Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
topharry123

Matchday Celebrations Disappeared?

I remember 4 years ago I visisted with my wife from Texas and we got our picture in the matchday programme for our anniversary, our names up on the stadium boards and a congratulations announcement at half time. Two years ago, we again had our name and picture in the programme but no announcements this time as the price was now 20 quid an announcement. We're over for our 5 year anniversary at xmas and I find out that they no longer even have a page for fans in the programme for things like anniversaries. I know it's only a small thing, but it's really disappointing that the things that used to be free for the fans for them to be able to celebrate a special day at the club are no longer available, or they just charge you for them. They still do the meet Birch thing, but only if your name gets drawn as he has limited time. Anyone else find that the matchday experience is becoming less personal and more just pay as much money to the club as possible, watch the game and get out? I wonder if this is due to the new owners cutting back on things like this or if it came from below them? Also noticed my match tickets had gone up a lot this year, couldn't believe the price !! Anyway regardless i'll still be cheering us on at xmas at the stadium. Anyone know of anything else the club could do or that I could pay for at the club that is good value to celebrate an anniversary? The 20 quid announcements are not worth it, but maybe there's something i'm missing!

It's just a sign of the times in football I'm afraid, whilst people accept it's a business collectively you can fully expect this kind of thing to keep rising.

The price of replicas are such a joke I refuse to buy or wear one at the minute.

sadly until there's a complete revolution in football, wages capped at 2k a week and ticket prices capped at £15 there's only one solution: care less about your club.

i like your optimism but 2k a week? unless is it is worldwide cap that would never ever work. Think realistically it would be prem 50k championship 15k

Until the whole house of cards falls, nothing will ever change. Clubs in this country are over reliant on Sky money. If the league introduces a wage cap, the best players go abroad and Sky loses interest. Clubs will never do anything that would be counterproductive to their revenue stream.

It makes me sick to be honest, the money is the main thing now, the football is secondary.

sadly until there's a complete revolution in football, wages capped at 2k a week and ticket prices capped at £15 there's only one solution: care less about your club.

Admire your beliefs but it's unrealistic- top players will never be paid £2k a week.

With the TV deals you could probably still pay large wages and lower the ticket prices, but that's unlikely any time soon.

Archived