Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Brighton post-match thread

Played better than that and lost games this season which in it's self is encouraging. Although we'll need to be better on Saturday.

Kasper, generally commanding and had a good game, great work in going the right way for the pen (awful penalty from Barnes I think it was) should of got it round the post though given how weak it was and thankfully the follow up was somehow even worse than the penalty

Nice to see Whitbred play well, anyone who saw the Burton game has will have reservations about him, might have been him that gave the pen away I couldn't see it, or even if it was a penalty but aside from that I thought he was decent, Morgan again was fantastic player of the season so far for me. Konchesky was ok and De Laet got forward well, Moore did ok as it's not easy coming on at Full back but I've seen him play better.

Midfield two were excellent, Dyer worked hard, Knockaert needs to realize he's not Cristiano Ronaldo, if they'd of scored from that counter I'd of been livid, nice as his 4 minutes of flicks tricks and taking the piss towards the end were I'm not particular keen on them if its costing us a goal. Generally gave the ball away quite a bit in the first half one of the worst if not the worst game I've seen him play.

Nugent excellent work for the first goal aside from that a little quiet but then we weren't great going forward in general tonight and created just about more than they did (which was nothing bar a lucky pen) Thought Waghorn was going to launch a one man assault on Row Z after his first attempt but after his second went sideways and his half volley attempt he actually managed slice behind him it appeared it wasn't even going to be that good. He's general play, not playing people in quickly enough aside, was alright. Looked a lot more threatening once Marshall replaced him though, rusty but got two great feet.

Great work for the goal from Nuge. Great save from Kasper for the "penalty", never a foul. King was bloody superb, Morgan and Whitbread are solid as fùck and Tony K is worth the ST price by himself. That unnecessary backheel that would all of their defence up to the point that there was almost a scrap was amazing.

Our worst performance so far but we were still pretty decent and solid. We looked a lot better when Vardy and Marshall came on. Happy with the win against a strong defence. For anyone not reading twitter yet, De Laet says he had some chest pain but he's fine now and him and Kasper are trying to decide who should tell us what was said between them

Our worst performance so far but we were still pretty decent and solid. We looked a lot better when Vardy and Marshall came on. Happy with the win against a strong defence. For anyone not reading twitter yet, De Laet says he had some chest pain but he's fine now and him and Kasper are trying to decide who should tell us what was said between them

De laet was chatting to np or shakey, then ran over to tell Kasper something, I'm guessing it was advice from the bench on which way it was likely to go.

I genuinely think its a sign of how our level of expectation has been raised over the past few weeks.

Make no bones about it, they were a well organised side and in CMS have a striker who literally chases down everything.

I think we looked REALLY solid today, the midfield, especially Dyer and King were playing out of their skins to get back and defend.

Big shout maybe, but I doubt we will play many sides better than Brighton down here this season.

Sometimes you have to grind out a win and we did.

Happy times.

Not a pretty win but grinding out wins when we don't play particularly well is a good benchmark of how far we have come defensively we were solid Kasper provided the key to winning the game his distribution and saves were vital biggest disappointment is Waghorn absolutely woeful.

Brighton are a good at keeping the ball and not conceding goals so its no surprise it was tight. It was a worse performance than Burnley so easily our worst yet but not every game can be our best and look like we should win by a fair few. 3 points i 3 points at the end of the day and we stay top, also good to know that nobody who has played Cardiff seem to rate them and their own boards arent greatly positive.

Its amazing that we must do our homework and do it thoroughly to know which side to dive for a penalty, its important to cover every detail and work hard both on and off the pitch.

Bring on Saturday and hopefully a better performance and good game between the form sides.

The pen was Whitbread and it was probably 50/50 seen em given seen em not. The ref was very picky and spoilt the game with a lot of niggley free kicks given on both sides.

Whitbread clearly put his hands onto the Brighton player, so he either pushed him, a definite penalty or he put himself in a position where the guy could dive and win a penalty, stupid defending. Neither situation reflects well on Whitbread, all he had to do was shepherd the guy out and at worst concede a corner, there was no need whatsoever for him to put his hands on the player.

The ref was fine as well, whats he supposed to do if the players keep fouling each other, just not give free-kicks? If a game is "ruined" by lots of niggly fouls its not the referee's fault its the players who can't stop pushing each other over. Waghorn pushed the Brighton defenders whenever he went up to head the ball and got rightly penalised for it, Craig Mickhail Smith pushed Whitbread and Morgan over whenever they went to shepherd the ball out of play and got rightly penalised for it, especially given that for at least 3 of those occassions Brighton would have had a corner/throw in if the ref hadn't given a "niggly free-kick". Ref's don't commit fouls players do.

Tonight was a good win with a reasonable performance, our first twenty minutes we we're fantastic those cheeky runs into the box we're exciting, I would say second half we weren't that good, didn't test there goalie enough in the second period. Brighton to me didn't look that great either, okay they were better than Birmingham but still looked poor. Waghorn once again missing sitters (when is he going to be dropped), Vardy I felt came on the wrong time, I would brought on Schlupp or Futacs myself. We look solid at the back tonight was impressed Whitbread wasn't keen on his performance at Brum, but pleased me tonight. Andy King was once again superb, Kasper simply faultless. Marshall caused problems with his second half appearance, Knockheart was good for around half an hour but I felt he went of the boil after that. Danny Drinkwater looks to need a rest, so before people throw shoes at me. How about giving Neil Danns a run out on saturday giving Danny a well deserved rest. On the teamsheet saturday there are going to be changes I think despite the win.

I thought we played ok, but no better than that. The first 20 minutes were great, but otherwise we were fairly mediocre until Marshall came on.

Brighton passed it nicely without ever really threatening (penalty aside). I didn't have the best view from the West Stand so can't comment.

Thought Morgan was good again, as was Drinkwater. King was the star outfield man with his goal and wise use of possession, but the man of the match for me was Schmeichel. Not only did he save a penalty, but his handling from other shots, low and high crosses was excellent - I'm not sure he spilled anything other than the penalty.

And I'm still not sure about Whitbread. He seems a bit of a "head it and kick it" centre half, with a lot of long hoofs down the field. That said, he was part of a defence which kept a clean sheet, so I'm just nit picking.

Archived