Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Brighton post-match thread

Right ...

Firstly congratulations for last night , would've popped this on when I got back but was so peed off it was probably better to sleep on it.

Decent attmosphere first quarter of an hour and you lot looked the stronger side , then like the game everything went abit flat until the penalty (that wasn't really)

That's probably one of the worst Albion performances I've ever seen if you take into consideration the quality on offer , no urgency , stupid passing and just no heart or battle.

anyways *hands up* no excuses , we deserved nothing more and if truth be told I'm slightly worried - 5 games and no plan b

best of luck for the rest of the season (bar the reverse fixture) and if you can do the same against the scum on Saturday it'd be much appreciated.

The main thing that I draw from that match is how few opportunities we allowed Brighton - a very good habit to get into, which suggests good concentration, organisation and team ethic.

Far from our best performance going forward, but defended really well as a team.

Our Brighton friend is a bit harsh on his own side. They may not have been brilliant, but the fact that they created so little was largely due to our good defensive organisation. They controlled Nugent/Waghorn well and looked a decent side in possession, but we closed down well and didn't allow them many opportunities (50-50 penalty shout, free header from corner, late breakaway, 1 or 2 long shots).

Knocky is an exciting and creative talent, but he needs to be a bit more careful not to needlessly lose possession, which happened a bit too often for comfort last night....though some of his 2nd half passing was sublime, not to mention his amazing tricks. Just hope (a) he wants to stay - and NP doesn't allow it all to go to his head (no chance!); (b) some thuggish defender doesn't get so wound up that he's on the end of a leg-breaking tackle.

Very promising performance, mainly because we weren't at our creative best, but still rarely looked vulnerable.

The main thing that I draw from that match is how few opportunities we allowed Brighton - a very good habit to get into, which suggests good concentration, organisation and team ethic.

Far from our best performance going forward, but defended really well as a team.

Our Brighton friend is a bit harsh on his own side. They may not have been brilliant, but the fact that they created so little was largely due to our good defensive organisation. They controlled Nugent/Waghorn well and looked a decent side in possession, but we closed down well and didn't allow them many opportunities (50-50 penalty shout, free header from corner, late breakaway, 1 or 2 long shots).

Knocky is an exciting and creative talent, but he needs to be a bit more careful not to needlessly lose possession, which happened a bit too often for comfort last night....though some of his 2nd half passing was sublime, not to mention his amazing tricks. Just hope (a) he wants to stay - and NP doesn't allow it all to go to his head (no chance!); (b) some thuggish defender doesn't get so wound up that he's on the end of a leg-breaking tackle.

Very promising performance, mainly because we weren't at our creative best, but still rarely looked vulnerable.

Agree with all of this, especially the point about Knocky. Had moments of flair and brilliance last night but also a few mistakes, generally a good performance though as per. I love him and love his tricks but I fear one day he's gonna get taken out.

Considering we weren't at our best we still managed 12(BBC) or 13 (OS) shots on target and 4 off target, dominated possession 54% and limited a good side to 2 shots on target, one being the penalty.

The biggest negative from last night was the number of fouls we gave away, the ref was niggly, but I could see why each free kick was given, it was a slippy surface and we needed to have a little more composure and not be so "hands on" in our defending, thought we were lucky to escape a few more bookings too.

I really hoped after scoring after 10 minutes it would be the game where we push on and hammer someone, but I guess we are saving that for Palace.

Still got 100% home record, 7 games unbeaten, only dropping 2 points from the last 21, not dropped points after taking the lead this season, and top of the league, so far so good, now lets keep it up for the next 7 months (that seems like a long time).

Right ...

Firstly congratulations for last night , would've popped this on when I got back but was so peed off it was probably better to sleep on it.

Decent attmosphere first quarter of an hour and you lot looked the stronger side , then like the game everything went abit flat until the penalty (that wasn't really)

That's probably one of the worst Albion performances I've ever seen if you take into consideration the quality on offer , no urgency , stupid passing and just no heart or battle.

anyways *hands up* no excuses , we deserved nothing more and if truth be told I'm slightly worried - 5 games and no plan b

best of luck for the rest of the season (bar the reverse fixture) and if you can do the same against the scum on Saturday it'd be much appreciated.

