Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Brighton post-match thread

We dominated for 20 minutes but then it was an even match. To be fair Brighton looked decent in midfield and we hoofed the ball via Kasper an awful lot so it led to them having alot of possession. They didn't look like threatening other than through abit of luck and of course the penalty. Linesman gave the penalty and it certainly looked a foul to me. Whitbread didn't need to come across and make contact even if their man made a meal of it. Ref was actually faultless, can't think of a single decision i disagreed with. Pleased we got the win, a draw wouldn't have been unfair either.

If we still have Knockaert in February I will eat my own poo

Yeah I think Knocky will be still here come February but come the summer, there will be some questions. Kasper in my mind is one player I am worried about losing with supposedly Real Madrid interested.

Yeah I think Knocky will be still here come February but come the summer, there will be some questions. Kasper in my mind is one player I am worried about losing with supposedly Real Madrid interested.

Come off it, Real Madrid are not interested. Probably just a bargaining tool to get a new contract.

De laet was chatting to np or shakey, then ran over to tell Kasper something, I'm guessing it was advice from the bench on which way it was likely to go.

More than likely but they're certainly making a mystery of it. They still haven't said what it was unless I missed it, twitter is very busy with us lot celebrating lol

More than likely but they're certainly making a mystery of it. They still haven't said what it was unless I missed it, twitter is very busy with us lot celebrating lol

He got booked for whatever message he passed on, if it was which way to dive they it was worth the booking.

It's great to win even when we didn't play well. I was at charlton where we deserved 3 points and about 5 goals!! It's good to see the team grind out a win.

I have to say the defence looked good, Zak was heading the ball like Walsh or Elliot and big Wes is the best central defender we have had in years.

Great result.

The Lino awarded the pen. Was right in front of us. Did notice (like most these days) the red was directing the Lino a hell of lot, the Lino seemed hesitant to make any decision by himself.

Sure the penalty was soft but we'd have been screaming for it if it was us, saying it was a stone wall pen. Not that It matters, they missed it anyway.

I can see Vardy coming in for Waggy on Saturday. People moaning about Waggy had better get used to the fact he's in Pearson's plans and is his number 3 striker. As well as being versatile enough to play in the formation we play, he's a "Pearson player" too.

Fookin awesome result, the "highlights" show some reasonable passing again, so im hoping that, not only are we getting the points.. but contining to play good football.

Again.. congrats to the boys and NP.

YAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We're top of the league

We're top of the league

We're Lesta Citeh

We're top of the league.

Interesting question here...I remember our owners saying they would increase the capacity to 40k should we get into the premier league. Thing is do you think we'd even get near to filling that even in the PL?

If we had a cheaper pricing structure then I would say we could get 40k. Unfortunatly money has ruined football, so I doubt it will happen.

Well, well, what the fook was that?

Very strange game, a game of 4 quarters in fact……. :/

First quarter we played with pace and intensity, could posibly have gone 2, even 3 up. Brighton barely got a kick.

Second and third quarters we dropped off, went virtually to a very sloppy 4-5-1 in the first half and lost all focus, Brighton hammered us in the period up to half time and although they made few real chances they were well on top. NFP pushed Waghorn back upfront at the start of the second half but it made little difference, Brighton continued to press.

The penalty though was pivotal, a bit soft maybe but hardly an injustice. I have no idea what De Laet said to Scmeichel, but the save was confident, as was Morgan's covering of the rebound. Not sure what happened to De Laet but he had to be replaced by Moore.

The penalty save undoubtably gave City a boost and the arrival of Vardy and Marshal some ten minutes later made all the difference. Suddenly we were back in the ascendency, Knockaert went central and suddenly was controlling our play, Marshall, Dyer and Vardy all running of him and once again we were looking much the better side. Brighton did get the odd break but this was do to tiredness on our part as much as anything else.

Drinkwater and King were magnificent for more than an hour but the effort left then virtually on their knees, the support given by Knockaert in the last quarter when he gave them the outball virtually every time was superb, he made it easy for them and, despite the odd error, showed why we really need him to play there all the time.

A good victory though once again I thought we made it hard for ourselves with the way we set up. I know I keep going on about it but our '2 men up and 2 wide' approach puts far too big a workload on Drinkwater and King, they were both knackered well before the final whistle.

:scarf: :scarf:

Anyway, I'm off to see my lawyer, more later.

Trying to sue Pearson for not listening to you?

Nice idea, but I wouldn't dare, he'd nut me......... :(

Result = all that matters, clean sheet = bonus well done, maintain home record = fantastic, top of the division = what we want.

That is of course, bullshit.

One result is not that important, far more important that we continue to play well and find ways to be even better. We need to keep improving if we are going to stay in the promotion spots, we can not trust to luck as was pretty much the case last night........ :fc:

Thought the lineo gave a corner, but not sure, wasn't a clear decision from the ref. Seemed a delay before he indicated to the spot, maybe it was the lineo.

Yeah defo saw the flag to the chest before the whilstle went and two or three of players went straight to the linesman to give him a round of F ucks lol

Archived