Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

I'm sick of excuses

Im probably going to get slated for this but I'm merely posting what I'm thinking.

Last season was possibly the biggest let down I've ever had as a City fan of over 35 years.

The money, the expectation, the signings etc. I hold my hands up and thought that the likes of Mills, Danns and the others were going to bring good times to the club.

Sven left and Pearson came in. Again, wrongly, I thought he was going to turn things round pretty quickly, feeling that he had the players at his disposal, he simply needed to 'man manage' them and we would go places.

Again I was let down.

This season, although I thought we possibly hadn't signed enough 'quality', I thought Pearson would motivate and coach his new young squad into a team capable of challenging. Perhaps not making it this season, but not being far off.

Then, last night... Yes we were playing some of our second team. And yes some we're returning back from fitness. But I don't think anyone thought that putting out a side containing James, Danns, DeLaet, Konch, Kasper (to name but 5) could churn out the rubbish that we churned out last night.

And to top it all, Nigel appeared quite angry on the radio, suggesting that some of his players weren't up for the challenge. Well Nigel, you're the manager mate. If your players weren't up for the challenge, then could you please answer why?

Finally, we get the likes of Danns coming on twitter to post his apologies for the performance.

Well Danns... Shove your apology up your arse. I'm sick of hearing the players coming out with apologies. You've been at the club now for long enough, being paid handsomely, to not allow yourself become overrun by a League 2 side.

Same with James, same with all of them.

I'm fed up of ifs and buts, hearing about bad referees and decisions that went against us, wonder goals, fitness levels, how good we are going to be.

I think it's time to stand up and be counted. Starting with Blackpool on Saturday. No more excuses, no more 'when'... No more 'we are playing well and should have won'. Football is a results business. Let's get some good results and put any thoughts of having to change our manager and start again, to bed.

Im probably going to get slated for this but I'm merely posting what I'm thinking.

Last season was possibly the biggest let down I've ever had as a City fan of over 35 years.

The money, the expectation, the signings etc. I hold my hands up and thought that the likes of Mills, Danns and the others were going to bring good times to the club.

Sven left and Pearson came in. Again, wrongly, I thought he was going to turn things round pretty quickly, feeling that he had the players at his disposal, he simply needed to 'man manage' them and we would go places.

Again I was let down.

This season, although I thought we possibly hadn't signed enough 'quality', I thought Pearson would motivate and coach his new young squad into a team capable of challenging. Perhaps not making it this season, but not being far off.

Then, last night... Yes we were playing some of our second team. And yes some we're returning back from fitness. But I don't think anyone thought that putting out a side containing James, Danns, DeLaet, Konch, Kasper (to name but 5) could churn out the rubbish that we churned out last night.

And to top it all, Nigel appeared quite angry on the radio, suggesting that some of his players weren't up for the challenge. Well Nigel, you're the manager mate. If your players weren't up for the challenge, then could you please answer why?

Finally, we get the likes of Danns coming on twitter to post his apologies for the performance.

Well Danns... Shove your apology up your arse. I'm sick of hearing the players coming out with apologies. You've been at the club now for long enough, being paid handsomely, to not allow yourself become overrun by a League 2 side.

Same with James, same with all of them.

I'm fed up of ifs and buts, hearing about bad referees and decisions that went against us, wonder goals, fitness levels, how good we are going to be.

I think it's time to stand up and be counted. Starting with Blackpool on Saturday. No more excuses, no more 'when'... No more 'we are playing well and should have won'. Football is a results business. Let's get some good results and put any thoughts of having to change our manager and start again, to bed.

Agreed.

But had noone told you that by noticing these things and not making excuses for them you're not a "supporter"!

Col, you couldn't even be arsed to listen to the second half, nobody cares about the league cup at this stage, and you seem to be criticising Pearson for saying what you've been saying for ages some of our squad aren't up to it.

Last night didn't bother me at all. For years teams as big as Man Utd have taken beatings in the League Cup due to playing mixed up experimental teams. Results are often hit and miss and I'm suprised we haven't had a loss like this till now. What happens Saturday is all I am interested in

You say that like you've given up already.

OK.

Firstly I actually paid to watch the game (Which is a lot more than a lot of people moaning on this forum did) and yes I can tell you it was a bad night's work.

HOWEVER it's still August and whilst we all share a feeling of disappointment to the start of the season spitting our dummies out and blaming anyone and everyone associated with the club will get us all no where but going even further backwards.

Do we really need another U turn at the club?

Another new philosophy?

Well at the end of the day none of us will ultimately make the decision.

