Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
87fox

Pressman

mark read this..

Micky Adams said, "We have been looking around for an experienced goalkeeper to cover Ian Walker.

"Kevin has played at the highest level and we are pleased to have him on board.

"Whilst he is at the latter stages of his career we have a couple of young keepers coming through who will benefit from his experience."

exactly what i thought, experianced keepers are better than inexperianced keepers like logan and also logan will beifit from pressman because he can teach him stuff now flowers has gone id rather have pressman than not have him at least he can help the younger keepers at the club B)

Inexperienced keepers wont ever be experienced when you are left out of the 16 man squad when we only have 1 first team keeper available - sure that would of been an experience last season?

Having Pressman on the bench next season every game is a big kick in the teeth for him. But lets praise Micky for it another well thought out transfer deal.

I used to be and i have never said up to now he should go but his transfers piss me off. Youth progress doesnt exist at this club. It doesnt bother some people but it does them who have followed it for more than 3 years now.

exactly what i thought, experianced keepers are better than inexperianced keepers like logan and also logan will beifit from pressman because he can teach him stuff now flowers has gone id rather have pressman than not have him at least he can help the younger keepers at the club B)

use more commers and full stops :P :lol: ;)

and I do agree that he'll teach the younguns a lot....does he have any coaching qualifications though?

I also hope that Walker stays fit! :blink:

we not had many players come through in last 3 years have we .. jordan stewart is ok , heath is probably a div 2 player at best , tommy wright would be ok in lower leagues perhaps ,any more ?

jordan stewart is ok , heath is probably a div 2 player at best , tommy wright would be ok in lower leagues perhaps ,any more ?

Cant believe the amount of people judging Tommy Wright on one season. He's started 2 games for us. He's played well in pre season despite behind put behind Trevor Benjamin in the starting line up, another punishment by Adams, he has a fantastic way of putting the young ones down.

In all fairness to him mate, he is obviously under pressure from the board to get the club straight into the premiership and with last to keep them up.

Its obvious to me that we are still in a serious amount of debt and he has been told the premiership in no1 priority. Its no good all these people saying it will do us good to stay in div 1 for a couple of seasons, it won't, we need money, which means we need the premiership. I'm sorry Petrescu you ain't gonna get there with a bunch of youth players, you need the experience.

This pre season has been better its not just older players coming in, we have hopefully Mawene, Connolly, Canero, Morris, Williams and the likes of O'Grady and Stearman coming through, i think we are in a much better position than we were 2 years back

O'Grady is shit By the way, from what IO have seen of him. If I were Adams I would get rid so I can concentrate on the development of players with a brighter future. I.e Tommy Wright, James Graham and hopefully Tomi Petrescu.

I'm sorry Petrescu you ain't gonna get there with a bunch of youth players, you need the experience.

No shit, tell me something i've never said a 1000 times before?

It doesnt mean you go out to get any no hoper available as long as its got experience.

It seems ot me that people seme to thiunk that the use of one or two youth payers along side the experienced players would be more desierable.

I don't mind signing experienced players aslong as they were good when they were younger and are in reasonable condition. i.e Ferdinand, Freund, Dublin

But signing people who have been well not alot and have not been at that kmediocre level for a good few years is just stupid. i.e Wilcox, Guppy, Pressman, Hignett

But signing people who have been well not alot and have not been at that kmediocre level for a good few years is just stupid. i.e Wilcox, Guppy, Pressman, Hignett

Spot on, cant understand why people dont see this.

FFS he's a reserve keeper, does it really bother you that much?

Yes. It stops youth progress. Pressman has had his time.

Conrad Logan is a midget though, I doubt he will ever progress. Murphy is shit by most accounts.

We should have signed one of the 6 Chelsea keepers who would have been delighted to be second choice rather than 4th or 5th.

FFS he's a reserve keeper, does it really bother you that much?

Yes. It stops youth progress. Pressman has had his time.

Conrad Logan is a midget though, I doubt he will ever progress.

He's 6'2" <_<

Archived