Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
harwich fox

Don't blame the players its the managers fault

Their performances 9 times out of 10 are down to the manager ,as someone pointed out look at forest now with virtually the same group of players! If a company is going down the pan through poor management ,what do you do carry on with the managers and get rid of the workforce?No, he's lost their confidence so much that players like Wes are playing badly.

Guest BlueBrett

It's the managers fault that we're in our highest league position for years, I agree.

But we do have the best set of players we have had for years and we have spent a fortune. Blame Pearson or don't but there is no point pretending we are anything other than underachieving.

Their performances are down to the manager?

Listen to yourself speak! The players control their own bodies FFS, they go out there and kick the ball around. How can you put the blame on the manager when a player misses a chance or misplaces a pass?

On that basis then, no manager would ever get the sack, because it would never be his fault.

In fact why bother having a manager, just let Top buy the the players, then when they don`t perform he can sack them instead.

Their performances are down to the manager?

Listen to yourself speak! The players control their own bodies FFS, they go out there and kick the ball around. How can you put the blame on the manager when a player misses a chance or misplaces a pass?

Perhaps after a certain game,with a striker "injured" there are a few players that have an "agenda"......just saying.

On that basis then, no manager would ever get the sack, because it would never be his fault.

The majority of the blame must be placed on the players, some of it must go to the manager but as I said before, it is the players who play football and are responsible for their own performance. Tactics may help/hinder them but on the whole it will be how the players perform that will affect the result.

Perhaps after a certain game,with a striker "injured" there are a few players that have an "agenda"......just saying.

Sorry, you're going to have to explain that to me. I'm not getting your point.

Are you suggesting the players want Pearson to be sacked? Personally I don't think that's likely.

The majority of the blame must be placed on the players, some of it must go to the manager but as I said before, it is the players who play football and are responsible for their own performance. Tactics may help/hinder them but on the whole it will be how the players perform that will affect the result.

Managers are the catalyst that ignites any team. They control the mindset of that team and the good habits they form which turn potential defeat into victory. Look at the times Manchester United have won with late goals. That's not endless years of good fortune. It's an attitude. and it's their attitude as much as the names on their shirts which make the difference. Hardly anyone had heard of Aberdeen as a footballing force til Ferguson went there.

Are you suggesting the players want Pearson to be sacked? Personally I don't think that's likely.

Mate, forgive me for bumming you over the past few days but I agree with you time after time.

Managers are the catalyst that ignites any team. They control the mindset of that team and the good habits they form which turn potential defeat into victory. Look at the times Manchester United have won with late goals. That's not endless years of good fortune. It's an attitude. and it's their attitude as much as the names on their shirts which make the difference. Hardly anyone had heard of Aberdeen as a footballing force til Ferguson went there.

I think that's a bit of a unique case. Ferguson's an exceptional manager but he would have won nothing without good players, I'll never shift from the belief that is the players who win matches, not managers. A manager can add to a team with tactics and inspiration but there's a limit to what he can do if his team aren't very good.

In any case, has Pearson's approach changed that much? I don't think so to be honest. I think it's a case of players under performing and having key men out, James being injured seems to have been a big problem.

Mate, forgive me for bumming you over the past few days but I agree with you time after time.

lol

No problem, I quite like being bummed anyway. ;):ph34r:

Not all players,but he's definatlly lost a few.

Said it after the Huddersfield game and I'll say it again....

Pearson f***ed us up when he messed with the team for Huddersfield away. The confidence of what looked a good bunch of players started deteriorating and.....

HE RE-INTRODUCED WELLENS !!!

Can anyone say anything in favour of Wellens being in the line up today?!!

The manager takes the blame iny opinion. (Obviously along with Wellens)

i never realised aberdeen are or have ever been a force in football?

From Wiki

Formed in 1903 as a result of the amalgamation of three clubs from Aberdeen, they rarely challenged for honours until the 1950s, when they won each of the major Scottish trophies under manager Dave Halliday. This level of success was surpassed in the 1980s, when, under the management of Alex Ferguson, they won three league titles, four Scottish Cups and a Scottish League Cup, alongside the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and the UEFA Super Cup, both in 1983. Aberdeen were the last club outside of the Old Firm to win a league title, in 1984/85, and also the last Scottish team to win a European trophy.

i never realised aberdeen are or have ever been a force in football?

I'd look it up then, because when Ferguson was in charge of Aberdeen they won everything that they could, including European trophies, an astonishing achievement.

:pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson:

Anyone with half an ounce of respect wouldn't touch Leicester with a 20ft pole if they knew how shocking our fans are.

Do you really think changing the manager now is going to magically make the same players start winning again?

Archived