But I'm certain that Pearson knows what is expected of him by the owners, and he'll also be aware if this losing run continues much longer him and shakey will be on the golf course full time.

If you go on Saturday I think you might just find a few things may have changed.

If not you'll probably get your wish.

How long have you supported city ? A long time .....

you know better ? Last night was awful . They scored all there chances and had a bit of luck.

We are due more than a bit of look, the third goal was a joke ( pen)

It changed the game , if we was the only side to go out of the cup last night i would know where you are coming from but we wasn't 11 teams from our league two from the prem .....

Set back yes ( as all our fringe players are not FIT ). End of the world ? far from it .....

Would take promotion over a day at wembely any day ....

( i went last night)

You say that like you've given up already.

I've not given up Mark....

But I'm completely fed up of what could be ( not only under Pearson, as I alluded to, under Sven also). If we are as good as people are suggesting (and many are... Let's get that right) its time we started showing it.

Not in a months time, now...

Lose the next two and I suggest the pressure on Pearson will be immense. And I don't want another manager at the club.

OK.

Firstly I actually paid to watch the game (Which is a lot more than a lot of people moaning on this forum did) and yes I can tell you it was a bad night's work.

HOWEVER it's still August and whilst we all share a feeling of disappointment to the start of the season spitting our dummies out and blaming anyone and everyone associated with the club will get us all no where but going even further backwards.

Another new philosophy?

But I'm certain that Pearson knows what is expected of him by the owners, and he'll also be aware if this losing run continues much longer him and shakey will be on the golf course full time.

If you go on Saturday I think you might just find a few things may have changed.

:kissing:

I really hope there are some changes on Saturday, like playing our best players.

OK.

Another new philosophy?

What wish Mack?

Ummm in some aspects of the post Col, it was the best rant I have ever seen, but in some parts I disagree.

Pearson gave his fringe players a chance to perform last night, and most of them didn't take it unfortunately, which means after last night they won't feature anymore.

If we played our first team, and lost then people have a right to fume, but it was basically our second team with two centre backs coming back from injury, two central midfielders who seem they will be playing second fiddle this season to King and Drinkwater, wingers who needed to show there worth, one took the chance in Knockaert who was probably MOTM, while Gallagher simply didn't take his chance. While Waghorn and Schlupp were played to simply see if they are still good enough, last night proved they are clearly not good enough for this football club at the minute.

With the transfer window closing in 2 days, Pearson played those players to see if they were good enough, now some haven't performed Pearson will probably look to get rid of the dead wood like Waghorn and Gallagher over the next coming days.

I can't help but think you wouldn't be moaning had we enjoyed better luck in our previous two league games. Of course there would still be disappointment about the Burton result but no-one would care that much because we were doing fine in the league.

As much as 'bad luck' is an excuse it is partly the cause of people's disappointment atm, if we had three more points then I doubt there would be as much outrage as there is right now.

Ummm in some aspects of the post Col, it was the best rant I have ever seen, but in some parts I disagree.

Pearson gave his fringe players a chance to perform last night, and most of them didn't take it unfortunately, which means after last night they won't feature anymore.

If we played our first team, and lost then people have a right to fume, but it was basically our second team with two centre backs coming back from injury, two central midfielders who seem they will be playing second fiddle this season to King and Drinkwater, wingers who needed to show there worth, one took the chance in Knockaert who was probably MOTM, while Gallagher simply didn't take his chance. While Waghorn and Schlupp were played to simply see if they are still good enough, last night proved they are clearly not good enough for this football club at the minute.

With the transfer window closing in 2 days, Pearson played those players to see if they were good enough, now some haven't performed Pearson will probably look to get rid of the dead wood like Waghorn and Gallagher over the next coming days.

Cannot agree with that at all, how was it our second team Kasper, Whitbread/St Ledger are likely to be a partner to Morgan, Konchesky, Knockaert(who played well by all accounts) only the forward line was the fringe players.

Col, I sometimes don't exactly understand who your rants are aimed at. This is like a team talk delivered to the stands instead of the players.

It's an expression of how I'm feeling...

Try it sometimes, you might find it therapeutic.

I yearn for the good times to return at the club and feeling hugely frustrated today. Both at last nights debacle and by waitin for us to 'kick start our season'. Finally, by so many who feel so content with 'potential' to come good. I heard it so often under Sven.. It's like feeling a sense of deja vu on my iPhone.

You obviously want a change at the helm.

You've not read recent threads then. And this one. Do so..

Losing our current manager is the last thing I want. But if we don't start turning 'potential' into 'actual' I can sense the vultures starting to circle.

If its gonna be 'Pearson time' it needs to start now.

Archived