Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dynamite foxes

Player Ratings vs Inter Milan

Hi everyone, just a reminder to please leave your ratings on www.player-ratings.co.uk as well as on here if you have not already done so. There are one or two who are just leaving them on here and I haven't got time to be inputting everyone elses unfortunately.

144126[/snapback]

HOW LOUDLY DO YOU HAVE TO SHOUT THE OBVIOUS AT LEICESTER CITY STAFF - WE NEED A CENTRE-FORWARD, WE NEED A CENTRE-FORWARD, WE NEED A CENTRE-FORWARD. WHICH OF THE ABOVE WORDS IS DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND.

144144[/snapback]

I think its the hyphon ;)

Hi Sheff still not working for me in either Firefox or IE. Will try again tomorrow.

144128[/snapback]

Yep i had some trouble with it as well. I just turned off my norton antivirus clicked submit then it worked. Just turned norton back on as soon as it went. ;)

Henderson, 6 - Poor distribution and not convinced by his communication yet. Mind you 2 excellent saves.

Canero, 6 - Very steady and compsed at full back, he is no Alan Maybury but played well and crossing was fairly good.

Sheehan, 7 - The boy has a bright future ahead of him and his rashness will be coached out of him.

Gerrbrand, 6 - Not the best of 1st halves but improved in the second although Inter didn't really test him. Need to see more but 2nd half suggests he'll do okay for us.

Johansson, 8 - our best player by a mile. Terrific strength and composure. Not sure about his pace though.

Sylla, 7 - excellent in the first half then we stopped giving him the ball, offered more in that game than Gillespie did ever.

Wilcox, 6 - not great and certainly not bad. Helped Sheehan out in the first half although was missing at the cross from their first goal. Will be of better use on the training ground.

Williams, 5 - needs a kick up the backside and fast.

Tiatto, 5 - Clueless, utterly clueless about the game of football so many times he chose the wrong option. He is no central midfielder and I hope to God Gudjonsson or Kisnorbo is fit soon.

Dublin, 2 - Shambles, he was a disgrace last night and has conned CL in to a new contract. No pace, no touch, can't pass, can't win a header and we are stuck with him for another 12 months. Not once did he get close to de Vries to provide support. Waste of a salary.

de Vries, 7 - Worked his socks off with little support from his partner or the midfield. Had he had Connolly or another striker with pace we'd have had a field day. He will be top of the assist chart this season. Great touch even when he kept getting buffetted by the defenders. Although he does need to find a left foot from somewhere!!!

O'Grady, 4 - He'll never make it, poor touch and another headless chicken.

Stearman, 6 - The boy is sheer class and the difference between him and O'Gardy and Porter is clear. He has a big future.

Porter, 4 - Not on long enough to make an impression on the game, but long enough to impress on me he is not good enough for the CCC. He'll be in the Conference in 12 months.

Henderson - 6

Canero - 5

Sheehan - 7

Gerrbrand - 7

Johansson - 7

Sylla - 8

Wilcox - 5

Williams - 6

Tiatto - 6

Dublin - 6

De Vries - 8

O'Grady - 5

Stearman - 6

Porter- 5

Tiatto, 5 - Clueless, utterly clueless about the game of football so many times he chose the wrong option.  He is no central midfielder and I hope to God Gudjonsson or Kisnorbo is fit soon.

Dublin, 2 - Shambles, he was a disgrace last night and has conned CL in to a new contract.  No pace, no touch, can't pass, can't win a header and we are stuck with him for another 12 months.  Not once did he get close to de Vries to provide support.  Waste of a salary.

de Vries, 7 - Worked his socks off with little support from his partner or the midfield.  Had he had Connolly or another striker with pace we'd have had a field day.  He will be top of the assist chart this season.  Great touch even when he kept getting buffetted by the defenders.  Although he does need to find a left foot from somewhere!!!

Stearman, 6 - The boy is sheer class and the difference between him and O'Gardy and Porter is clear.  He has a big future.

Porter, 4 - Not on long enough to make an impression on the game, but long enough to impress on me he is not good enough for the CCC.  He'll be in the Conference in 12 months.

144225[/snapback]

You dont agree with CL then, tiatoo is captain. gudjohnson was behind wesolovski in the reckoning order, and TOO right. Joey just isnt championship, let alone future premiership quality.

