Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
87fox

Pressman

FFS he's a reserve keeper, does it really bother you that much?

Yes. It stops youth progress. Pressman has had his time.

Conrad Logan is a midget though, I doubt he will ever progress.

He's 6'2" <_<

I may have got my Statistics wrong, but I have been told that he does not fill his goal.

To be honest it is that bad, he has experience and hopefully will coach younger goalkeepers and help them turn into better players which we all want

here here

exactly what i thought, experianced keepers are better than inexperianced keepers like logan and also logan will beifit from pressman because he can teach him stuff now flowers has gone id rather have pressman than not have him at least he can help the younger keepers at the club B)

use more commers and full stops :P :lol: ;)

and I do agree that he'll teach the younguns a lot....does he have any coaching qualifications though?

I also hope that Walker stays fit! :blink:

i cant be arsed to do commas and full stops or capitals much mate ;)

Just to add my thoughts;

Have spoken to a Sheff Weds season Ticket Holder who thinks that Mickey has his head screwed on right. Even at his age, Pressman is still a great shot stopper and cross taker. (His words not mine).

I just think that when things go wrong, experience is no bad thing. Walker came through a very very sticky patch last year. Logan probably would not have done the same. Goal keeping is a lot to do with confidence.

Bringing in an experienced Keeper like Sullivan would probably have cost us a fortune more in wages so I'll go with Pressman until such time as it's proven wrong.

As for his weight, seem to remember a few years back that a rotund Neville Southall did the business for Everton in his twilight years, so it's not impossible.

Wednesday went through a patch of playing their kids and look where it got them. Long term, the likes of Wright, Logan et al may be the future but the long term is made up of of numerous short terms and we must be mindful of this.

It does grate with me a bit when people moan relentlessly but we all have the right to our viewpoint. At the end of the day as long as we get behind the team 110% when they are on the pitch that's all that matters. I just wonder whether some of us want us to do badly just to be able to say told you so.

LMFAO! logan a midget :lol: :lol:

hes massive! taller than me, to be honest i dont know why leicester dont sign me, im a keeper im 16 im good when on form id be willing to train with them for nothing! i mean hes only got logan as the only young keeper im available give me a ring micky B)

Lard Boy will do a grand job.............................of finishing off the remaining Balti Pies after half time.

Thats harsh mate!

Whenever i'm served theres no balti pies left...infact theres no pies left at all!

(No joke)

As a Sheff Weds fan I have to agree that our policy of playing inexperienced kids last season nearly took us to the lofty heights of Div 3. From what I have gathered there were 4 reasons why King Kev isn't at Hillsboro any more;

1. Out of contract, SWFC cannot afford wages of £6-7000 anymore (POSSIBLY MORE)

2. He refused to train at times, thus infuriating CT (Chris Turnip) and deteriorated the relationship between Player/ Manager

3. Signed good keeper in David Lucas, solid around box, can catch (unlike Tidman) and is going into his prime (26)

4. Rumours have it Kev told young players to do adverse thing to the managements wishes and also tried to talk down management when he failed to realise he was ONLY a player.

He on form is a MATCH WINNER but his attitude towards management and young players isnt that good.

Id say give him a chance in the net but keep him AWAY from the kids.

LMFAO! logan a midget :lol:  :lol:

hes massive! taller than me, to be honest i dont know why leicester dont sign me, im a keeper im 16 im good when on form id be willing to train with them for nothing! i mean hes only got logan as the only young keeper im available give me a ring micky B)

woohoo! more commers!

keep it up laddeh! :lol: :D

He on form is a MATCH WINNER but his attitude towards management and young players isnt that good.

Seriously, i think this is why Micky brought him in. Micky has no time for our youngsters and with this knobhead around he's going to put them down even more. Does he not research anything? :?:

As a Sheff Weds fan I have to agree that our policy of playing inexperienced kids last season nearly took us to the lofty heights of Div 3. From what I have gathered there were 4 reasons why King Kev isn't at Hillsboro any more;

1. Out of contract, SWFC cannot afford wages of £6-7000 anymore (POSSIBLY MORE)

2. He refused to train at times, thus infuriating CT (Chris Turnip) and deteriorated the relationship between Player/ Manager

3. Signed good keeper in David Lucas, solid around box, can catch (unlike Tidman) and is going into his prime (26)

4. Rumours have it Kev told young players to do adverse thing to the managements wishes and also tried to talk down management when he failed to realise he was ONLY a player.

That doesn't sound promising. :!: :ph34r:

I'm sure he wasn't on £6-7k a week though? Unless it was a contract that he signed a few years ago...... :?:

Guest Guest

Yes he was on that wage possibly nore, he signed new contract 3 years prior...whenPeter Shreeves was in charge...we let des walker go instead....oh dear

I cannot believe your slagging Kevin off already.

He has been and still is an excellent keeper. Was great for SWFC last season, kept us up and thank god he came back from loan at WBA to save us from relegation.

Wait until he plays in the league until you make your mind up about him boys, hes decent.

I cannot believe your slagging Kevin off already.

He has been and still is an excellent keeper.  Was great for SWFC last season, kept us up and thank god he came back from loan at WBA to save us from relegation.

Wait until he plays in the league until you make your mind up about him boys, hes decent.

How many games did he play last season?

Cant believe you've signed him...

H ewas OK for us last season, but we have a new keeper who's better than big Kev.

I suppose he'll be a decent coach and he'll only be used for backup!

Funnily enough, we've just signed him purely as a player. :ph34r:

Cant believe you've signed him...

H ewas OK for us last season, but we have a new keeper who's better than big Kev.

I suppose he'll be a decent coach and he'll only be used for backup!

he's not a coach though! he's only beensigned as a player.

we've just signed a different goalie coach.... :huh::unsure::blink:

Archived