Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
corbyfox1884

Football has a habit of evening things up ......

The evidence that shows all the good and bad decisions that lead to the result of a game, where do you begin?...do you question every wrong decision? Every decision changes the course of a match whether it creates a goal within seconds or minutes later. Its absurd to suggest that some teams are punished with more bad than good decisions....law of averages will mean that the good and bad decisions will be close.

This is perhaps the most naive statement I have ever read. Do you really believe that refs are not intimidated by

Alex Ferguson? Do you really believe that bigger clubs are not favoured over smaller clubs?

In no way whatsoever do they even themselves out... worst cliche I've ever heard in football

BUT, thats twice now we've been done over by a referee vs the scum, I would LOVE IT (in the words of King Kev) if we got a dodgy last minute penalty at the City ground to give us promotion and send Forest out of the play offs!

This is perhaps the most naive statement I have ever read. Do you really believe that refs are not intimidated by

Alex Ferguson? Do you really believe that bigger clubs are not favoured over smaller clubs?

Thanks.

They might be....where's the proof though, which decisons do you use....a free kick in your own half that leads to a goal or a penalty that shouldn't have been given? Or every good and bad decision...you say its naive but you havent backed it up with evidence, the whole idea that some teams get punished more than others is fine but back it up.

Thanks.

They might be....where's the proof though, which decisons do you use....a free kick in your own half that leads to a goal or a penalty that shouldn't have been given? Or every good and bad decision...you say its naive but you havent backed it up with evidence, the whole idea that some teams get punished more than others is fine but back it up.

If I had the time or inclination I could do a simple test such as, take all Man U games over the last 5yrs, work out the

average added time for games which Man U are losing, and then work out the average added time for games they are winning.

But I don't, I just watch football and form my own opinion.

Thanks.

He finds your lack of faith disturbing lol

Biggest loads of bollocks in football, might "even itself up" for Real Madrid, Liverpool and Man Utd etc etc but not for most teams.

It shouldn't be an issue. A legitimate tackle is a legitimate tackle, whether you go to ground or not. It's the officials responsibility to get the decision right, so a player shouldn't have to shy out of a challenge just in case the ref gets it wrong. It's no different to saying that a player should always try to block a shot with his hands, because the officials might not spot it.

lol yes it is, one is making sure you don't give a penalty away by not putting yourself in a dangerous position the other is actually risking giving a pen away what a stupid thing to say lol.

In a ideal world, yes an offical should always get it right, but there is no need to dive in that situation, it's not about shying away as a defender the best thing Whitbred could of done is stood up Sharp he had his back to goal and wasn't going anywhere, all he was going to do was lay the ball off, diving in your always at risk of giving a pen away, to be fair there are a few people I know and a qualified referre in this thread who seem to think it is a penalty as he got the player before the ball so there's clearly a debate and it's one Whitbred could of saved us having.

I think we need technology in the game. To be used on red card and penalty decisions as well as offside calls.

Other sports have proven it works and it can be done ver quickly not losing too much time.

We also need ref's accountable as well.

At the end of the day ref's are humans they have emotions etc. and the game rests on a single human the majority of the time. Certian clubs are considered more fashionable than others, most neutrals eg. prefer forest to ourselves, how do we know the ref doesnt think the same and let it influence his decisions? isnt it ironic that forest 2 of their last 3 penalites are against us, those fgans complained before the game they hadnt had a penalty for over a year, then they get a dodgy one against us and suddenly they think its cool to have bad decisions 2 wrongs dont make a right.

The problem with these decisions not only do they affect results but they also affect momentum, the forest game reminded me of the cardiff playoff game, they were nowhere demotivated, then get dodgy penalty and suddenly start playing better. Not only that the result will demotivate the team because they failing to win so this will affect how we play the next game and so on.

Usually when a penalty table is published the teams on good form have the most penalties, one was published for this season and crystal palace have had 6 penalties already, for the premiership man utd seem to top it every season, last season was ridicolous almost every game the ref was in the news, we even had a opposition manager join us in our case to the FA, last season west ham and southampton both had lots of penalties. We got lucky against blackpool but other then that we seem to have mostly against us this season, this has been a trend for a few seasons now. It needs technology to correct but the authorities are fighting it off, and I think there has to be a reason they fighting it off, corruption cant be ruled out.

lol yes it is, one is making sure you don't give a penalty away by not putting yourself in a dangerous position the other is actually risking giving a pen away what a stupid thing to say lol.

