Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Brighton post-match thread

It's very simple - teams have worked out how we play and dealt with us accordingly , Gus has gone on record and stated we only have one style of play and whilst we applauded it at the start we also have to question it when it starts going wrong. The pass and move looks beautiful when it works but last night looked like a drunken mess.

The second thing I've noticed (more this season then last) is that when we concede our heads drop and we start playing stupid shots - last time we won a game after going a goal behind was 57 games ago (Opening game of the AMEX vs Doncaster) and so many games we've just switched off completely.

We know how that feels, that was us of the last two seasons. If we scored first we were very good, more at home than away, but if we conceded first, that was it. It's so frustrating and I'm very pleased that so far this season we seem to be over it.

Do you want Gus out then? He did seem to have lost the plot in his interview last night. Who would you like to replace him? (if so)

Brighton would be stupid to sack Gus, they arnt some MASSIVE club at this level and their squad isn't that amazing. I thought they played quite well at times, they just lack abit up front. What are Brightons aims long term and what is their funding level relative to everyone else?

We know how that feels, that was us of the last two seasons. If we scored first we were very good, more at home than away, but if we conceded first, that was it. It's so frustrating and I'm very pleased that so far this season we seem to be over it.

Do you want Gus out then? He did seem to have lost the plot in his interview last night. Who would you like to replace him? (if so)

Yeah I'm just guessing it will pass eventually but we need to go back to basics on the training pitch , also a big lad up front wouldn't go amiss either.

and personally I would keep Gus, the setup he's created is fantastic BUT he has to work on switching tactics at will - and yeah the interview didn't help matters , if he's "bored" imagine how we feel.

Anyways , best of luck on Saturday.

Yeah I'm just guessing it will pass eventually but we need to go back to basics on the training pitch , also a big lad up front wouldn't go amiss either.

and personally I would keep Gus, the setup he's created is fantastic BUT he has to work on switching tactics at will - and yeah the interview didn't help matters , if he's "bored" imagine how we feel.

Anyways , best of luck on Saturday.

I asked this earlier, but why do Brighton fans hate Palace so much? Are they your biggest rival? Why them?

Brighton would be stupid to sack Gus, they arnt some MASSIVE club at this level and their squad isn't that amazing. I thought they played quite well at times, they just lack abit up front. What are Brightons aims long term and what is their funding level relative to everyone else?

Agreed , we've just come a long way quite quickly - wasn't that long ago we were div 3 playing in Gillingham - to be where we are is fantastic and most Albion fans know this.

long term aim is Premiership but when we're ready , from then on in is anyones guess - whilst we have spent on players last season we are still one of the smallest in terms of wages I believe , the next few big plans are adding to the capacity ( filling in the corners as we speak , should be close to completion when you lot come down) and working on the new training ground ( about to start work as we got the yes a few weeks back) so I'm guessing sensible progression is in order and looking towards a stronger influx from the youth academy in the future.

I asked this earlier, but why do Brighton fans hate Palace so much? Are they your biggest rival? Why them?

Yep biggest rivals.

it's a difficult one to explain closest club to us ( well until Crawley became a league club ) and a very heated cup match in the '70s has lead to a strong rivalry.

the games are really heated and the banters as you would expect between rivals , but fair's fair they've done loads for the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund

they've made a short vid to explain the rivalry but it's very P*l*ce biased

Yep biggest rivals.

it's a difficult one to explain closest club to us ( well until Crawley became a league club ) and a very heated cup match in the '70s has lead to a strong rivalry.

the games are really heated and the banters as you would expect between rivals , but fair's fair they've done loads for the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund

they've made a short vid to explain the rivalry but it's very P*l*ce biased

lol That 2nd video is funny. Especially the Charlton line at the end.

