Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Brighton post-match thread

Palace away: won 3 Drew 1 lost 2 Leicester home: won 6/6

If they don't bring a new manager in by Saturday to gain new manager syndrome, we could start making a bit of space on the challengers.

Teams I'm worried about atm: pretty much everyone all the way down to 13th... :unsure:

Thought Drinkwater and Morgan were excellent again. King and Whitbread also played well. The rest very up and down.

Pretty much agree with that, some 6s all round for most of the rest. Knocky showed some flashes of genuine quality but wasn't quite at the races, Nugent looked like he really needed the rest in the second half, Dyer was a lot of effort and running but lacked a clinical end product, etc.

Not a bad performance by any means, though, and a vital win to keep the run going after a few dropped points at the weekend.

Overall quite happy.

How was French Tone? Mustard otherwise don't reply please.

A mixture of unbelievable tekkers and somewhat lazy touches. Really came alive in the second when we naffed off Waggy and stuck him in the middle.

Absolutely took the living piss out of them in injury time to run down the clock, including one beautiful bit of samba trickery followed by a needless rabona pass purely for the hell of it. Comedy gold.

Overall rating: Dijonnaise.

Great win, out of the two home games I thought this was the thoughest one I fully expect 3pts saturday.. But agreeing with a lot of you on here we need to be a bit more clinical in front of goal..HAPPY DAAAYSSS!!!! :scarf:

Just heading back home. Really pleased with the performance - we didn't quite hit the heights of recent performances but I thought we showed massive heart and desire to get the three points and stay top.

On a cautionary note - I thought we looked pretty tired second half. Having a smallish but close-knit squad has worked well for us so far but if we are going to get promoted then we will need NP to bring some quality loan players in to supplement a tiring squad. I'm sure he'll bring the right players in.

5live had a lot of praise for Schmeichel and the home end.

Spent the majority of the game commenting about how quite the crowd were, how they'd got used to winning and now needed entertaining.

Coupled with the long periods of silence over the airwaves, it hardly made for great radio.

I'll go as far as saying that's out worst performance of the season but we still managed to grind out the win so well done to the lads. Special mention to Morgan and Drinkwater. Whitbread getting stringer with every game too.

Kingy seems to have gained a yard of pace. For all their possession I thought the seagulls were poor. Never really created anything of note.

I'm pleased more than anything that we can play below par and win.

Archived