would probably be more angry if I had paid to watch it, but I have known for years now the club don't take the League cup seriously at this stage, so why should we?

Now lets not start getting on the player's backs about games that haven't been played yet, we have some tough games coming up, but you seem to think we will lose them and then NP will get sacked, then we will end up with Andy Thorn in charge and get relegated :frantics:

Lets just wait until Saturday see how we do against the best team in the league (because 3 games decides everything) we will be back at home, we are pretty tough to beat at home, and if we play like we did in our last league match, you know with our full strength team out, it will be a great game, 2 attacking teams going for it. Don't know who will win, but we stand a better chance of winning having rested a number of our players, and having given Knockeart a start, and learning that Whitbread and SSL are not match fit yet, probably a place on the bench for Zak, along with Futacs who showed he has something to offer.

Although if we do lose to Blackpool, I think I am running for the bunker.

Its Pearsons rhetoric that gets to me, its always so bland and dour does he ever crack a joke (anything will do something about Danns twitters would be ok), the players by now know what's coming and instead of listening start thinking what they going to do that evening. He needs to take a leaf out of Holloway,s book !!

A joke last night would have really been welcomed and got the fans into a forgiving mood.

I do think it's strange that so many people, including fans and, it would seem, our manager, are content with us nearly being a good team. Not a good team, but nearly a good team. And that's only an ambition, we aren't even nearly a good team yet. We've got the potential to nearly be a good team. Why anyone would be content with that I don't know. Did Pearson's 'delusions of grandeur' moan have its desired effect? Do we seriously no longer expect of even hope for promotion? Have we been burned so many times that we can no longer face being disappointed? Do we all, deep down, already know that this season is destined for mid table, but we're just too scared to rock the boat again? A bit like when you're bored of your girlfriend but don't want to face up to leaving her, maybe. Do we consider Pearson's mediocrity the safer and easier to deal with than the unknown?

Nobody is saying last nights performance wasn't appalling, but it was a League cup match, a second string side, it happens, our first team is now rested and fit, we have learnt about the fitness and match readiness of our second string and given some of them much needed game time. If we had played our first team and won then lost on Saturday against Blackpool would you be happy? Or lost King to injury? I would probably be more angry if I had paid to watch it, but I have known for years now the club don't take the League cup seriously at this stage, so why should we?

Now lets not start getting on the player's backs about games that haven't been played yet, we have some tough games coming up, but you seem to think we will lose them and then NP will get sacked, then we will end up with Andy Thorn in charge and get relegated :frantics:

Lets just wait until Saturday see how we do against the best team in the league (because 3 games decides everything) we will be back at home, we are pretty tough to beat at home, and if we play like we did in our last league match, you know with our full strength team out, it will be a great game, 2 attacking teams going for it. Don't know who will win, but we stand a better chance of winning having rested a number of our players, and having given Knockeart a start, and learning that Whitbread and SSL are not match fit yet, probably a place on the bench for Zak, along with Futacs who showed he has something to offer.

Although if we do lose to Blackpool, I think I am running for the bunker.

I don't care which competition last night's game was in. We should be playing every game to win and looking to go as deep as possible into any competition in which we participate. That we put out a second string is not an excuse. In Pearson's own words, that side was "plenty good enough" to win that match, and comfortably, too. As for what I would have been happy with, beyond the basics descirbed above, I wrote in the pre-match thread that I would have liked to see a full strength line up, and gave my reasons for that. Would I have been happy if somebody like Andy King came away from last night with an injury? Of course not, but you take your chances sometimes in this game.

As for the second bolded section; I didn't say any of that, did I? So either you've made things up to suit your argument, or your reading comprehension needs a bit of work.

I do think it's strange that so many people, including fans and, it would seem, our manager, are content with us nearly being a good team. Not a good team, but nearly a good team. And that's only an ambition, we aren't even nearly a good team yet. We've got the potential to nearly be a good team. Why anyone would be content with that I don't know. Did Pearson's 'delusions of grandeur' moan have its desired effect? Do we seriously no longer expect of even hope for promotion? Have we been burned so many times that we can no longer face being disappointed? Do we all, deep down, already know that this season is destined for mid table, but we're just too scared to rock the boat again? A bit like when you're bored of your girlfriend but don't want to face up to leaving her, maybe. Do we consider Pearson's mediocrity the safer and easier to deal with than the unknown?