Can't help thinking you are being a tad harsh on your team. I thought that, apart from looking very lightwieght up front, you were strong, industrious, passed fairly well and made the game very difficult for us. You managed an insane amount of crosses into our area and, had out 2 CBs not been so dominant in the air and our keeper's handling been less assured, may well have had better luck. Decent support for your boys, too, given a foul night, midweek and a horrible journey.

Can't help thinking you are being a tad harsh on your team. I thought that, apart from looking very lightwieght up front, you were strong, industrious, passed fairly well and made the game very difficult for us. You managed an insane amount of crosses into our area and, had out 2 CBs not been so dominant in the air and our keeper's handling been less assured, may well have had better luck. Decent support for your boys, too, given a foul night, midweek and a horrible journey.

Anything they got came from our mistakes, they didn't really carve anything out themselves, just took advantage of our sometimes wayward passing. I can't really remember them putting any sort of decent attacking move together, just win the ball in the middle and charge at us, other than that they looked pretty devoid of ideas.

Compared to some of the lovely one touch passing, give and go, we played at times, and the patient build up too, not to mention we looked very dangerous on the break stopping them committing more men forwards at the end of the match, if we can just cut out the silly mistakes and sloppiness we will win this league, because at times we looked irresistible.

Not our best performance, and Brighton possibly deserved a point, but we did enough to win, just about.

Again we started the game well, and tested their keeper early on, before King gave us the lead. Waghorn should've doubled it after a sparkling run from De Laet, but then Brighton got back into it, without creating too many real chances.

Second half they held the ball better than we did, and we stood off too much, leading to a penalty brilliantly saved by Kasper. After that we got on top again, when Vardy and Marshall were introduced. Nearly threw it away at the end but a dreadful shot way wide saw us home.

Vital win, against another of the teams around us, and a sixth straight home win. Lots to work on though, but it's important to win even when not playing well.

Not our best performance, and Brighton possibly deserved a point, but we did enough to win, just about.

Again we started the game well, and tested their keeper early on, before King gave us the lead. Waghorn should've doubled it after a sparkling run from De Laet, but then Brighton got back into it, without creating too many real chances.

Second half they held the ball better than we did, and we stood off too much, leading to a penalty brilliantly saved by Kasper. After that we got on top again, when Vardy and Marshall were introduced. Nearly threw it away at the end but a dreadful shot way wide saw us home.

Vital win, against another of the teams around us, and a sixth striaght home win. Lots to work on though, but it's important to win even when not playing well.

Brighton were only going to get something out of the game if we gifted it to them, and even when we did they still messed it up, they looked devoid of ideas in the final third, and our defence was on top for the majority of the game.

Brighton were only going to get something out of the game if we gifted it to them, and even when we did they still messed it up, they looked devoid of ideas in the final third, and our defence was on top for the majority of the game.

I know, we tested their keeper more than they did ours, but they kept the ball well and we did seem determined to let them have a chance.

Right ...

Thanks for your honest opinion on the game.

Why do you hate Palace so much? Just wondering why them? Are they considered your biggest rival? If so, why?

Thoroughly enjoyed the game last night, delighted to see us solid at the back and looking full of ideas going forward

Done an article on the game with pics and the usual jazz http://barandin.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/leicester-city-vs-brighton-and-hove.html

Where did the figure for the away fans come from?? OS said something like 683

Few observations from C1.Some vociferous fans in there for the evening.Didnt pick up too much from Kaspers kicks not winning the ball in the air

Noticable we gave away a lot of possesion via free kicks possible as they were keeping the ball quite well and we were having to get a bit aggressive

Waggy could have put the game (and his doubters) to bed,doesnt seem to be quite in tune with Nugent and his charging about flatters him a little.Dyer also missed a free header on the 6 yard line.Times in the first half we were dead flat 4-4-2(Marbella Dave)needed a lot more switching but tbf controlling the game.Loved the last 15 when Knocky took charge of everything playing in behind the attack and Marshall was quite effective.Someone is going to give Knocky an awful clattering if they can get close enough.

Wins a win but we will see better than that at times.

