Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
corbyfox1884

Football has a habit of evening things up ......

After the disgraceful injustice of last weekends result , and how we all know that over the season justice will prevail , is it worth having a little cheeky bet on City winning at the City ground on the last weekend of the season with a winner from Zak Whitbread which gives us promotion to the promised land and the trees languishing in 7th ? I would love it , love it !!!

Our problem is not that we don't get decisions in our favour but that when we do get them they tend not to alter the result. Invariably when they go against us it costs us points. We've lost 8 points already this season and gained none through poor decisions. That will add up to 24 at the end of the season if it carries on at the same rate. It's been the same for the last 2 seasons as well

granted that the decision at the weekend was a poor one at best but we can't get into the habbit of blaming the refs all the time. the simple fact is that we have dominated pretty much every game this season in the midfield and carved out chance after chance but not finished them. we have had 100+ corners without converting one. the simple fact is if we were a more clinical team in front of goal then we would have had a 2+ goal cushion in all the games which poor refereeing decisions have cost us and therefore would have no direct affect on the final outcome.

thats just the way i personally see it.

It's a myth that poor ref decisions even themselves out over the course of a season. The year we were relegated

to Div 1 we lost at least 10pts due to bad refs. This season we are already 8-10pts down and I doubt we'll ever get

them back.

Where's your proof.

Yes, I would.

I've said before when I've believed we were fortunate. A couple of years ago against Doncaster we were given a penalty I didn't think was. We also got away with a Konchesky red card vs Swindon.

I don't believe they even themselves out though, just seems a cliche used to cover up bad decisions. There have no doubt been times when we've benefitted from a greater number of poor decisions than been hindered.

I don't remember exactly the penalty against Blackpool this season, but seem to recall it being a bit fortunate & I wouldn't have been happy if it had been given against us. That penalty gave us 3pts instead of just the 1pt.

That said, I cannot think of another decision going our way & plenty going against

I don't remember exactly the penalty against Blackpool this season, but seem to recall it being a bit fortunate & I wouldn't have been happy if it had been given against us. That penalty gave us 3pts instead of just the 1pt.

That said, I cannot think of another decision going our way & plenty going against

We had two very strong shouts for penalties within 5 minutes of the dubious one we were given. We didn't benefit from poor refereeing that day, at least on a net basis.

If you remember the Blackpool game correctly, there were 2 penalty shouts before the one that was given. One on Vardy and Dyer being hacked down from behind just as he was about to shoot. The ref blew up for the worst of the three but I don't consider it fortunate as he should have awarded the others. So, as far as i'm concerned, we got the 3 points that we should have got

Yes Blackpool was not a nailed on penalty, but we do seem to have had some horrible decisions against us, Vardy's offside goal at Blackburn and their offside first goal spring to mind, as much as we are fans our biased we do seem to have deserved about 3 penalties a game.

I do think the decisions even themselves out, but not over a season, over a lifetime, I have been fortunate to see us win 2 major trophies, 2 play-off finals and many great victories that we probably didn't always deserve.

The myth about stuff evening out is total bollocks. Only that Morgan foul this season was contentious for us, but we won that 2-0 anyway. The Vardy pen against Blackpool should not have been a pen but we should have had 2 more in that game anyway.

The amount of bad decisions we have had since our relegation season is insane. I can not remember us ever having a game changing decision where i have thought the ref had completely got it wrong to benefit us. We just never seem to get the shit refereeing decisions on our side. It really has cost us over the last few years too.

Would any of our fans be honest enough to admit any decisions have been evened up or that when we have been given a decision that shouldn't have gone our way?

Doubt it.

I honestly would. You only have to read my views on our team & support to prove that I'm not actually biased towards us (if I'm being serious), and I'm 100% certain our luck with refs isn't just bad, it's absolutely horrific, I'm actually stunned by it.

so... its only Leicester that suffers from poor decisions and every other team in the league is on the positive end?

Seriously??

Its a game, the imperfections of players, managers and officials is what makes it so wonderful and so crushing or uplifting. If you want perfection go and watch science experiments.

It's a myth that poor ref decisions even themselves out over the course of a season.

Biggest lie in football.

The myth about stuff evening out is total bollocks.

A habit of evening itself up? I'm still waiting. lol

Has anyone said that?

lol yes they have.

so... its only Leicester that suffers from poor decisions and every other team in the league is on the positive end?

Seriously??

Its a game, the imperfections of players, managers and officials is what makes it so wonderful and so crushing or uplifting. If you want perfection go and watch science experiments.

No-one said that we're the only team that suffers from them. Of course other teams lose points through poor decisions but they also gain them. Over the last 3 seasons though, when we have had decisions in our favour they haven't affected the result so we haven't gained points. They do have a nasty habit of costing us points though. If every poor decision against us didn't affect the result, I wouldn't care and I wouldn't care about them if we actually gained points through them for a change, then like everyone else we could say it's evened itself out over the season. For us, it hasn't

Has anyone said that?

I'd love to see a big analysis of refereeing displays to see who has genuinely been fvcked over. If we weren't in the top 6 in this league I would be STUNNED. In-fact make that top 2/3.

I agree with this, if only for the fact that if other teams are witnessing ref displays as poor as we are (that's bad decisions both ways) then the state of refereeing in this division really needs to be looked at.

Archived