Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
harwich fox

Don't blame the players its the managers fault

Both the Manager and the Players are at fault, for the majority of the season our form has been poor. After 12 games we were top with 25 points, since then we have taken 34 points from 26 games (the points total boosted by a run of 5 wins in a row).

The squad lacks mental toughness, is the the Managers fault or simply young players out of their depth, on 16 occassions this season we have conceded the first goal, from this position only twice have we gone on to win, full record W2 D3 L11 - We have taken 9 points out of 48.

Compare this with the 19 times we have scored the first goal - W15 D3 L1 - We have taken 48 points out of 57

Pearson has played various formations over the season, but the one area we have struggled in all season is Midfield, both in a lack of goals to support the strikers, creativity and physically. The 4 occassions he has played 3 central midfield we haven't won D2 L2, and for anyone watching it is blatantly obvious that Danny Drinkwater and Andy King do not work has a central midfield partnership, they have started together 24 times W9 D6 L9, constantly overrun, out muscled, out of position and give the defence no protection.

The Matty James & Danny Drinkwater have started 10 times together W8 D0 L2

What could be looked upon as a strength for Pearson of sticking loyally to cerrtain players or also hos downfall as it is percived by other players as favourtism and Pearson seems unable to cope with being challenged by players over his decisions.

The midfield has been poor in recent weeks, struggling physically against teams surely a fit Neil Danns would have been a credible option.

well Thai is a proper noun so Thais not Thai's

Again, why??

As in, why do you bother doing this correcting sh*t? Does it make you feel important? Many people make mistakes on here, some are typos some are just they can't spell or make grammatical errors.

Why do a small minority like yourself feel the need to correct people on here? As long as you understand what the poster is trying to say then respond to their post.

You would have been great in the late 30's and early 40's in Hitlers Germany, you would certainly have fitted in.

That's my rant for the morning, still pis**d off after yesterday.

I wouldn't blame it on anyone in particular, I believe it's both the players and the managers own fault.

Well the fact that Micky Adams got us promoted to the Premier league, while in administration, and with transfer embargos being forced upon us, may just make him our best manager since MON, in my opinion.

Oops ive replied to the Wrong Quote. It should have been the one above yours. Siily me! . :giggle:

Regardless the manager wil be taking the responsibilty.Couple of examples SSL and schlupp played pretty well in the week but he brought konch back and benched jeff.If de lait was fit he was probably the one to bring back as an attacking threat.Throughout last evening kasper was getting over excited and blasting the ball the length of the pitch was it beyound possible to get a message from the line to Kasper to pack it in and find a blue shirt.Clueless

"well Thai is a proper noun so Thais not Thai's...... " If your going to be the big critic, then at least know what you are talking about. An apostrophe shows possession or indicates a contraction. So it has little to do with a proper noun or not. Thai's team is correct, and so is the Thais took over the team. The first shows possession. Now do one and let us all sulk in peace.

Of course Pearson is as responsible for us performing below expectations this season as he was for us performing above them a few years ago. He has had plenty of time to assemble his own squad and has made straightforward, unavoidably clear errors.

There was a clear weakness in the centre of midfield and he didn't address it. He allowed one of our best youngsters to leave the club simply to train with another club who weren't going to use him this season. He repeatedly defended a side who, at first, were winning games and playing badly, then six weeks at a crucial point in the season, losing games and playing badly. The lengths he went to in order to be defensive of his players were absurd and, at times, his interviews lacked professionalism.

Had these players been forced to face up to expectations and the poorness of their performances back in February, or even after the Boro or Wolves games when we looked poor but won, then I doubt the malaise would have set in so spectacularly.

I suspect he will pay the price for his complacency.

Once it's established that Pearson is to blame, only with that understanding can we turn to the players. Our tendency to 'slump' was apparent, and a warning sign, much earlier in the season. It's not purely down to youth as our average age is just under 25 (I'm not sure where this notion of us being 'simply a bunch of kids' comes from, even though we clearly play like it).

We're not physically strong enough - that's undeniable - but mentally we are pitiable. King hides in games and shies from most 50-50s, Drinkwater looks like a rabbit in the headlights, Wood looks bored and Konchesky's career both here and elsewhere has been peppered with examples of him being hostile to the slightest criticism. It's a toothless, toothless team regardless of its ability to play a few tidy flicks when the going is good.

Archived