TOTTALLY agree with you in terms of dublin conning CL with a new deal. Maybe dubs got very little money, but im convinced dubs played is heart out in the latter parts of last season, and now hes back to the abismal rubbish he was when micky signed him.

de vries (deep freeze) yes, lets see what happens when connolly and morris are fit. dubs wont get a game, and hopefully micky will want him cos he wont wana sit on the bench for our clubs sake.

Agreed, o grady is rubbish, no better than ooh tommy wright.

Agreed again, stearman is bang top quality. if he progresses, he`ll play for england. I`d have him alongside whatever is our fitest sriker (whoever that may be).

Porter is quick, but wont remove sylla or canero. he played cos were gelling young blood, and it was inter milan.

Tiatto, 5 - Clueless, utterly clueless about the game of football so many times he chose the wrong option.  He is no central midfielder and I hope to God Gudjonsson or Kisnorbo is fit soon.

Dublin, 2 - Shambles, he was a disgrace last night and has conned CL in to a new contract.  No pace, no touch, can't pass, can't win a header and we are stuck with him for another 12 months.  Not once did he get close to de Vries to provide support.  Waste of a salary.

de Vries, 7 - Worked his socks off with little support from his partner or the midfield.  Had he had Connolly or another striker with pace we'd have had a field day.  He will be top of the assist chart this season.  Great touch even when he kept getting buffetted by the defenders.  Although he does need to find a left foot from somewhere!!!

Stearman, 6 - The boy is sheer class and the difference between him and O'Gardy and Porter is clear.  He has a big future.

Porter, 4 - Not on long enough to make an impression on the game, but long enough to impress on me he is not good enough for the CCC.  He'll be in the Conference in 12 months.

144225[/snapback]

You dont agree with CL then, tiatoo is captain. gudjohnson was behind wesolovski in the reckoning order, and TOO right. Joey just isnt championship, let alone future premiership quality.

TOTTALLY agree with you in terms of dublin conning CL with a new deal. Maybe dubs got very little money, but im convinced dubs played is heart out in the latter parts of last season, and now hes back to the abismal rubbish he was when micky signed him.

de vries (deep freeze) yes, lets see what happens when connolly and morris are fit. dubs wont get a game, and hopefully micky will want him cos he wont wana sit on the bench for our clubs sake.

Agreed, o grady is rubbish, no better than ooh tommy wright.

Agreed again, stearman is bang top quality. if he progresses, he`ll play for england. I`d have him alongside whatever is our fitest sriker (whoever that may be).

Porter is quick, but wont remove sylla or canero. he played cos were gelling young blood, and it was inter milan.

144333[/snapback]

No I don't agree with him being captain let alone in the starting XI. It's all well and good him scampering round the place looking energetic but when he conceeds possession so readily and gives away silly fouls (although that wasn't evident last night) he is a liability.

He will pick the wrong option more than he picks the best one and that is so frustrating as he has some ability. But he has no footballing brain and that is required particularly at our level when a bit of guile and nouse are required to put you above the rest of the dross.

Maybury is the only candidate for captain.

No I don't agree with him being captain let alone in the starting XI.  It's all well and good him scampering round the place looking energetic but when he conceeds possession so readily and gives away silly fouls (although that wasn't evident last night) he is a liability.

He will pick the wrong option more than he picks the best one and that is so frustrating as he has some ability.  But he has no footballing brain and that is required particularly at our level when a bit of guile and nouse are required to put you above the rest of the dross.

Maybury is the only candidate for captain.

144347[/snapback]

I hear ya. Was saying the very same thing myself. I didnt have confidence in him much last season.

I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt now mate.

Look at the players craigs brought in, can you name a better player per position micky did better at bar striker? EVERY position bar striker has improved.

You trust craig? He made him captain, lets get behind craig levein, hes NOT let us down yet.

I can't believe this forum, Sheehan has an average game at leftback (I thought his crossing into the box was terrible and he tackled several players very late) and people give him 8+, lets get some realism into this, not add 3 points just for being under 20.

I dont remember seeing sheehan cross the ball much attall, when he did, he certainly showed a premiership title winner (wilcox) how to do it.

only me, you critisize a left back for not crossing the ball well, yet you fail to mention anything else he did `badly`, and you expect him to get a less rating than 8, having been up against inter milan.