It is stupid but if you're basing your play on the fact that the ref's gonna get everything wrong, then why not? If you're going to put yourself at a disadvantage by not doing something that's legal, then why not give yourself an advantage by doing something that's illegal? It worked for Palace!

Of course it's not true.

• The tale of two offsides at Blackburn
  • Clear handball on the line against Palace
  • Tale of two penalties against Forest

Cost us about 7-9 points this season but were we a more clinical side, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Add to this an absolutely nailed on penalty call at Watford. Brighton getting arguably a soft penalty, softer than the one we weren't given at Watford that's for sure. Add this to the amount of absolutely ridiculous decisions last year, such as Beckford's red at Brighton and that embarrassing stoner we had against Middlesbrough.

In our favour, Vardy v Blackpool yet this cancels out another negative or arguably even two, Morgan v Peterborough which I maintain was not a foul and I wouldn't have complained if it was against us.

I simply refuse to take it, I just hate the way you get so many narrow-minded idiots of sides who genuinely do claim unfair refereeing when they've not been done over at all, jumping on the bandwagon, meaning our claims will just get tarred in with this lot even though we honestly have been fvcked over. It's a shame we're not in the Premier, more would take notice.

Leicester have shot themselves in the foot but it's so unfair, why do we so often have to do more to win than others?

I think we need technology in the game. To be used on red card and penalty decisions as well as offside calls.

Other sports have proven it works and it can be done ver quickly not losing too much time.

We also need ref's accountable as well.

At the end of the day ref's are humans they have emotions etc. and the game rests on a single human the majority of the time. Certian clubs are considered more fashionable than others, most neutrals eg. prefer forest to ourselves, how do we know the ref doesnt think the same and let it influence his decisions? isnt it ironic that forest 2 of their last 3 penalites are against us, those fgans complained before the game they hadnt had a penalty for over a year, then they get a dodgy one against us and suddenly they think its cool to have bad decisions 2 wrongs dont make a right.

The problem with these decisions not only do they affect results but they also affect momentum, the forest game reminded me of the cardiff playoff game, they were nowhere demotivated, then get dodgy penalty and suddenly start playing better. Not only that the result will demotivate the team because they failing to win so this will affect how we play the next game and so on.

Usually when a penalty table is published the teams on good form have the most penalties, one was published for this season and crystal palace have had 6 penalties already, for the premiership man utd seem to top it every season, last season was ridicolous almost every game the ref was in the news, we even had a opposition manager join us in our case to the FA, last season west ham and southampton both had lots of penalties. We got lucky against blackpool but other then that we seem to have mostly against us this season, this has been a trend for a few seasons now. It needs technology to correct but the authorities are fighting it off, and I think there has to be a reason they fighting it off, corruption cant be ruled out.

Good post but it's not necessarily a case of everyone having an even number - Man Utd will often have more because they have a lot of players who directly run at the opposition in the box, they also have Tom Daley wannabes such as Ashley Young but my point stands.

I'm trying to think logically as to why we get fvcked over. I'm not even gonna waste my time arguing with anyone who honestly thinks we've had it fair in the last year or two, more onto why this actually might be like you have done. So many of our fans seem to think it's because we escaped punishment for admin lol in my experience the number who say that is alarming, was slightly before my time (sort of), did everyone genuinely have it in for us?

My theory is that maybe we've just got a pissy team. Last year we did without a doubt, we were indisciplined on an embarrassing level, this year I feel we have a side who's maybe not as bad but still seems to get the same shocking luck. Players like Danns, Mills, Beckford, Nugent (to an extent IMO) etc.. strike me as the type to wind a ref up easily and that might be why.

lol you should read more :) No i do not believe that big clubs are favoured, do you honestly think that all referees are cheats?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow reading this thread.... i think for the first time ive seen what other fans see about us.. the whingy, whiny, moany..."why always me" atttitude is stupifying.

Referees dont cheat! They make mistakes, like players and managers do... they dont do it on purpose, it just happens.

