Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Season ticket top up

Opinion has it that City have sold around 14,500 season tickets so far (about 1,500 down on the same stage last year) and if I were the manager I'd be pretty keen to boost that number.

With a realistic potential of £0.25-0.5 million in season ticket sales at stake I would say new signings are still a certainty and a lack of them would be courting disaster.

Furthermore they need to be high enough profile to get the supporters going and put bums on seats.

The Plymouth guy hardly fits the bill (useful though he may be) so who would?

I don't think we're in the position to attract well known players that will bring more fans in.

But if we do well, then we should average a decent amount over the season because all the part time petes will come back.

And 14,500 isn't awful considering the season we just had.

As KC says, 14,500 STH is a fair amount considering last season's performances. I don't think we'll get much more than that irrespective of any new signings, even if they are big names.

The only thing that will boost attendances is if we make a good start to the season and are challenging for the playoffs for most of the campaign.

Opinion has it that City have sold around 14,500 season tickets so far (about 1,500 down on the same stage last year) and if I were the manager I'd be pretty keen to boost that number.

With a realistic potential of £0.25-0.5 million in season ticket sales at stake I would say new signings are still a certainty and a lack of them would be courting disaster.

Furthermore they need to be high enough profile to get the supporters going and put bums on seats.

The Plymouth guy hardly fits the bill (useful though he may be) so who would?

143006[/snapback]

We signed high profile players last summer and that didn't work. Signing Martin Keowns and Dion Dublins might attract people for the short term but when they realised that as a team we were awful, people weren't going to keep coming. If Gilbert signs for us and is an important part of a successful team next season then fans will come back.

This probably isn't the way to look at it from a clubs point of view because fans = money.

BUT for all us fans who have bought and have renewed ST just be proud and just be safe in the knowledge that you have supported the team through thick and thin, we may all have our moans about the team but when/if we start playing well and all the fans come flooding back just be proud thicking where we're all these when we were supporting the club through thin times, just take pride in knowing the fans that will come flooding back are glory hunters!

:P Hehe, makes me laugh when people are called glory hunters when they come to watch us. :D

143037[/snapback]

Spose it does lol

But they don't wanna know when we play rubbish but when we start playing well and start winning again they all come flooding back - Glory hunters, they only want to see the team the "support" win!

This probably isn't the way to look at it from a clubs point of view because fans = money.

BUT for all us fans who have bought and have renewed ST just be proud and just be safe in the knowledge that you have supported the team through thick and thin, we may all have our moans about the team but when/if we start playing well and all the fans come flooding back just be proud thicking where we're all these when we were supporting the club through thin times, just take pride in knowing the fans that will come flooding back are glory hunters!

143035[/snapback]

Well said. If you've sat through the shit it'll make you appreciate the success even more. Beating Charlton felt so much sweeter having watched some absolute rubbish for the majority of the season.

143035[/snapback]

Well said. If you've sat through the shit it'll make you appreciate the success even more. Beating Charlton felt so much sweeter having watched some absolute rubbish for the majority of the season.

143045[/snapback]

Definately agree with that, ironically i wont be renewing this year, i would love to but the people i usually go with have decided they dont want to go :( however the upside is, they want to go to more away games :) so i wont be missing out completely.

Definately agree with that, ironically i wont be renewing this year, i would love to but the people i usually go with have decided they dont want to go :( however the upside is, they want to go to more away games :) so i wont be missing out completely.

143050[/snapback]

People do go on their own & make new friends, why not give that a try?

I'm only 15 aswell so there are also travel requirements and things like that. I have a feeling that the people i usually go with will decide they want to renew at christmas when we are flying high in the league :D

Archived