Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ford Super Sunday

Sky TV- The Ultimate Power

This fee, with the integration of the new, Sky exclusive contract, has now reduced to £80,000 for the home team.

Still, We'll have received £560,000 in fees while Huddersfield will have had a mere £80,000 by seasons end.

So will that cover Beckfords wages?

The fault lies with West Yorkshire Police on this one. Rather than repeat my thought's on this I'll direct you to the discussion in General Football and Sport.

Anyone who is more intrigued will find all the info they need on the following two threads on the Amber Nectar Forum. Linkywoo1 Linkywoo2

We don't want what WYP are doing to set a precedent for the rest of the country. It beggars belief. I hear Burley & Blackburn have had similar issues as well with their Policing arrangements. It could easily start to affect Forest Vs City games if a clear message is not sent that it will not be tolerated.

why do fans here hate sky coverage?

For some of us sky is a vital service as we cant make it to games and its the only way to watch my beloved club.

The modern game isnt all about fans in the ground anymore, plus you still get to attend anyway. Is attending fans the only reason to refuse sky? as thats a minor reason.

The fault lies with West Yorkshire Police on this one. Rather than repeat my thought's on this I'll direct you to the discussion in General Football and Sport.

Anyone who is more intrigued will find all the info they need on the following two threads on the Amber Nectar Forum. Linkywoo1Linkywoo2

We don't want what WYP are doing to set a precedent for the rest of the country. It beggars belief. I hear Burley & Blackburn have had similar issues as well with their Policing arrangements. It could easily start to affect Forest Vs City games if a clear message is not sent that it will not be tolerated.

So its nothing to do with HTFC reluctance to use some of the Sky money to pay WYP for the extra policing, money which could be recouped from extra ticket sales?

“In conjunction with the police, we discussed options and solutions to reduce the policing costs and risk associated with the game." HTFC

All policing costs in and around the ground are paid by HTFC. Policing outside those areas are paid for by WYP

They (HTFC) minimise any policing costs they pay whilst taking said Sky money.

Its also a category "A" game now , to whose advantage? HTFC of course, maximise any gate receipts.

WYP are being made the scapegoats here, wake up and smell the coffee, HTFC are equally complicit.

Greed is good as they say, screw the fans, they're just casualties caught in the cross fire.

I don't get why people moan about tv ? Our club like most now days is owned by a non club fan, this means we are a business and being screened on sky brings in revenue to the club and also helps raise our profile around the uk and overseas. The Thai's have invested a lot of time and money into our club and they want to see a return on that. I know it pisses off season ticket holders but that's life now days of a football fan. If we get promoted it will only get worst but I would love to see us in 10 years time on the box every weekend like utd or Chelsea ! P.s we don't want the thai's to lose interest and pull out if we are always losing a stack of money each season as well .

Why people moan about sky tv :

1. The lower attendances produce a poorer atmosphere; this is a vital part of what they now call 'the match day experience'.

2. The kick off times are changed, ruining people's plans; sometimes affecting booked trains etc.

3. The extra money has not benefitted the fans very much, only the players, agents and clubs.

As for the police refusing to police certain kick off times, this must be resisted at all costs. Imagine if your wonderful sky tv change the kick off for one of our away games, then the police impose travel restrictions - only 1500 are allowed to go and must go in some horrid convoy. Free country, my arse!

Only the far away, elderly and infirm have my understanding for paying Murdoch any money for messing up our match days. Anyone else can get off the sofa and go to the game.

So its nothing to do with HTFC reluctance to use some of the Sky money to pay WYP for the extra policing, money which could be recouped from extra ticket sales?

“In conjunction with the police, we discussed options and solutions to reduce the policing costs and risk associated with the game." HTFC

All policing costs in and around the ground are paid by HTFC. Policing outside those areas are paid for by WYP

They (HTFC) minimise any policing costs they pay whilst taking said Sky money.

Its also a category "A" game now , to whose advantage? HTFC of course, maximise any gate receipts.

WYP are being made the scapegoats here, wake up and smell the coffee, HTFC are equally complicit.

Greed is good as they say, screw the fans, they're just casualties caught in the cross fire.

I really has nothing to do with HTFC. They are losing money by not being able to fill the away end, we have been restricted to 1500.

HTFC still have to pay for policing at and around the ground, it's WYP that will be saving money by not having to commit resources further afield by placing the draconian travel restrictions.

The category A status was demanded by the Police, not HTFC.

why do fans here hate sky coverage?

For some of us sky is a vital service as we cant make it to games and its the only way to watch my beloved club.

The modern game isnt all about fans in the ground anymore, plus you still get to attend anyway. Is attending fans the only reason to refuse sky? as thats a minor reason.

That's the main gripe, it does prevent fans from attending if games are moved from Saturday to a weekday.

I can understand 1 or 2 being moved, but 7 is too many and frankly unfair on the other clubs.

To only have 7 Saturday 3pm kick-offs is wrong.

Oh well, at least Sky have fucked up and look prats by putting their faith into us and their obsession of moving our games because they thought we'd be in the mix of automatic spots/nailed on for the playoffs at the very least.

Oh well, at least Sky have fucked up and look prats by putting their faith into us and their obsession of moving our games because they thought we'd be in the mix of automatic spots/nailed on for the playoffs at the very least.

It's not a coincidence, it's all part of the AMF plan to destroy Sky.

Archived