Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DorsetFox9

Leicester Matches Taken To The USA

Take Matches Abroad?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. would you be happy if the club decided to take a match against a low interest opposition such as Barnsley abroad

• Yes
    • No

how about piss off? didnt they do something like this with the rugby? what a massive succes that was!

The difference with rugby was that American Football is already so big, and Rugby was too similar of a game to reach the same level. With football, it has grown tremendously over the last few years in America and it's slowly becoming a major sport. For example, when I first moved to Texas they had one soccer channel and it was very hard to watch any games. You saw a few on PPV and some on the Fox Soccer Channel, but for the most part you were watching the MLS or premier league games. Now there are a whole host of leagues on the major networks, and some big games are now on the main Fox channel at good times, which is one of the biggest channels in America. Moving some games over here would continue to build the sport on these shores; however, it would need to be Premier League I think to make a decent impact.

The difference with rugby was that American Football is already so big, and Rugby was too similar of a game to reach the same level. With football, it has grown tremendously over the last few years in America and it's slowly becoming a major sport. For example, when I first moved to Texas they had one soccer channel and it was very hard to watch any games. You saw a few on PPV and some on the Fox Soccer Channel, but for the most part you were watching the MLS or premier league games. Now there are a whole host of leagues on the major networks, and some big games are now on the main Fox channel at good times, which is one of the biggest channels in America. Moving some games over here would continue to build the sport on these shores; however, it would need to be Premier League I think to make a decent impact.

What justification is there for English fans having to pay the price to build the game in the USA? How do they benefit from this growth?

What justification is there for English fans having to pay the price to build the game in the USA? How do they benefit from this growth?

The club benefits with additional sales from foreign buyers, as well as additional revenue from tv money coming from around the globe. Leicester have been on 2 times this season in the USA and are on again against Wolves which will mean more money for the club. Just look at the amount of Man United's money that comes from abroad, it's huge and other teams are making huge sums from outside their home country as well.

Why would English fans have to pay to build the game up in the USA? I'm not understanding what you mean.

The club benefits with additional sales from foreign buyers, as well as additional revenue from tv money coming from around the globe. Leicester have been on 2 times this season in the USA and are on again against Wolves which will mean more money for the club. Just look at the amount of Man United's money that comes from abroad, it's huge and other teams are making huge sums from outside their home country as well.

Why would English fans have to pay to build the game up in the USA? I'm not understanding what you mean.

Showing games on US tv is not the same as playing actually league games there and what happens when the US has it's own viable and well supported leagues of their own and no one wants to watch these games anymore and that funding dries up.

Do LCFC actually get more money when it's being shown in the US rather than just in the UK, not directly I don't believe that's just more money in the Sky coffers with very little if any coming back to the club. The season before last it was well publicised that clubs actually lose money when they are on TV I doubt that has changed significantly.

Why would English fans have to pay to build the game up in the USA? I'm not understanding what you mean - pay as in losing the right to attend games because they are being played abroad to promote football in that country, i just don't see the benefit for fans.

Archived