This is sport, the ball sometimes bounces your way..sometimes it deflects off a divot and falls at your opponents feet... is this the ground cheating?

crybaby.jpg

It is stupid but if you're basing your play on the fact that the ref's gonna get everything wrong, then why not? If you're going to put yourself at a disadvantage by not doing something that's legal, then why not give yourself an advantage by doing something that's illegal? It worked for Palace!

That's not what I am saying at all though. lol

Palace out played us the ref wasn't great but they deserved it.

lol you should read more :) No i do not believe that big clubs are favoured, do you honestly think that all referees are cheats?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow reading this thread.... i think for the first time ive seen what other fans see about us.. the whingy, whiny, moany..."why always me" atttitude is stupifying.

Referees dont cheat! They make mistakes, like players and managers do... they dont do it on purpose, it just happens.

This is sport, the ball sometimes bounces your way..sometimes it deflects off a divot and falls at your opponents feet... is this the ground cheating?

crybaby.jpg

Wow this is a bit OTT lol

They're infleunced by big teams at home, thats not just in England it's the same in most leagues, not what I would call cheating on purpose but perhaps when unsure unconciously deciding not to give a decision to save themselves getting a round of F**ks from 60,000 people.

Their seems to be less bias towards United now there are more teams challanging them however during the 90's/00's a visiting team didn't score a penalty at Old Trafford for about 5 years. I think I remember one incident where we were given one, Muzzy took it and scored and the ref ordered a re take, and Barthez saved it, struggling to remember now but I think he came off his line both times and yet when we score it was a retake and when he saved it it wasn't lol.

Wow this is a bit OTT lol

They're infleunced by big teams at home, thats not just in England it's the same in most leagues, not what I would call cheating on purpose but perhaps when unsure unconciously deciding not to give a decision to save themselves getting a round of F**ks from 60,000 people.

Their seems to be less bias towards United now there are more teams challanging them however during the 90's/00's a visiting team didn't score a penalty at Old Trafford for about 5 years. I think I remember one incident where we were given one, Muzzy took it and scored and the ref ordered a re take, and Barthez saved it, struggling to remember now but I think he came off his line both times and yet when we score it was a retake and when he saved it it wasn't lol.

As we iz so massiv.... surely we should be getting all the decisions in this league then?

Yes!

Decisions do even themselves up.....

Not only over a few games, any team can feel hard done by over a few weeks.

But over the long term, yes we will get decisions for us we shouldn't have, and against us too.

Refs don't 'have it in for us'

Utter bollox

Stop crying and get on with the football..

As we iz so massiv.... surely we should be getting all the decisions in this league then?

I dunno if that's suppose to be a joke but if not, we aren't and that's the point lol, we're doing ok to be in the play offs, in terms of history fan base stadium size quality of first XI whatever you want to judge it on we aren't the top side in this division and even if we were the Championship is a different kettle. Givning a penalty against Leicester in a 2/3's full Walkers Stadium on a Saturday afternoon and making a decision against Man United in front of the sky cameras and a sold out Old Trafford are two very different things.

I dunno if that's suppose to be a joke but if not, we aren't and that's the point lol, we're doing ok to be in the play offs, in terms of history fan base stadium size quality of first XI whatever you want to judge it on we aren't the top side in this division and even if we were the Championship is a different kettle. Givning a penalty against Leicester in a 2/3's full Walkers Stadium on a Saturday afternoon and making a decision against Man United in front of the sky cameras and a sold out Old Trafford are two very different things.

its quite serious... in this league, we are a big club...and yet we are not getting the decisions apparently

its quite serious... in this league, we are a big club...and yet we are not getting the decisions apparently

Except we aren't really are we, there are about 10 clubs of equal of greater stature and a vist to the King Power is about as initimidating as visit to Toys R Us.

How did this get round to referees cheating us? We get the same poor decisions as everyone else, it's just that when they go against us they tend to cost us points. We probably get fewer decisions in our favour and they tend not to gain us any points. That's not being cheated, it's just bad luck, bad timing in games or whatever but we're not being cheated. If we were still getting just as many poor decisions but they never cost us points would we still be complaining about them? No, because they would be irrelevant

Archived