Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sk8 Beefy

Ground Catering

Did nobody go to Hillsborough? Compared to what that was like our ground is like Buckingham Palace! The standards of our stadium are so high it's easy to forget when you have to queue a few minutes for a pie, pint and a pee. Indeed, when you consider the 20+ minute food queue at Hillsborough a few weeks ago, in a cramped, dingy concourse with no room to queue and for people to move at the same time, you begin to appreciate the qualities of our ground.

I'm a food snob and a beer geek (non-beardy Camra beardy type :xmassmile: ) and I don't mind the offering down Filbo. Pukka Pies are the best in the country - though Peter's Pies at St Andrews were pretty good - and our prices are, shock horror, not amongst the highest in the league. Quit complaining and appreciate we don't have the dross Manchester United fans have to put up with (Old Trafford's facilities were woeful when I visited for the Olympic footy in the summer and their pies were awful!)

It's like our fans enjoy moaning or something :ph34r:

Eat before you. Cheaper and easier.

Aren't other stands allowed,outside for a fag at halftime? cos there's always a burger van outside our smoking arwa.

I never buy food at half time and will only buy a beer if we're on a seasion. Ecen then it enrails a none smoker to queue up at least 5mins before half time.. its impossible to have a fag piss and queue for a beer at our groubd. Impossible

Eat before you. Cheaper and easier.

Aren't other stands allowed,outside for a fag at halftime? cos there's always a burger van outside our smoking arwa.

I never buy food at half time and will only buy a beer if we're on a seasion. Ecen then it enrails a none smoker to queue up at least 5mins before half time.. its impossible to have a fag piss and queue for a beer at our groubd. Impossible

What?

Try typing that again.

Or when you're sober...

lol

Did nobody go to Hillsborough? Compared to what that was like our ground is like Buckingham Palace! The standards of our stadium are so high it's easy to forget when you have to queue a few minutes for a pie, pint and a pee. Indeed, when you consider the 20+ minute food queue at Hillsborough a few weeks ago, in a cramped, dingy concourse with no room to queue and for people to move at the same time, you begin to appreciate the qualities of our ground.

I'm a food snob and a beer geek (non-beardy Camra beardy type :xmassmile: ) and I don't mind the offering down Filbo. Pukka Pies are the best in the country - though Peter's Pies at St Andrews were pretty good - and our prices are, shock horror, not amongst the highest in the league. Quit complaining and appreciate we don't have the dross Manchester United fans have to put up with (Old Trafford's facilities were woeful when I visited for the Olympic footy in the summer and their pies were awful!)

It's like our fans enjoy moaning or something :ph34r:

Heres the thing though. Im ungrateful that our concourse areas are as they are and are unlike hillsborough. Were at the football, not an executive box at the national.

You go to grounds like hillsborough knowing what to expect, its an old stadium. Going to ours is a modern visual experience but a throwback to the 70s (im guessing) in terms of service

Maybe this is why everyone is so quiet at the KP ?

It's the naff catering and poor service and if its just as bad in the VIP area no wonder Nuge heads for Nando's. Could that be the answer ? Costa Coffee and Nando's ?

Yeah, probably because all the singers piss off to the concourse about 10 minutes before half time and don't come back till 10 minutes after.

I eat before I leave the house, have a few pints on the way to the ground and a few pints on the way back, I think the only time I've ever used the kiosks is to get a couple of bovrils for me and my granddad at half time once and even that was a ****ing joke. Having said that, I honestly can't understand why anyone's moaning about our catering - you know what to expect because it's the same week in, week out, if you don't like queueing up for 25 minutes for a shit pie and a flat pint, then don't do it; it was Einstein who defined madness as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Surely you can go 90 minutes without eating or having a beer?

If enough people showed their displeasure by taking their business elsewhere, you can bet the caterers would pull their fingers out pretty sharpish.

Archived