Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
corbyfox1884

Football has a habit of evening things up ......

How did this get round to referees cheating us? We get the same poor decisions as everyone else, it's just that when they go against us they tend to cost us points. We probably get fewer decisions in our favour and they tend not to gain us any points. That's not being cheated, it's just bad luck, bad timing in games or whatever but we're not being cheated. If we were still getting just as many poor decisions but they never cost us points would we still be complaining about them? No, because they would be irrelevant

Of course we would, but not as vehemently because they wouldn't be so significant to us. You can cloak it up as much as you like, but you can't hide the fact that the standard of refereeing is awful in this league, that it spoils games, and that something needs to be done anbout it.

Of course we would, but not as vehemently because they wouldn't be so significant to us. You can cloak it up as much as you like, but you can't hide the fact that the standard of refereeing is awful in this league, that it spoils games, and that something needs to be done anbout it.

Completely agree that it's terrible and something needs to be done so that all teams are competing on a fair and level playing field. I'm annoyed at constantly losing points because of poor decisions, and it may feel like we're being cheated, but I don't believe for a second that we are the victims of some sort of conspiracy involving referees and by extension their bosses at the FA. This is the third season running we've had an unfortunate tendancy of losing points because of poor decisions but it's no more than that, and, yes, it would help if the decisions were correct in the first place and we used technology if the ref isn't sure.

Completely agree that it's terrible and something needs to be done so that all teams are competing on a fair and level playing field. I'm annoyed at constantly losing points because of poor decisions, and it may feel like we're being cheated, but I don't believe for a second that we are the victims of some sort of conspiracy involving referees and by extension their bosses at the FA. This is the third season running we've had an unfortunate tendancy of losing points because of poor decisions but it's no more than that, and, yes, it would help if the decisions were correct in the first place and we used technology if the ref isn't sure.

Bloody hell, I agree 100%. How did I get myself in that position?

I'm sure we would be if football did actually have a habit of evening itself out

Perhaps, but if you ask most fans they'll say the exact same thing. No these things don't even themselves out exactly, clearly that isn't going to happen, but I think when it comes to blaming refs we all wear our blue-tinted specs, yes we've been unlucky with some decisions and at the time yes we've all been annoyed with the ref/FA/FIFA, but we rarely remember decisions that have gone the other way. It's not perfect and we do need technology to be introduced, but it's not like we suffer the most. If you're a good enough team you'll do well, in the long term, even if those decisions have a habit of going against you.

It's not like we play Manchester United at Old Trafford every week. I fail to see the argument here.

You don't see that we're losing points due to poor decisions and this is the third season running it's happening? Has it evened itself out for us? You do realise that this could cost us promotion and Pearson his job don't you? When we start gaining points due to bad decisions i'm sure we'll all be more willing to accept it. Till then, we'll call for use of technology to try and limit the damage

You don't see that we're losing points due to poor decisions and this is the third season running it's happening? Has it evened itself out for us? You do realise that this could cost us promotion and Pearson his job don't you? When we start gaining points due to bad decisions i'm sure we'll all be more willing to accept it. Till then, we'll call for use of technology to try and limit the damage

We've already gained points from bad decisions this season.

So you think it's a conspiracy against Leicester?

The reason we haven't been promoted is because we haven't been good enough. Same reason we aren't top now.

The decisions haven't even been that bad!

The reason we haven't been promoted is because we haven't been good enough. Same reason we aren't top now.

Yes they have. The Palace handball in particular, one of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

Also Vardy's disallowed v Blackburn, that was shocking too.

We've already gained points from bad decisions this season.

Are you seriously suggesting the Blackpool penalty as a case of us gaining points? He should have given the 2 previous ones so although technically we gained a debatable penalty and 3 points, we got the win we should have had anyway and possibly by 2 goals instead of 1

Also Vardy's disallowed v Blackburn, that was shocking too.

He was basically level. Hardly shocking.

The Gillett handball, the Brighton penalty, even the Forest one. They're all the kind of marginal decisions you have to expect throughout the season, not a catalogue of disastrous errors.

I thought Keane could easily have conceded a penalty in the first half at Bolton when he tried to pull back Lee but nobody mentions the marginal decisions in our favour.

When it comes down to it, you'd have to be fairly blinkered to suggest we aren't where we deserve to be in the table - especially given some people's opinions of Whitbread, Waghorn and even the likes of De Laet and Dyer...

Are you seriously suggesting the Blackpool penalty as a case of us gaining points? He should have given the 2 previous ones so although technically we gained a debatable penalty and 3 points, we got the win we should have had anyway and possibly by 2 goals instead of 1

This is another complete fallacy. The entire outcome of a game isn't decided by who scores first. We'll never know how that Blackpool game might have turned out had we been awarded a penalty earlier. The play would have unfolded completely differently.