What is the alternative, shouting and screaming, demanding changes? That never helped in the past, I honestly don't care if we don't get promoted this season, these things take time, teams are built over time, and not over night, if it takes 3 seasons to get up, then so be it, I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

Against Charlton and Blackburn I saw something in a Leicester side that I hadn't seen for a while, a young, attacking, hungry side that were rough round the edges but exciting to watch, I liked that, it got me excited to be a Leicester fan, not just now but for the next 4-5 years, a League cup game has not changed that, in the same why if we had beaten Manchester United in the League cup, I wouldn't think we were premiership class. Have a little patience and perspective and enjoy life.

We'll be a good team when we give a manager some time, we've gone through no end of managers, we've had to settle for being nearly good because we've not given a manager long enough to build his own team, to get them playing his way. The last time we were anywhere near a good team was when Pearson was in charge, one of the few managers we've had that I can remember has had two successive seasons at the club, give the bloke some time.

After losing the last two league games when we outplayed the opposition, but still lost, you kinda think something is'nt clicking, losing once could be down to bad luck, but two weeks running, don't think so. With new players in the team they need maximum experience of playing together so would'nt it have been a smart move to play the same basic team again and again outplay the 'Brewers' gain confidence and win the game. The Blackpool game is going to be very tough, followed by Wolves if we should lose both of these aswell thats 12 points down the swanee already! ouch !!

After losing the last two league games when we outplayed the opposition, but still lost, you kinda think something is'nt clicking, losing once could be down to bad luck, but two weeks running, don't think so. With new players in the team they need maximum experience of playing together so would'nt it have been a smart move to play the same basic team again and again outplay the 'Brewers' gain confidence and win the game. The Blackpool game is going to be very tough, followed by Wolves if we should lose both of these aswell thats 12 points down the swanee already! ouch !!8

So we should have played the first team, so that would have been the 5th competitive game in 15 days, making Saturday the 6th in 19 whilst the rest squad have zero game time? Would rather give some a rest and be fighting fit for the important game against current form side blackpool personally. Although as you and others have pretty much consigned us to defeat, perhaps we should play the reserves in that one, and save the first team for the next cup tie.

It's called balance and maybe we got it a bit wrong last night, but that's life.

Whats the use of having a squad if the ****ers cant step upto the mark???

Absolutely!

A think some posters have got it spot on.

This was Burton's cup final and I think they scored 6 on Saturday.

So, having played a weakened team, I think we all may have been a little more patient if it was a superb game which we lost on penno's for instance.

We wouldn't have been happy we lost, of course not, but could have accepted that it was a good run out for the 'ressies' and fair play to Burton for giving us a good game.

We may have reluctantly accepted it.

But the game weren't like that. Instead we leaked another four goals and seemed to be passionless.

THAT'S what I don't find acceptable. The manner of the loss sounded disgraceful, second team or not ( and it weren't really a full second team even).

We needed a win yday after the last couple of losses(albeit the performances were allegdly good,its all about the results)

Even a narrow win would have given abit of optimism and confidence to the so called fringe players)

No matter how people brush this under the carpet and pretend it is ok...believe me...it aint!

Absolutely!

A think some posters have got it spot on.

This was Burton's cup final and I think they scored 6 on Saturday.

So, having played a weakened team, I think we all may have been a little more patient if it was a superb game which we lost on penno's for instance.

We wouldn't have been happy we lost, of course not, but could have accepted that it was a good run out for the 'ressies' and fair play to Burton for giving us a good game.

We may have reluctantly accepted it.

But the game weren't like that. Instead we leaked another four goals and seemed to be passionless.

THAT'S what I don't find acceptable. The manner of the loss sounded disgraceful, second team or not ( and it weren't really a full second team even).

F##k ME

lol all these threads you have started and contributed today and the key word in all that was 'SOUNDED'

lol

F##k ME

lol all these threads you have started and contributed today and the key word in all that was 'SOUNDED'

lol

I didn't need to be there to know what a fookin shambles it was. Just read the threads, listen to the post match interviews and read the players apologies on Twitter.

Gives us all a pretty good clue.

:thumbup:

Were you there?

Archived