Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

potentially more big news?

So were 85.4 million in debt and thats ok is it?.

Share capital has been increased by 60 odd million and the stadium to be owned by the club so actually our balance sheet is around break even. So we won't be £85m in debt. No it doesn't worry me one bit. But then it never did.

Hi mate, I believe they will have to reissue more shares which they can then sell to themselves.

In simple terms if you have 100million shares at 1 quid each the value of the company is 100million quid in your eyes. In reality its value is what someone will pay for it or if on stock exchange, what the market says it is worth.

So if for instance we needed another 100 million quid, the owners would have to reissue another 100million shares and sell those to themselves for 1quid each.

Now that all seems well and good but you now have 200million shares and the value of the company hasn't changed from the first issue, so 100million has been chucked away.

I think that's about right anyway

No worries mate, it is a mine field but something I like to try and understand cos of the politics area, nightmare. I actually think I've picked up a phobia from when we were in admin', everything seems bizarre financially to me now, lol!!

The loans converted to shares as well as the stadium on our books as an asset - will the FFP worriers now give up banging that drum???

Transferring the loans to shares this season may change the ongoing books in one sense, but it still doesn't change the fact that to meet FFP targets for the 2013/4 season the club can only make a maximum of a £3 million loss and inject into the club (in either shares or loans) a maximum of £5 million.

The season just reported the owners had to inject £36 million to finance the club, while wages will have been reduced they won't be zero (given wages were £27.7m), they will save circa £1.1 million for not having to pay Teachers interest on the stadium (that assumes to LCFC won't receive any "group" charges). Other than the £4m relating to the training ground (which would must likely not count for FFP as it benefits the Academy), there is still a long way to go to meet Championship FFP targets if we don't go up this season.

So that FFP drum certainly needs to continue to sound & be hit very hard when fans insist we need more signings

Archived