Few observations from C1.Some vociferous fans in there for the evening.Didnt pick up too much from Kaspers kicks not winning the ball in the air

Noticable we gave away a lot of possesion via free kicks possible as they were keeping the ball quite well and we were having to get a bit aggressive

Waggy could have put the game (and his doubters) to bed,doesnt seem to be quite in tune with Nugent and his charging about flatters him a little.Dyer also missed a free header on the 6 yard line.Times in the first half we were dead flat 4-4-2(Marbella Dave)needed a lot more switching but tbf controlling the game.Loved the last 15 when Knocky took charge of everything playing in behind the attack and Marshall was quite effective.Someone is going to give Knocky an awful clattering if they can get close enough.

Wins a win but we will see better than that at times.

You rang?

NFP likes his 4-4-2 which means our most creative player(s) start on the flanks.

If they stay wide then mostly they get isolated, like Marshall before the break, or they wander which can upset our shape, Knockaert much of the time.

NFP also requires them to cover their fullback, as Knockaert did against Birmingham, massively reducing their threat as attacking players.

It also puts a huge workload on Drinkwater and King, covering everything from our back 4 to our front 2, no wonder they were knackered after an hour on Tuesday.

But what the hell, we are top of the league and no-one gives a fook........... :dunno:

I posted in the match thread by accident, anyway;

Played ok, not brilliant but like I was saying earlier in the season when we were outplaying opponents I'd much rather play shit and get a result rather than outplaying the opposition and losing like we were, so very happy to walk away with the 3 points, even if we didn't play aswell as we know we can and tbh the performance wasn't that bad!

Onwards to the palace game now, I'll be looking for another 3 points purely because its at home, however I know it's going to be a tough game, tougher than last night.

On Waghorn, I like the lad, he was brilliant in his loan season for us, I was all for signing him but I don't know what's happened to the lad, he's shocking infront of goal, he's getting in the position but he is missing tap ins, simple tap ins. He be more suited playing for the tigers at this moment in time kicking conversions for them. Think we've gotta drop him, we can't give him time, chances, we are top, we want to stay there and goals will be crucial, he'll cost us if we continue playing him.

Evening Leicester People,

I come in peace from 4 Minutes Added Time,we are an Independent Brighton And Hove Albion blog where i though it would be nice to come on here and share our report from last nights game. Infact i think Braders (The report writer) may even be hiding on your forums somewhere, i believe he contributes every now and again!!

If you would like to take a look at a report of the game from an away fans perspective you can find it here: http://www.4minutesaddedtime.com/blog/?p=2284, Would be great as always to hear your opinions.

Best of luck for the rest of the season

Alex

Evening Leicester People,

I come in peace from 4 Minutes Added Time,we are an Independent Brighton And Hove Albion blog where i though it would be nice to come on here and share our report from last nights game. Infact i think Braders (The report writer) may even be hiding on your forums somewhere, i believe he contributes every now and again!!

If you would like to take a look at a report of the game from an away fans perspective you can find it here: http://www.4minutesa...om/blog/?p=2284, Would be great as always to hear your opinions.

Best of luck for the rest of the season

Alex

Thanks for the link. I notice that Brighton are still yet to win against a top half side. That is a pretty worrying stat for you guys I think? Even during your good run I noticed that all of your wins were against bottom half sides, so I was waiting to see how you would get on against sides nearer the top. As I say, so far those games haven't really been going for you have they?

Thanks for the link. I notice that Brighton are still yet to win against a top half side. That is a pretty worrying stat for you guys I think? Even during your good run I noticed that all of your wins were against bottom half sides, so I was waiting to see how you would get on against sides nearer the top. As I say, so far those games haven't really been going for you have they?

Talk about rubbing it in!

It's very simple - teams have worked out how we play and dealt with us accordingly , Gus has gone on record and stated we only have one style of play and whilst we applauded it at the start we also have to question it when it starts going wrong. The pass and move looks beautiful when it works but last night looked like a drunken mess.

The second thing I've noticed (more this season then last) is that when we concede our heads drop and we start playing stupid shots - last time we won a game after going a goal behind was 57 games ago (Opening game of the AMEX vs Doncaster) and so many games we've just switched off completely.

Archived