Try reading the whole thread or at least the previous page where I said I don't believe for a second that it's a conspiracy, just an unfortunate tendancy to concede goals and lose points as a direct result of poor decisions against us and not gain any from poor decisions in our favour

Try reading the whole thread or at least the previous page where I said I don't believe for a second that it's a conspiracy, just an unfortunate tendancy to concede goals and lose points as a direct result of poor decisions against us and not gain any from poor decisions in our favour

But the kind of decisions you are talking about could still only ever be decided by personal opinion - if you read the referee forum link posted in the General Football and Sport forum then you'll see they all agreed with the Forest penalty decision.

So how would technology have helped us gain more points so far this season?

Referring decisions that still come down to personal opinion isn't going to solve this so-called problem of matches being decided by referees rather than players. A much more sensible idea is for people to acknowledge that refereeing decisions made on the field instantaneously play a part in how the season pans out.

He was basically level. Hardly shocking.

The Gillett handball, the Brighton penalty, even the Forest one. They're all the kind of marginal decisions you have to expect throughout the season, not a catalogue of disastrous errors.

I thought Keane could easily have conceded a penalty in the first half at Bolton when he tried to pull back Lee but nobody mentions the marginal decisions in our favour.

When it comes down to it, you'd have to be fairly blinkered to suggest we aren't where we deserve to be in the table - especially given some people's opinions of Whitbread, Waghorn and even the likes of De Laet and Dyer...

And Palace? You'd also reminded me of the Forest handball. I accept your point about Brighton and Forest's penalties, yes they could have gone, and do go, either way. They are marginal decisions, and I can forgive the referee there. (though it's odd how these ones go against us more often than not)

Vardy goal v Blackburn, Palace and Forest handballs are not marginal. These are clear-cut, blatant decisions and failure to give these correctly means the laws of the game are not being fairly applied. How often do you see an entire stadium appeal for handball and it not be given? That's how clear the two handballs were.

This is another complete fallacy. The entire outcome of a game isn't decided by who scores first. We'll never know how that Blackpool game might have turned out had we been awarded a penalty earlier. The play would have unfolded completely differently.

Of course it would, we could have won 10-0. But I certainly wouldn't say we were fortunate to get a penalty and the win when the first trip on Vardy was a much better shout than the one that was given and the Dyer one was a stonewaller.

And Palace? You'd also reminded me of the Forest handball. I accept your point about Brighton and Forest's penalties, yes they could have gone, and do go, either way. They are marginal decisions, and I can forgive the referee there. (though it's odd how these ones go against us more often than not)

Vardy goal v Blackburn, Palace and Forest handballs are not marginal. These are clear-cut, blatant decisions and failure to give these correctly means the laws of the game are not being fairly applied. How often do you see an entire stadium appeal for handball and it not be given? That's how clear the two handballs were.

This all comes back to why you think they weren't given - if you don't think the laws were fairly applied, does that mean you think it's more likely that the referees in those games didn't want us to win than they made an honest decision based on what they saw at the time?

I will also add that I think this is an interesting discussion and it'd be intriguing to know what fans of any of the clubs who may have gained a benefit from these decisions think about it.

There's also one decision that stands out to me where I think a referee was far too quick to send a player off based on what seemed like a power trip rather than any offence which had taken place - Schmeichel's sending-off at Forest last season, one of the worst decisions I've ever seen on a football pitch.

But those two weren't given and if the third hadn't we wouldn't have gained those two points. :dunno:

I wish people were more willing to account for opinion/chance/error in the deciding of football matches. It's not meant to be a perfect science.

This is the point that you made and i'm saying that we would all be more willing to accept it if it did even itself out. If we lost points due to poor decisions in one game and gained them back in another we could all accept that. If it evened itself out for the rest of the season from this point and we end up in 7th, missing 1st by less than the amount of points we've lost already, you're happy to accept that are you?

This is the point that you made and i'm saying that we would all be more willing to accept it if it did even itself out. If we lost points due to poor decisions in one game and gained them back in another we could all accept that. If it evened itself out for the rest of the season from this point and we end up in 7th, missing 1st by less than the amount of points we've lost already, you're happy to accept that are you?

Yes, of course, because I have no reason to believe any decisions given against us are made in anything other than good faith and I accept that referees are a part of football.

Anyway, there's nothing to say that the teams finishing in the top six wouldn't all have had even more allegedly blatant penalties denied than us.

Archived