Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester - Celtic Match Thread

Just found a copy of tonights game from the cleltic feed..

you'll have to use Bit torrent to download..heres the link

http://fbtz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28007

hope it works ok..I'm downloading now, so I've no idea of quality

Looks like the peers down...seem to remember read that the guy seeding was switching his pc off, but it should be back tomorrow

ahh..ok..didn't work out..

dont try and download

check the same thread tommorow should be sorted then

140743[/snapback]

any chance you can send the torrent when you have it tomorrow. PM me for email addy.

Just found a copy of tonights game from the cleltic feed..

you'll have to use Bit torrent to download..heres the link

http://fbtz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28007

hope it works ok..I'm downloading now, so I've no idea of quality

Looks like the peers down...seem to remember read that the guy seeding was switching his pc off, but it should be back tomorrow

ahh..ok..didn't work out..

dont try and download

check the same thread tommorow should be sorted then

140743[/snapback]

any chance you can send the torrent when you have it tomorrow. PM me for email addy.

140754[/snapback]

No probs

I think it was a good peformance by our boys.

Shame about James, he looked really good.

MDV looked a lot sharper, Williams was impressive for me.

Those of you who would like to see Dion at the back are wrong IMO.

Our defence will be great this year once we have a peoper left back. Maybury, Nils and Paddy look quality... don't see Stearman as a left back alhough he had a good game after a poor start in my opinion. Aslo Gerrbrand looked nice and composed.

Stearman and Tiatto need to stop flying in for tackles like mad men.

Sylla looked fantastic and possesed some classy skills.

I didn't really see the tackle that brokes James leg properly, to me it looked like a 50/50 ball and both went for it, but I had a crap view of it.

What I disliked:

End of Wesoloski's game / season - No news yet on how bad a break it is?? (Couldn't really tell if it was a bad tackle or bad luck)

Petrov's(?) inability to stay vertical if anyone touched his hair

Leicester fans singing ingerland ingerland etc - Pure intimidation

Leicester fans singing rangers,rangers etc - Pure intimidation

Leicester's inability to score from corners

Leicester's inability to score

What I liked

General fitness level of Leicester players

Momo Sylla - Outstanding

James Wesoloski - Whilst he was on - Very promising

Gareth Williams - Played well

MDV - When Sylla won a corner he congratulated him as if he'd won a penalty

MDV - From the resulting corner Dublin blazed a header well over - MDV gave him a good pat on the head for his effort and also congratulated Williams(?) for the corner - I like that positive spirit

Dublin - Congratulating Boruc for his save from Williams - Good sportsmanship

What really surprised me

Celtic were ordinary

Celtic were outplayed (Should also be in What I Liked section) :)

East stand empty

Celtic fans silence (remember the previous Celtic game at Filbo?)

What I disliked:

End of Wesoloski's game / season - No news yet on how bad a break it is?? (Couldn't really tell if it was a bad tackle or bad luck)

What I liked

Momo Sylla - Outstanding

MDV - From the resulting corner Dublin blazed a header well over - MDV gave him a good pat on the head for his effort and also congratulated Williams(?) for the corner - I like that positive spirit

What really surprised me

Celtic were ordinary

Celtic were outplayed (Should also be in What I Liked section)  :)

East stand empty

140783[/snapback]

Good team spirit in general. Maybury and Sylla gave each other hifgh fives throughout the game and Douglas seemed to command his back four well which is good to hear. Maybury and McCarthy seem to have struck up a good friendship too. Nice to hear Wilcox get a warm welcome. Didn't like to see the three older players (Dublin, Tiatto and Wilcox) warming up together instead of helping out the younger lads and also Dublin didn't take part in the shooting practice eventhough he payed the game upfront.

What I disliked:

What I liked

Momo Sylla - Outstanding

What really surprised me

Celtic were ordinary

Celtic were outplayed (Should also be in What I Liked section)  :)

East stand empty

140783[/snapback]

Good team spirit in general. Maybury and Sylla gave each other hifgh fives throughout the game and Douglas seemed to command his back four well which is good to hear. Maybury and McCarthy seem to have struck up a good friendship too. Nice to hear Wilcox get a warm welcome. Didn't like to see the three older players (Dublin, Tiatto and Wilcox) warming up together instead of helping out the younger lads and also Dublin didn't take part in the shooting practice eventhough he payed the game upfront.