Well I hope we can batter Palace at the weekend and make us both happy. :thumbup:

Evening Leicester People,

I come in peace from 4 Minutes Added Time,we are an Independent Brighton And Hove Albion blog where i though it would be nice to come on here and share our report from last nights game. Infact i think Braders (The report writer) may even be hiding on your forums somewhere, i believe he contributes every now and again!!

If you would like to take a look at a report of the game from an away fans perspective you can find it here: http://www.4minutesa...om/blog/?p=2284, Would be great as always to hear your opinions.

Best of luck for the rest of the season

Alex

Agreed , we've just come a long way quite quickly - wasn't that long ago we were div 3 playing in Gillingham - to be where we are is fantastic and most Albion fans know this.

long term aim is Premiership but when we're ready , from then on in is anyones guess - whilst we have spent on players last season we are still one of the smallest in terms of wages I believe , the next few big plans are adding to the capacity ( filling in the corners as we speak , should be close to completion when you lot come down) and working on the new training ground ( about to start work as we got the yes a few weeks back) so I'm guessing sensible progression is in order and looking towards a stronger influx from the youth academy in the future.

All you guys are so lovely. Could teach the some of the other away fans some manners :P

The general concensus amongst us Brighton folk is that we just can't perform lately, let alone score or win.

It's difficult to add to what the others have said, but I'm not too upset with the result (I predicted 4-0 to you guys!) but I'm more concerned with how we're playing lately. We've been needing some luck lately, perhaps the penalty was it, but we simply don't take our chances.

In the last 12 months (45 league games), we have got 7 points from losing positions, 7 draws, no wins. That's the most worrying thing.

I hope we're up there with you in 6 months time, enjoy the rest of the season! Although I hope you have a horrible day on April 6th ;)

All you guys are so lovely. Could teach the some of the other away fans some manners :P

Yes spot on Haydos from now on I shall remember these Brighton fans and and make them my second team to look for results. Hope things pick up for you guys , you have come a long way in a short time so perhaps a little patience and stick with your manager and it mat get better.

The general concensus amongst us Brighton folk is that we just can't perform lately, let alone score or win.

It's difficult to add to what the others have said, but I'm not too upset with the result (I predicted 4-0 to you guys!) but I'm more concerned with how we're playing lately. We've been needing some luck lately, perhaps the penalty was it, but we simply don't take our chances.

In the last 12 months (45 league games), we have got 7 points from losing positions, 7 draws, no wins. That's the most worrying thing.

I hope we're up there with you in 6 months time, enjoy the rest of the season! Although I hope you have a horrible day on April 6th ;)

I don't think that was ever going to happen. You had/have the best defence in the league and have not yet conceded more than one goal in a game.

You might not score many, but you don't concede either. I couldn't see us getting more than 2, but predicted 1-0, which thanks to Schmeichel was only just correct.

I don't think that was ever going to happen. You had/have the best defence in the league and have not yet conceded more than one goal in a game.

You might not score many, but you don't concede either. I couldn't see us getting more than 2, but predicted 1-0, which thanks to Schmeichel was only just correct.

It's a mentality that lots of Brighton fans possess, where we think "Blimey, we're actually being good at something! This can't last, we're only little ol' Brighton after all..."

Hopefully you'll stuff Palace instead :D

It's a mentality that lots of Brighton fans possess, where we think "Blimey, we're actually being good at something! This can't last, we're only little ol' Brighton after all..."

Hopefully you'll stuff Palace instead :D

Little old Brighton who manage 20k+ gates every week.

It's a newish thing aint it, they've grown alot over the last decade or so they used to be tiny in the mid 90's, takes awhile to adapt your mentality.

That plus 20 quid for Gillingham and 25+ for Withdean was considered a joke by some fans (don't blame them) , finally getting the lost generation back watching the Albion , more community involvement and showing some London sides how a fans day out should be.

Now the big thing here is whether we're sensible with the pricing , we're already one of the most expensive Championship days out , push this up too much when we're Premier League (some point way in the future) and we risk killing the golden goose in my opinion.

Archived