Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
corbyfox1884

Football has a habit of evening things up ......

I will also add that I think this is an interesting discussion and it'd be intriguing to know what fans of any of the clubs who may have gained a benefit from these decisions think about it.

There's also one decision that stands out to me where I think a referee was far too quick to send a player off based on what seemed like a power trip rather than any offence which had taken place - Schmeichel's sending-off at Forest last season, one of the worst decisions I've ever seen on a football pitch.

When I heard Kasper saying he didn't know he'd been booked, I thought that was the worst excuse i'd ever heard until the tv evidence backed him up. Their second goal should have been ruled out for a foul by Morgan as well

Look.....

There always have and always will be (unless you wish to control the game completely re. Cameras, questions decisions etc) errors made by the officials.

I can still think back to when we played the sheep shaggers at Wembley all those years ago and I'm still sure that Walshy's goal WAS a barge on the keeper that would never be allowed these days. But, we got the decision, and won the play-offs.

These things DO even themselves up over the course of seasons. Yes, we have been on the arse end of some dodgy sections recently... Tough shit! So have many many others teams across the world most probably.

Why did we not win the game against Forest?

It wasn't about the ref giving a dodgy penalty (although many who saw it actually thought it was a penalty anyway). No, it was because, despite controlling the game and playing some lovely football, we just could not convert our chances. I said it on the day and still think it... If Waggy had converted his chance when he stuttered, thus giving the defender the time to get back and clear the ball off the line, it would have been game over and we wouldn't even be bringing up the Whitbread tackle.

Get over it, live with it and accept that we'll get some decisions, we won't get others. That's always been the case and always will unless technology is brought into the game to a far greater degree that it is now.

I want to see us today running the game, creating chances, and taking them.... Then we'll win and we won't be taking about the referee.

This all comes back to why you think they weren't given - if you don't think the laws were fairly applied, does that mean you think it's more likely that the referees in those games didn't want us to win than they made an honest decision based on what they saw at the time?

What can you say really though? Could anyone hope to convince people that there genuinely is a conspiracy amongst referees to stop Leicester City winning promotion? No.

But until these things do even themselves out (which they won't, because they don't) all we can do is protest amongst ourselves. It is admittedly pointless because it won't change anything. If we were denied points every week by severe refereeing errors without them also going in our favour, what could we do about it? We would be powerless to watch referees stop us getting promoted.

It is just hard to believe, and even harder to accept, that these things (Blackburn, Palace, Forest) are going against us without also going for us with the same frequency, because they aren't at the moment.

Back to the original point, I've seen Ipswich play once this season and DJ picked up the ball and threw it into the net and a goal was given. Add to that the decisions that have gone against us in recent weeks and if "it evens itself out" I'd say we're guaranteed a few today. Happy days.

Yes, of course, because I have no reason to believe any decisions given against us are made in anything other than good faith and I accept that referees are a part of football.

Anyway, there's nothing to say that the teams finishing in the top six wouldn't all have had even more allegedly blatant penalties denied than us.

I agree that the decisions are made in good faith, i've never suggested we're being deliberately cheated. I would be happy to accept poor decisions either way if our annoying habit of losing points because of it came to an end. We need some talking points in a game and officials always provide it. I don't propose the use of technology for every decision, just the ones that a ref or linesman isn't sure about. Did you read the article in the Mercury about Pearson's time at Newcastle? They had 2 monitors in the dugout, 1 on a live feed & 1 of them on a 10 second delay so that they could immediately review things. There's no reason why something like that can't be utilised at the referees request

Archived