140821[/snapback]

they went mc donalds together, i guess they are good friends now :)

Gudjonnson booked for pulling shirt

Balde gets away with injuring a player...  :mad:

140715[/snapback]

Diabolical that, especially in a friendly. My first reaction was that the City hard-cases should have retailiated big time but that wouldn't help Wes, or City or football.

No, the real answer lies not in retaliation but in lasting punishment for the same length of time as Wes might be out.

Deliberate or not, it seemed an unforgiveable tackle in a friendly so Strachan should call Balde in tomorrow and, if video evidence proves the tackle was as bad and irresponsible as it appeared tell him he won't be playing again for Celtic, full stop.

Then he should leave him on the sidelines to rot until Weslowski plays again (if he plays again). That's what I would do but I bet it doesn't happen.

Gudjonnson booked for pulling shirt

Balde gets away with injuring a player...  :mad:

140715[/snapback]

Diabolical that, especially in a friendly. My first reaction was that the City hard-cases should have retailiated big time but that wouldn't help Wes, or City or football.

No, the real answer lies not in retaliation but in lasting punishment for the same length of time as Wes might be out.

Deliberate or not, it seemed an unforgiveable tackle in a friendly so Strachan should call Balde in tomorrow and, if video evidence proves the tackle was as bad and irresponsible as it appeared tell him he won't be playing again for Celtic, full stop.

Then he should leave him on the sidelines to rot until Weslowski plays again (if he plays again). That's what I would do but I bet it doesn't happen.

140832[/snapback]

Why does it always happen to us?

Firstly well played to you lot, but we were pish. All the bad points of the MON era seem to have been taken forward.

Hartson and Varga still getting a game is a joke.

Stan Petrov on the right when he should be in the centre.

A midfield of Sutton and Lennon won't work - too slow. Sutton should be up front.

Too many bad points about our performance and hopefully there'll be big changes for the first league game.

That number 3 of yours could have injured someone the way Balde did. He was flying into tackles left right and centre and we're lucky no Celtic player got injured. He must have hacked Stan about 20 times.

Firstly well played to you lot, but we were pish. All the bad points of the MON era seem to have been taken forward.

A midfield of Sutton and Lennon won't work - too slow. Sutton should be up front.

Too many bad points about our performance and hopefully there'll be big changes for the first league game.

That number 3 of yours could have injured someone the way Balde did. He was flying into tackles left right and centre and we're lucky no Celtic player got injured. He must have hacked Stan about 20 times.

140846[/snapback]

Our #3 is Kinsorbo - he's injured.

What did the guy look like so we can work out who was taking chunks out of all your players? lol.

140846[/snapback]

What did the guy look like so we can work out who was taking chunks out of all your players? lol.

140852[/snapback]

Stearman

140846[/snapback]

140852[/snapback]

Stearman

140854[/snapback]

Ah!

He's young, and trying to prove he's a strong dependable defender who always wins takles when needed. So he probably just gets over eager when there's a challenge to be made.

That or he's a vicious git with a view to breaking someone's leg :ermm:

if De Vries can play like that against celtic, i am sure we have a good striker for next season tbh, i really didnt like him last season but that preformance has shown me a diffrent light, i hope it wasnt just fluke and he really is as good as that :)...

I think levein is getting the best out of his players, something adams was crap at and seemed to get the worst out of ours :P, lets just hope the goals start going in and the defending tightens up :) and we should be winning the leauge!! :Plol

What was MDV like in th air last night? I thought last season he was ok with the ball on the ground but shrank by about 2ft when he jumped. I'm hoping this was a fitness / confidence thing. He needs an early goal when the season starts but I think he'll have a good season for us. It's strange but our season probably rests on his shoulders as I can't see Levein not playing him as he's his man (so to speak!).

Can anybody tell me why De Vries and Momo Sylla were both wearing last seasons shirts :S

140870[/snapback]

They weren't; at least MDV wan't. Check out the OS Pic Special.

140880[/snapback]

They both were in the second half... Blood shirts? :blink:

0,,10274~2703945,00.jpg

Archived