Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

1st Test

92-7 booooooooooo , come on pieterson , he got to stay in till the end now , i think we will struggle to get 150 now . mcgrath opening spell was just about the best bowling ive ever seen

92-7 booooooooooo , come on pieterson , he got to stay in till the end now , i think we will struggle to get 150 now . mcgrath opening spell was just about the best bowling ive ever seen

141933[/snapback]

I doubt we will even get anywhere near that. McGrath will be back tomorrow morning and i cant see them getting many more runs on the board. The job is going to get harder because if the Aussies bat for the rest of the day, the pitch for the last 3 days will become tougher. But never give up! Anything can happen! Its just a shame that England couldnt get themselves into a good postition after doing a great job bowling them out!

Hey remember in all this THERES ONLY ONE LEICESTER CITY lol

John_LCFC and Cobbo you have it wrong

Wellman and in particular BartonFox you have it right. Only thing is BartonFox Hayden is the Aussies weakest point and I think he will fail as will young Marcus Tres :(

I live in Aussie now B) and will be over for a five LCFC games :):):) and one of the days of the third (I think it is) test :):):) .

get to shout the MIGHTY FOXES :D on at Luton H, (not going Hull), Sheff Wed H, not sure about Cardiff, will go to Wolverhampton A, QPR H, Brighton H (7.45pm kick-off) and finish off with an away trip to crush the sheep sh@**ers at Derby ;) . CAN NOT WAIT.

Aussies will win the Ashes (unfortunately as I really do want to give the Aussies sh 1 t about sport but have not been able to for the past decade) in a white wash............sorry but thats as I see it and I hope I am wrong.

More importantly GO THE FOXES

See you at the Walkers soon! and I may even go and watch Tomassi have a kick

Hey remember in all this THERES ONLY ONE LEICESTER CITY lol

John_LCFC and Cobbo you have it wrong

Wellman and in particular BartonFox you have it right. Only thing is BartonFox Hayden is the Aussies weakest point and I think he will fail as will young Marcus Tres  :(

I live in Aussie now  B)  and will be over for a five LCFC games  :)  :)  :)  and one of the days of the third (I think it is) test  :)  :)  :) .

get to shout the MIGHTY FOXES  :D on at  Luton H, (not going Hull), Sheff Wed H, not sure about Cardiff, will go to Wolverhampton A, QPR H, Brighton H (7.45pm kick-off) and finish off with an away trip to crush the sheep sh@**ers at Derby  ;) . CAN NOT WAIT.

Aussies will win the Ashes (unfortunately as I really do want to give the Aussies sh 1 t about sport but have not been able to for the past decade) in a white wash............sorry but thats as I see it and I hope I am wrong.

More importantly GO THE FOXES

See you at the Walkers soon! and I may even go and watch Tomassi have a kick

142156[/snapback]

I'm a sarky bastard y'know ;)

it's not looking good is it :(

142616[/snapback]

Depends. They've got to knock over the last three very quickly this morning as they're already 314 behind. I can't see them getting more than 350 to win.

For me, yesterday proved that the bowlers hold the key to this series. England let them off the hook after lunch. Of course, dropping Clarke early on didn't help.

I think both teams are fairly evenly matched from 1-7. Where Aus hold the advantage is having a match-winning spinner, and will probably be able to take 20 wickets quicker than Eng.

it's not looking good is it :(

142616[/snapback]

Depends. They've got to knock over the last three very quickly this morning as they're already 314 behind. I can't see them getting more than 350 to win.

For me, yesterday proved that the bowlers hold the key to this series. England let them off the hook after lunch. Of course, dropping Clarke early on didn't help.

I think both teams are fairly evenly matched from 1-7. Where Aus hold the advantage is having a match-winning spinner, and will probably be able to take 20 wickets quicker than Eng.

142680[/snapback]

its uncatchable imo now

We're going to need rain of biblical proportions over the next 48 hours.

Positives to take from this test:

1 - Harmison is looking dangerous. He clearly rattled a few of their top order. Jones bowled ok too, with no luck.

2 - Pieterson's batting has stood up well so far.

Negatives:

1 - Their 4 bowlers look much stronger than our 5, as a unit.

2 - Someone tell Flintoff the series has started.

3 - We will never beat Aus if we don't hold vital catches.

4 - Bearing point 3 in mind, bring in Chris Read for Geraint Jones immediately. Jones is no international keeper, and his batting isn't that much better than Read (or Prior).

5 - We've just tossed them a huge psychological advantage. Aus never give these advantages up.

We're going to need rain of biblical proportions over the next 48 hours.

Positives to take from this test:

1 - Harmison is looking dangerous.  He clearly rattled a few of their top order. Jones bowled ok too, with no luck.

2 - Pieterson's batting has stood up well so far.

Negatives:

1 - Their 4 bowlers look much stronger than our 5, as a unit.

2 - Someone tell Flintoff the series has started.

3 - We will never beat Aus if we don't hold vital catches.

4 - Bearing point 3 in mind, bring in Chris Read for Geraint Jones immediately.  Jones is no international keeper, and his batting isn't that much better than Read (or Prior).

5 - We've just tossed them a huge psychological advantage.  Aus never give these advantages up.

142998[/snapback]

good call about g jones . read is a far better keeper and isnt far behind in terms of batting , a good keeper is vital

Read plays for Nottinghamshire :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

i think G.Jones is our number one wicketkeeper/BATSMAN. he has/is currently playing well when he gets to the crease and i cant see Read performing well with the bat. i know catches are vital but he just had a bad day yesterday i think.

well thats 1-0 to the aussies then , we have got to bat far better in the remaining tests . step forward mr vaughan , u owe us some runs !!!

Read plays for Nottinghamshire  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

i think G.Jones is our number one wicketkeeper/BATSMAN. he has/is currently playing well when he gets to the crease and i cant see Read performing well with the bat. i know catches are vital but he just had a bad day yesterday i think.

143016[/snapback]

I agree that Jones is the better batsman. He averages 15 runs per innings more than Reid in tests, which is quite significant. However, I bet his dropped catches in that time (of which there have been many) have been worth more than 15 runs per innings to the opposition.

Having said all that, if Pietersen had caught Clarke early in his innings, it could have been a totally different result. That was the most costly of the dropped catches.

If, if, if...

Archived