Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mattyfox

Where's it all gone wrong?

I hate to say it, but I think Pearsons got to go. He looks lost. His inability to changes games with his substitutions has always let him down and even more so now. We had so much possession, dominated the game and still got beat, I don't know if Wood is playing with an injury but he's half the player he was

I hate to say it, but I think Pearsons got to go. He looks lost. His inability to changes games with his substitutions has always let him down and even more so now. We had so much possession, dominated the game and still got beat, I don't know if Wood is playing with an injury but he's half the player he was

See the other 3.2 billion threads on exactly the same thing lol

The old saying is that if ain't broke don't fix it....why have we gone all direct when our quick passing game worked so well.

Messing about with formations this time of the season is bound to cost us,and as for subs they made a difference yesterday....no surprise really considering the crap line up we started with.

What I don't understand is why we bust a gut to get a win against Cardiff (albeit conceded in injury time) but then in a local derby there was nothing.

I can take a defeat, I can draw positives from most things but yesterday there was nothing, there was no passion, not even from Nige.

Wellens was the only one trying in the first half & Schlupp & Marshall in the second.

The absolutely abysmal, unprofessional performance from SSL pulled Morgan over to RB, which ruined his own game & left Keane with too much to do. HOOFsky got a lot of the ball going forward but played aimless hoofs the whole game which Derby headed clear with ease.

In the first 10mins Dyers runs caused them problems but then we never passed to him again & he was anonymous until being subbed. Schlupp's introduction then showed the problems caused by running rather than hoofing.

Drinkwater & King were embarrassing. King's all round game has really matured this season and I'll defend him every day of the week but yesterday was am embarrassment.

Wood? WTF is this guy, every time I've seen him he's been utter garbage. I know he scored goals when he arrived, but his style doesn't suit us & accommodating him has ruined Nugent's game. He didn't even look bothered yesterday. One of the most unprofessional performances I've seen in our shirt.

I don't know what changed between the fight at Cardiff to the non-effort hoofing yesterday but SSL, HOOFsky, Drinkwater, King & Wood should share their weekend's wages out between the travelling fans.

Yesterday's performance from Nigel to everyone else (except Wellens, Schlupp, Marshall who all at least showed effort, the minimum you can ask for even in a poor performance) seemed like Cardiff's equaliser had knocked the stuffing out of them or that Nige is a gonner regardless of the result.

Disgustingly disgraceful in any game, but doubly so in a local derby.

Indefensible!

What I don't understand is why we bust a gut to get a win against Cardiff (albeit conceded in injury time) but then in a local derby there was nothing.

I can take a defeat, I can draw positives from most things but yesterday there was nothing, there was no passion, not even from Nige.

Wellens was the only one trying in the first half & Schlupp & Marshall in the second.

The absolutely abysmal, unprofessional performance from SSL pulled Morgan over to RB, which ruined his own game & left Keane with too much to do. HOOFsky got a lot of the ball going forward but played aimless hoofs the whole game which Derby headed clear with ease.

In the first 10mins Dyers runs caused them problems but then we never passed to him again & he was anonymous until being subbed. Schlupp's introduction then showed the problems caused by running rather than hoofing.

Drinkwater & King were embarrassing. King's all round game has really matured this season and I'll defend him every day of the week but yesterday was am embarrassment.

Wood? WTF is this guy, every time I've seen him he's been utter garbage. I know he scored goals when he arrived, but his style doesn't suit us & accommodating him has ruined Nugent's game. He didn't even look bothered yesterday. One of the most unprofessional performances I've seen in our shirt.

I don't know what changed between the fight at Cardiff to the non-effort hoofing yesterday but SSL, HOOFsky, Drinkwater, King & Wood should share their weekend's wages out between the travelling fans.

Yesterday's performance from Nigel to everyone else (except Wellens, Schlupp, Marshall who all at least showed effort, the minimum you can ask for even in a poor performance) seemed like Cardiff's equaliser had knocked the stuffing out of them or that Nige is a gonner regardless of the result.

Disgustingly disgraceful in any game, but doubly so in a local derby.

Indefensible!

I do agree but only a few weeks ago you were calling people 'morons' for daring to criticise Pearson and what he was doing.

How a few weeks has changed opinion!

Ever since Huddersfield we have been shit I thought at the time us playing not free flowing football was a confidence issue but seemingly is not the case now and this is NP's true colours I should of expected it really, for me we have the players to play football get the ball on the deck with impetus, but sadly NP is restricting them and the results as a result are not forthcoming.

I do agree but only a few weeks ago you were calling people 'morons' for daring to criticise Pearson and what he was doing.

How a few weeks has changed opinion!

I called and still would anyone who wanted all change at the first hint of a defeat... at the start of a poor form the usual faces would pop up creating thread after thread about wanting him out... That was moronic. they were morons.

Even as the run wore on there has always been promise. From the change of tactics that saw us a bring a point home from Blackpool right up to the heart & desire at Cardiff.

Yesterday there was nothing, not a single shred of effort or passion from 90% of the team and the management. Even playing badly, even coming back with a defeat the minimum you can expect is a bit of pride in your work.

The last thing, the absolute last thing I want is more transition. It would be absolutely diabolical for the club.

However, if I was to bump into Pearson, the manner of yesterday's performance would cause me to ask him why he delivered such rubbish

Why the players could only play actual football & challenge for the ball for the first 5mins before dropping off & playing hoofball which Derby handled with ease.

Why he persists with HOOFsky to the obvious detriment to the whole team when Schlupp is not only ok at the back, but excellent going forward & as he passes rather than hoofs would make Dyer play to his strengths too.

Why he persists with Wood to the detriment of the team's whole game. Wood looks like a car crash to me (even in the TV victories over M'boro & Wolves during our good run) I'm hard pushed to tell if he's even a professional footballer, never mind a good one. Wood is either injured or just an abysmal player. Kane was obviously loaned in to replace him whilst he was injured, so why change the whole team to accommodate all of them, when it's obvious Nugent + Kane up top should be the preferred option & intergrate Wood back in when he's fit or on goalscoring form having come off the bench on 60mins for a few games

Yesterday there was no promise, there was nothing to take from the game. Like I repeat endlessly I think transition would be a nightmare for us but yesterday Nige & the team looked like they've either given up after Cardiff's late equalise or that they all know he's being replaced regardless.

If I met Pearson I would tell him to stop bearing grudges and falling out with players. How about playing different tactics and not just rely on 'hard work'. I have said it before he has fell out with one too many players and has lost the team. They sem to be playing at well below their ability and it looks deliberate at times. The other interesting factors during this time is that they have been in no danger of falling out of the play off places, they still dominate games and nobody has took us apart or beat us by more than one goal.

I believe they are playing to get him removed by stealth, be interesting to see waht happens if he stays now there is a chance of us dropping to 7th.

Wellens, King and occasionally Gally were first division standard players a year ago yet they're still getting games for a potential premiership team. Surely the non deluded City fans amongst us can see it so why can't our manager?

• i think the owners have to think do they stick or twist stick with faith it could change around but reality is porformance are getting worse or change it hope new face change of luck change of attertuide some of those players need to have good look at themselves in the mirror they are total disgrace again leave the fans short changed

Rant over

i also believe there must be something wrong in the dressing room how can you go from winning 5 in row to winning one in 8 if believed Danns & Beckford were shipped put being so called bad apples do we now appear to have another bad apple or couple of them

it really quite disturbing to me lack of professionliseam of this group of players that the managed has backed and backed this his the faith he gets paid back in

just got bad feeling about rest of season

Archived