Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
harwich fox

Don't blame the players its the managers fault

:pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson:

Anyone with half an ounce of respect wouldn't touch Leicester with a 20ft pole if they knew how shocking our fans are.

Do you really think changing the manager now is going to magically make the same players start winning again?

You've identified the problems. I've heard elsewhere on this message board that we have the best fans in the World. What's your solution? How can we change the fans so a manager with self respect would come here? Pearson knew our fans so by your logic he has no self respect. Let's get rid!

Guest BlueBrett

I'm not sure how a man on the sidelines can get these bottlers to start playing the smooth, fluid passing football from earlier in the season?!

Well he could start by picking the best 11 players and sending them out in an appropriate formation. We'll leave tactics, training and team talks for another day once he has a grasp of the basics

Managers are the catalyst that ignites any team. They control the mindset of that team and the good habits they form which turn potential defeat into victory. Look at the times Manchester United have won with late goals. That's not endless years of good fortune. It's an attitude. and it's their attitude as much as the names on their shirts which make the difference. Hardly anyone had heard of Aberdeen as a footballing force til Ferguson went there.

Relevance?

Manager or/and players?

I don't care..

Currently we are fookin shite. Some of the football we played this evening was the worst in a long long time.

It's not acceptable and something must change.

If not, the whole season will simply go tits up

It's the managers fault that we're in our highest league position for years, I agree.

I like your positivity Mark.

But, if we end up falling out the play-offs, and finish outside them, how would you feel then if it does come to that?

Said it after the Huddersfield game and I'll say it again....

Pearson f***ed us up when he messed with the team for Huddersfield away. The confidence of what looked a good bunch of players started deteriorating and.....

HE RE-INTRODUCED WELLENS !!!

Can anyone say anything in favour of Wellens being in the line up today?!!

The manager takes the blame iny opinion. (Obviously along with Wellens)

Hey pretty new to this, but I agree. I said the exact same, why change a winning formula, then get a replay, play some reserves and play shite again.

I hate Pearson but know point getting rid now. All we can do is play the last few games and hope. To either go up or get in a new manager.

One thing puzzled me about Pearson's post match comments was his saying that the players "lacked desire". I thought they had desire but "lacked quality" which is more disturbing for him to admit since it is very much his team and his signings. The writing is on the wall.

I thought the team did fight hard but just weren't good enough.

Never been a believer in blaming the players. If a manager picks/buys the right players and plays them in the right systems then the results and confidence follows.

I think Nige will get it right but we are few players short

I don't want Pearson out, because I am a massive Pearson fan and I do believe we will turn this around, but I agree that it is the manager's fault. Of course it is, he is the manager. But Nige is the first person to admit he will accept credit when we win, and face the headlines when we lose.

:pearson:

Watched the game on the box today and was pretty disgusted by the performance and the tactics employed. It is a true fact when we go a goal down we dont come back and when we went two down it was game over.

The players are now being instructed to lump it long to Wood, who is very capable with the ball at his feet. Kasper was just hitting brain dead balls long constantly and it is such a shame as they can play. I think the players have lost their composure under the pressure as has the manager, who will always put on a front whatever happens.

The players of course are on the field, but its the choices of some of the players who are out there have been wrong by Nigel. He has carried great faith in Waghorn and Vardy who are not good enough. It amazaes me that Jeff Schlupp is behind those two, when you saw what he can offer. It is ludicrous that any of our fringe players should be trialling at the bigest club in the country.

Nigel is the highest paid manager in the league and has to make some tough decisions in his second tenure. Unfortunately the progress we have made on the filed has been small. Yes we have been up there and have been realistic promotion contenders, but the season is 46 games long and we are looking more likely to finish the 46 outside of the playoffs, where we finished last season only half a dozen points better off I would imagine.

It is in adversity where the manager earns his corn. It is when things dont go to plan that great managers can make changes and turn games around. I'm affraid hard work only goes so far.

I believe that the Thai's may get itchy feet with international week upon us.....

Watched the game on the box today and was pretty disgusted by the performance and the tactics employed. It is a true fact when we go a goal down we dont come back and when we went two down it was game over.

The players are now being instructed to lump it long to Wood, who is very capable with the ball at his feet. Kasper was just hitting brain dead balls long constantly and it is such a shame as they can play. I think the players have lost their composure under the pressure as has the manager, who will always put on a front whatever happens.

The players of course are on the field, but its the choices of some of the players who are out there have been wrong by Nigel. He has carried great faith in Waghorn and Vardy who are not good enough. It amazaes me that Jeff Schlupp is behind those two, when you saw what he can offer. It is ludicrous that any of our fringe players should be trialling at the bigest club in the country.

Nigel is the highest paid manager in the league and has to make some tough decisions in his second tenure. Unfortunately the progress we have made on the filed has been small. Yes we have been up there and have been realistic promotion contenders, but the season is 46 games long and we are looking more likely to finish the 46 outside of the playoffs, where we finished last season only half a dozen points better off I would imagine.

It is in adversity where the manager earns his corn. It is when things dont go to plan that great managers can make changes and turn games around. I'm affraid hard work only goes so far.

I believe that the Thai's may get itchy feet with international week upon us.....

Thai's what? hehe just nipping this grammar thing in the bud. Apostrophes, hey?

He's got so many things wrong lately. We have the best defence in the league and struggle to create and score goals. Yet were constantly hear from Nigel, Craig, Ben Marshall about how Marshall and Knockaert are having to change their styles of play. These are our two most creative players let them do what they are good at. Marshall and Knockaert are being made to play defensive while De Laet is being pushed on all the while and looks our biggest threat at times. It's all wrong. I question what the fans would think of Wood if he hasn't scored all the goals in the first 5/6 games, because for me, he does even less than Beckford and never looks a threat. And everytime we looked to break on the counter attack, it breaks down when it ends up with Drinkwater, because he never makes a positive pass and always slows the game down. I'm not his biggest fan but I thought Wellens looked the most likely to make something happen first half, and then he were taken off. Next game 4-4-2

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Keane

Koncheskey

Knockaert

King

Wellens

Dyer

Nugent

Schlupp/Waghorn

Logan

St Ledger

Drinkwater

Marshall

Waghorn/Schlupp

Kane

Wood

Pearson is our best manager since MON. He has done everything possible, it's not his fault the players have lost their bottle. So sick of this sack the manager culture in this country.

When he's got us promoted to the premier league in the automatic positions whilst in administration maybe you can say that

No, it's both their faults.

Why these overpaid w@nkers who tonight looked like they couldn't give a shit should be spared a good slating I have no idea.

Pearson may be fvcking things up with his tactics and style but they are the ones who cross the white line and let us down. They weren't giving it 100% today, there was no passion or desire whatsoever from most of them.

They should be ashamed.

No, it's both their faults.

Why these overpaid w@nkers who tonight looked like they couldn't give a shit should be spared a good slating I have no idea.

Pearson may be fvcking things up with his tactics and style but they are the ones who cross the white line and let us down. They weren't giving it 100% today, there was no passion or desire whatsoever from most of them.

They should be ashamed.

This is what I can't stand. You know when you are watching if they have out the effort in but been beaten by a better/luckier side but when they don't put the effort in it stinks

Archived