Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dynamite foxes

Player Ratings vs Inter Milan

I think you do mate, because although I think he has a lot of potential, I thought he had a very average first half and improved slightly in the second. But he didn't show himself to be a player of the season.

As for Sheehan, I think a few of you are being quite harsh on him. As for too many long balls he hit a fantastic ball to Sylla with his wrong foot and his heading was excellent for a small guy. I thought that when he got booked it was harsh as he won the ball, albeit he took the man too, but the ball went past the goal line.

Henderson 7 - Made two wicked saves, wasn't at fault for the 2 goals but 7 goals in 2 games isn't good. His kicking was alot better than any goalie we have had for the past 3 or 4 years.

Canero 5 - Didn't impress me like he used to. Was very average to say the least.

Johanssen 8 - Quality, premiership class. Lacks that quick burst of pace, but reads the game extremely well. Folk hero

Gerrbrand 7 - Cool and composed. Looking forward to seeing him progress and challenge Paddy for a first team place. Looks quality.

Sheehan 7 - From what i've seen of this lad, he looks the real deal. I know we needed an extra left back, but I believe Sheehan wouldn't let us down if he played 46 games for us this season. Very composed and very energetic and passionate just like Stearman. Got a mean free-kick on him on him aswell, which we will no doubt see over the years. Stuart Pearce Mark II!!! :D

Sylla 7.5 - Was very impressed with Momo, he is so much more effective than Gillespie was for us. Got alot of tricks and his unpredictability means defender can't read him. The Shane Warne of football.

Williams 5 - A poor game for Williams. I rate Gaz, but this was one of his anonomyous games. His passing was bad, which is his main strength.

Tiatto 7 - First time i've seen Tiatto play well in 2005. He had a horrific last few months for us last season, but he seemed more decisive and his non-stop battling is great for our new pressing style of play.

Wilcox 6 - Nothing special. But wasn't the worst player on our team, his lack of pace is a problem. But his crossing is second to none.

Dublin 4 - Awful. de Vries fed him plenty of passes, but he couldn't do anything with them. Must do better.

de Vries 7 - Thought he looked shit hot at times. Didn't do well in front of goal, but his heading and through balls were ten times better than last season. Him and Connolly have potential to make things happen for us.

Subs:

Stearman 7 - Throw anything at him and he'll deal with it. I would say he's in 3rd gear at the minute, in a few years when he hits 5th gear with the racing gear change then alot of strikers might aswell pack up.

Porter 5 - Runs like Joachim, I just hope he has the same impact Julian did at Leicester. Didn't get to do alot, but battles well for a little'un.

O'Grady 6 - Took the peno well, and won a few bits and bobs in the front line. Not sure whether he's good enough for professional football.

Stearman - 7 - had a good few minutes and probably showed the best bit of individual brilliance in the whole team when he somehow found himself taking a few skilful touches and hitting the ball towards goal in the 2nd half.

144787[/snapback]

Has anyone got a video link to that?

Dublin 4 - Awful. de Vries fed him plenty of passes, but he couldn't do anything with them. Must do better.

I dont think anyone here has praised dubs, yet he got a huge round of applause when he left the field, as if he`d performed magig :S

Stearman 7 - Throw anything at him and he'll deal with it. I would say he's in 3rd gear at the minute, in a few years when he hits 5th gear with the racing gear change then alot of strikers might aswell pack up.

Too right, mouth waters at the prospect of 5th gear :)

144872[/snapback]

Henderson 6

Canero 6

Gerrbrand 8

Johansson 7

Sheehan 7

Sylla 7

Tiatto 8

Williams 5

Wilcox 6

De Vries 6

Dublin 5

Some people are being quite harsh and should remember we were against a quality side.

144422[/snapback]

But you are also being quite generous :P;):blink:

Voting closes at 6pm tonight so could anyone who has not yet voted on my site who wants to vote please do so before then. A few of the awards are extremely close at the moment so your vote will make a difference.

Thought Williams (serious off night) and Dublin were abysmal.

Tiatto looked like he was trying but whoever said "headless chicken" was spot on.

De Vries still looked short of confidence to me but you can hardly blame him because he got no support whatsoever from Dublin.

Sylla was a little frustrating - wanted him to take players on but he insisted on launching in crosses from a distance which the Inter Milan defence were far to organised to be troubled by.

High point for me was Johansson and Gerrband who were first class. Stearman too when he came on looked cut above.

Archived