Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

A Pearson Player?

There are some players that you just bend the rules a bit for.

He was on of 'em :)

To an extent, yes, but you're talking about a completely different era and culture of professionalism and commitment in football.

Let's not pretend any player would get away with the antics of Best, Worthington or Friday these days without major backlash.

To an extent, yes, but you're talking about a completely different era and culture of professionalism and commitment in football.

Let's not pretend any player would get away with the antics of Best, Worthington or Friday these days without major backlash.

Players still get away with stuff if they are good enough .

On the whole you are right but what about Balotelli having a punchup with Mancini? I was amazed that Mancini stuck up for him afterwards.

On the whole you are right but what about Balotelli having a punchup with Mancini? I was amazed that Mancini stuck up for him afterwards.

Is Balotelli starting, week in, week out without any consequence?

He's completely sabotaging his own carreer. Mancini might be saving face publicly but Mario clearly isn't "getting away with" his behaviour, is he? His City days would be well numbered if it wasn't for the fact he's made himself practically un-signable.

Similarly look at Tevez, clearly an amazing talent, probably more so than Balotelli, forced in to exile for showing up Mancini?

You probably want to re-read the text you quoted if you think I'm implying otherwise.

Sorry i don't get you , I think very little has changed in football ( or in life). you seem to be implying things are much different now .

All I'm saying is that just like then , if a player is something special he will get away with more than the average journeyman who would not

Sorry i don't get you , I think very little has changed in football ( or in life). you seem to be implying things are much different now .

All I'm saying is that just like then , if a player is something special he will get away with more than the average journeyman who would not

Just because a good player can still push the boundaries a little bit that doesn't mean nothing has changed.

Cristiano Ronaldo is hardly training about ten minutes a week and shirking the build up to games to go boozing and shagging is he? And we all know Mourinho would bench him in a flash if he tried half the shit Best or Friday pulled. Standards have changed massively.

Look at Ronaldinho, probably the best player in the world at the time he slipped off the rails and was essentially chucked out by Barca for partying too hard. Fat Ronaldo let himself slide and was pretty much ditched back to Brazil because nobody else in Europe wanted to give him a leading role in his condition.

If a player took Worthington's approach these days he'd be criminally unfit compared to his colleagues, awfully off the pace and wouldn't get near a Premiership first eleven.

Just because a good player can still push the boundaries a little bit that doesn't mean nothing has changed.

Cristiano Ronaldo is hardly training about ten minutes a week and shirking the build up to games to go boozing and shagging is he? And we all know Mourinho would bench him in a flash if he tried half the shit Best or Friday pulled. Standards have changed massively.

Look at Ronaldinho, probably the best player in the world at the time he slipped off the rails and was essentially chucked out by Barca for partying too hard. Fat Ronaldo let himself slide and was pretty much ditched back to Brazil because nobody else in Europe wanted to give him a leading role in his condition.

If a player took Worthington's approach these days he'd be criminally unfit compared to his colleagues, awfully off the pace and wouldn't get near a Premiership first eleven.

Sorry but I disagree , there would be loads of managers willing to take the risk on him .

He certainly wasn't criminally unfit then and he wouldn't be now in comparison , but that's just IMO :thumbup:

My boyhood hero, I don't think what he did with his feet would ever be a problem with NP :P the rest is pure conjecture but brings a smile to my face :D

Was my hero too. Inspired me to get into football and all the wonderful things that gave rise to subsequently. Loved that man.

Archived