Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

1st Test

Four days to go, and I'm really excited!

Probable England team:

Trescothick, Strauss, Bell, Vaughan©, Pieterson, Flintoff, Jones.G(wk), Giles, Jones.S, Harmison, Hoggard

Probable Aus team:

Hayden, Langer, Ponting©, Martyn, Clarke, Katich, Gilchrist(wk), Warne, Lee, McGrath, Gillespie (or Kasprowicz)

On paper, Aus have too much for us, but if Eng play to 100% capacity, it will be mighty close.

ITs going to be tough. I would say the Aussies are too strong in test matches still. But saying that, if England can get off to a winning start and not get too carried away there is no reason why they cant win.

But whoever wins, its going to be a cracking series with some top quality cricket!

I dont think you can take anything from that game. The leicestershire bowlers havent been great recently and so thats why Aussies got a high score. And i dont think that thei bowlers were givin it their all as they are probably saving themselves for Thursday!

Is Rogers new for leicestershire?

139733[/snapback]

I wondered that. Never seen his name before so i guess so. I know that he is Sydney born. I tried looking on their website but they dont have a player profile for him.

Flintoff to be the batting failure of the summer, closely followed by the new hope Pieterson :yesyes:

McGrath and Lee will own Trescothick all summer long :thumbup:

Hayden, Ponting, Martyn and Gilchrist will make hay off England's bowlers except perhaps, Harmison. :yesyes:

Mind you I have tickets for the First Test so I hope England don't cock it up.

Is Rogers new for leicestershire?

139733[/snapback]

someone i know said they dragged him in for one game but i didnt know you could do that :S

139794[/snapback]

well maybe they should look at keeping him on for the rest of the season! he scored 35 today for leicestershire in the 2020 cup.

Archived