Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

The Priority is Automatic Promotion

I think this article in the Guardian last March was very apt all City fans should be reminded of it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/16/leicester-city-fa-cup-chelsea

Now of course all City fans would like a cup run with our exit you could say NP is pulling all his eggs in one basket for the league but I don't see it like that their was always an impression that NP wasn't concerned about the cup's lets face it we don't have the strength in depth to cope with two competitions yet maybe when we are an established prem team we can do so but for now the aim is automatic promotion Cardiff did the right thing in playing a load of youngsters/fringe players against Macclesfield now look where they are in the league first time against Huddersfield in the cup we should of played our youth team players and fringe players and be done with it and lose so we can focus on promotion trouble is with 4,000 City fans making the journey NP would feel short changed in doing so playing a weakened squad, therefore their was an element of caution.

Now we are finally out the cup that is it NP knows what he is doing the prize of promotion will see us bank a lot of money £120m plus the TV revenue overseas you have to trust his judgement I certainly do.

I'd much rather see us win the cup than get promoted. Ofcourse I'd love to see us back in the top division, but to win the cup would be amazing and I'm quite disappointed with the attitude NP, with his selections, and many of the fans have had towards the cup.

Some City fans are oblivious to the amount of debt the club is in the only way to get rid of that debt is to get promotion preferably automatically it is quite simple really sacrifices have to be made and unfortunately a cup run is a distraction that we could do without so themanagement is right in that regards to treat the cup with disdain

I'd much rather see us win the cup than get promoted. Ofcourse I'd love to see us back in the top division, but to win the cup would be amazing and I'm quite disappointed with the attitude NP, with his selections, and many of the fans have had towards the cup.

I get this.

But resource management is needed and the chances of winning the cup when for some very big Premiership it's their only chance of silverware you'd have to say it's not realistic.

If you could choose a path (of course that's not possible, but if you could)

I'd much rather get promoted either as Champions or in the playoffs.

Stay in the PL.

Become established away from the bottom of the PL.

Pump resources into the two cups for a chance of silverware and Europe.

• 1. Having a good cup run and getting promotion are NOT mutually exclusive
  • 2. Trying to win a cup game and winning it does NOT necessarily negatively impact on our future chances of getting promotion. Indeed, it might actually enhance those prospects, positive vibes etc.
  • I don't see that resting key players and giving fringe players an opportunity achieves that much, save potential injuries to those key players being rested.
  • Those of us that had the misfortune to go last night subscribe to the above viewpoints, call us romanticists if you will. But to lose any game HURTS and to lose like that hurts even more.

I'm afraid I think this is yet again making excuses.

There was no reason whatsoever that we couldn't and shouldn't have beaten Huddersfield's reserves last night AND continued to do well in the league. None.

It makes me wonder whether the lads really fancied Wigan on Sunday? I personally think that was another reason why the Wigan draw was such a poor one. It would have been interesting to see whether the club and the players were 'up for it' last night if the next round was Arsenal away for example.

Yes, I guess losing does give us the opportunity now to focus on the league. But don't be fooled that last nights performance wasn't pants, because generally it was. And very winnable.

Crikey... Didn't they start with Alan Lee! Up front?

lol

Pearson pissed in he faces of everyone who has spent money supporting Leicester in this seasons FA cup.

Can we blame him? He will probably be sacked if we dont get promoted this season.

This has just increased the pressure and expectation. If we get promoted then great plan but just because we opted out of one competition does it mean we will suddenly stop dropping points in the league?

Pearson pissed in he faces of everyone who has spent money supporting Leicester in this seasons FA cup.

Can we blame him? He will probably be sacked if we dont get promoted this season.

This has just increased the pressure and expectation. If we get promoted then great plan but just because we opted out of one competition does it mean we will suddenly stop dropping points in the league?

But he gave us great value for money in the cup last season, yet little in the league.

This time it's different. I don't like it but I understand. Pearson's remit is to get promotion, and that has to take priority.

Archived