Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DorsetFox9

Leicester Matches Taken To The USA

Take Matches Abroad?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. would you be happy if the club decided to take a match against a low interest opposition such as Barnsley abroad

• Yes
    • No

We are a fair few years from having to worry about this, la galaxy average about 25k per game and Chelsea Milan pre season over there managed about 58k according to the net, so im sure games like leicester barnsley have zero interest to your average joe. So voted no as pointless. You would get much more local interest.

Could you give me just one reason why you think 60000 Americans would want to watch Leicester v Barnsly? For the idea of taking games around the world to work it would have to be big games that would earn the clubs involved a sizable fee. And no fan would want to miss out on a big game because it's been taken to the other side of the world.

How about if the Americans or Asians want to see Leicester play, they come to Leicester.

After all, I didn't bring America to me when I went, I had to go to it.

Exactly this. If they want to "support" a team thousands of miles away then they should accept that it's a thousand miles away.

If I supported an American side (not that I'd ever see the point) I wouldn't expect them over here.

Btw I think people are taking the question to literally, he's asking if you're against the idea not if you think americans would turn up to watch a shite second tier game (they obviously wouldn't).

fair point. They tend to have the exhibition stuff for preseason and i think that is where this stuff is best suited, extend your fan base that way. Mid season could be very disruptive and every home game counts so no a fan of it.

fair point. They tend to have the exhibition stuff for preseason and i think that is where this stuff is best suited, extend your fan base that way. Mid season could be very disruptive and every home game counts so no a fan of it.

Yeah to be fair that's probably the better way to do it all things considered.

Not a league match it is just nonsense to even consider.

Let them have the community shield that is as far as I would go or get an Anglo Italian type cup competition going with the final a 2 legged affair at the end of the season but don't fvck with the league it's too important.

right, I am having a discussion with a friend about the possibility of teams taking matches abroad to places such as the USA and Asia. If the owners were to say that they are taking Leicester's home match against Barnsley to a 60,000 seater stadium in the US where it would sell out how would everyone feel?

60000 hahahahhahaha. Funniest thing I have heard all day.

Leicester v Barnsley wouldn't even sell out Crew Stadium. It would be me and my mates if that.

Archived