Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Falcon

No Options. No Good.

Saturday’s performance was an utter shambles and on the basis of that performance we won’t be going anywhere this season. I honestly believe Nigel Pearson is the man to take us up but we’re not there yet. He needs, and deserves in my view, more time to achieve that goal.

The lack of depth in this squad is becoming more evident as the season goes on but it shouldn’t overshadow the fact that this same group of players was one of the best footballing sides in the league not too long ago.

The problem we have is dealing with teams that shut the door. We don’t seem to have the knowhow in breaking sides like that down and dealing with the counter attack. This is basically because we have no plan B, no options at all to change our game plan.

Paul Gallagher is not a bloke you want to see us throwing on when we need some inspiration. Anthony Knockaert yes, but him aside, we had nothing else to offer from the bench.

Nigel Pearson has built a good side in my opinion but hasn’t assembled a squad that’s anywhere near good enough yet. The game on Saturday cried out for width. You can’t play the three big lads up top in a game as compact as that one was but who did we have available other than Knockaert to change things?

I’ve believed in us going up all season but after watching that shower on Saturday I very much doubt we’ll finish in the top six. I believe we have a good side but a squad good enough in competing to go up? No.

Could this drivel have not gone in one of the other 10 threads dedicated to bitching about the team? Im really bored of the negativity on this forum. Get behind the team instead of putting it down. We wont get promoted if people resign themselves to the idea we are going nowhere! We are more than capable of destroying the playoffs!

Saturday’s performance was an utter shambles and on the basis of that performance we won’t be going anywhere this season. I honestly believe Nigel Pearson is the man to take us up but we’re not there yet. He needs, and deserves in my view, more time to achieve that goal.

The lack of depth in this squad is becoming more evident as the season goes on but it shouldn’t overshadow the fact that this same group of players was one of the best footballing sides in the league not too long ago.

The problem we have is dealing with teams that shut the door. We don’t seem to have the knowhow in breaking sides like that down and dealing with the counter attack. This is basically because we have no plan B, no options at all to change our game plan.

Paul Gallagher is not a bloke you want to see us throwing on when we need some inspiration. Anthony Knockaert yes, but him aside, we had nothing else to offer from the bench.

Nigel Pearson has built a good side in my opinion but hasn’t assembled a squad that’s anywhere near good enough yet. The game on Saturday cried out for width. You can’t play the three big lads up top in a game as compact as that one was but who did we have available other than Knockaert to change things?

I’ve believed in us going up all season but after watching that shower on Saturday I very much doubt we’ll finish in the top six. I believe we have a good side but a squad good enough in competing to go up? No.

Pearsons job is to assemble a squad that is strong enough and good enough,to get us promoted, he hasn`t done it.

He had the the whole of last summer, and this january to bring in the players that were going to make us good enough and strong enough, but he didn`t do it, he thought we could just muddle through with a good first eleven, and a weak bench, well now we are paying the price.

The fact we are back to Wellens and Gallacher on the bench just sums it up!

We wont get promoted if people resign themselves to the idea we are going nowhere! We are more than capable of destroying the playoffs!

I think that the players and the manager's tactics (ho hum) may have a bit more to do with whether we go up or not than what the fans think.

Delusions of grandeur.

I think that the players and the manager's tactics (ho hum) may have a bit more to do with whether we go up or not than what the fans think.

Well obviously. But at the end of the day, the fans are the 12th man on the field. Its no coincidence that teams play better when the fans are really up for it, are positive and get right behind the team. We are the people who create the atmosphere within the club. If we're negative, then that rubs off all over the team and confidence drains away. You cant tell me you would play to your best potential if you had 20,000 people sat there huffing and puffing at you and then booing when things dont go our way.

Pearsons job is to assemble a squad that is strong enough and good enough,to get us promoted, he hasn`t done it.

He had the the whole of last summer, and this january to bring in the players that were going to make us good enough and strong enough, but he didn`t do it, he thought we could just muddle through with a good first eleven, and a weak bench, well now we are paying the price.

The fact we are back to Wellens and Gallacher on the bench just sums it up!

Pearson's job has been severely restricted by having to get the books back towards an even keel.

He's signed players for comparatively less money, and on massively less wages. All whilst shedding 30ish players, a sizeable number of them big name players on heft, most likely Premiership wages.

Wellens & Gallagher will be very hard to get rid of because of the contracts awarded to them by the previous management. Reality is they'll probably have to be paid off, taking a chunk of the owner's maximum investment of £5m with it... alongside weak non-achievers of Beckford, Danns & co.

Realities of building a competitive team, one that has reached the top of the table and never been out of the playoff places as a minimum once the games got into full swing... I'm afraid realities of book balancing & the team at the right end of the table throughout just sums it up!

​It doesn't hide or change our disastrous poor form, at a time that others are also finding it tough with Cardiff achieving 1 win in 4 (we had people calling for Pearson's head after just 2 defeats) and Hull conceding 10 goals in their last 3 games with Watford with 1 win 3. We urgently need to get wins under our belt before the teams outside the playoffs with less pressure on them bunch up any further.

We also have a lot of high earners that will be happy to stick around as they won't get their wages elsewhere. We will try and ship them out and replace them with players on less. You can't expect us to build a squad which breaks the bank. These players will go eventually which will free up cash to fund a decent squad. Rome wasn't built in a day...

Archived