Theres just no pleasing you.

Henderson 6 - Good save but kicking was very hit and miss.

Canero 5 - Did a steady job but was slow to cover for the first goal and needs to be a lot lot fitter.

Gerrbrand 7 - Calm and collected, looks decent.

Johansson 8 - My favorite so far, always see's a way out thats productive and wins everything in the air.

Sheehan 6 - Did ok but a rash challenge and many long aimless balls let him down.

Sylla 6 - Didn't get enough of the ball but when he did he looked our best chance of making something happen

Tiatto 6 - Got stuck in but wasted passes and messed up play, should have tracked Solari's run for first goal.

Williams 3 - Crap, didn't do a thing right all night and then did his now famous disappearing act in the second half. Sort it out you lazy focker!

Wilcox 6 - Helped out defensively and had two very decent efforts.

Dublin 4 - Below par and looks slow, Inters play bypassed him a lot.

De Vries 6 - Decent hold up play but wasted openings by tripping over the ball and never gambled on Sylla's crosses (along with Dublin) also ran out of steam towards the end.

O'Greedy 5 - Did he ever get off his arse? oh yes. To score the pen.

Stearman 6 - A couple of decent challenges and looks a bit quicker, impressive.

Porter 5 - Small and looked out of place.

Have to agree with you Durnerz, Williams was a total waste of a shirt last night. I was looking forward to seeing him as the word was he had a good game against Celtic (couldn't go) and I wanted to see if he could string two performances together. Oh dear, should of known. I honestly think that I could have put more effort in and unless he starts working hard week in, week out he could actually completely bollox our midfield because everybody else runs round like a nutter trying to make up for the shortfall of his effort.

In my opinion Williams should get a rocket up his jacksy from CL and stop strolling round.

Have to agree with you Durnerz, Williams was a total waste of a shirt last night. I was looking forward to seeing him as the word was he had a good game against Celtic (couldn't go) and I wanted to see if he could string two performances together. Oh dear, should of known. I honestly think that I could have put more effort in and unless he starts working hard week in, week out he could actually completely bollox our midfield because everybody else runs round like a nutter trying to make up for the shortfall of his effort.

In my opinion Williams should get a rocket up his jacksy from CL and stop strolling round.

144461[/snapback]

Well with Steven Hughes on the way back i'd be a bit worried if I was Williams.

Hi Sheff still not working for me in either Firefox or IE. Will try again tomorrow.

144128[/snapback]

Yep i had some trouble with it as well. I just turned off my norton antivirus clicked submit then it worked. Just turned norton back on as soon as it went. ;)

144218[/snapback]

Thanks Tim, that worked for me as well.

Henderson 5

Canero 5

Gerrbrand 6

Johansson 7

Sheehan 7

Sylla 5

Tiatto 5

Williams 4

Wilcox 5

De Vries 5

Dublin 4

Thanks to everyone who has rated the team so far. I have only had to remove one set of ratings so far, other than that everyone is using the system as it is meant to be used.

If anyone is having problems submitting, it appears that it may be your firewall/anti-virus software that is causing the problem as this seems to have fixed the problem for those of you who it was not working for before.

So please keep rating if you haven't done so already at www.player-ratings.co.uk.

Thanks, Sheff.

Henderson - 6 - will be good enough back-up but I'm not sure he'll really be pushing Rab for a 1st team place, of course its hard to judge against such opposition and in such circumstances. His kicking was a little suspect, but he did the simple stuff well. Didn't see him talking to the defence much either.

Canero - 6 - he didn't look overweight to me, he was a little stocky when he first came here (not in a bad way) and he looks about the same now to me. Of course you can't always tell these things. He put in an awful tackle in about the first minute that showed how out of practice he was I feel however other than that I was quietly happy with his performance, he got forward well to support Sylla and managed to get back as well.

Gerrbrand - 7 - looked very solid to me, not too sure about his marking for the first goal but he did force the 'keeper into a save at the other end of the pitch. He got forward well during the match as well. He does seem to like to handle players a bit though, I suppose that is part of the rawness CL talked about, but he is certainly committed and has pace. Should do well in the Championship I feel.

Johansson - 8 - I was very impressed by him, he solid at the back and seemed similar to Gerrbrand except for with that extra experience that gave him the edge. He was very committed in challenges also. I do worry a little we might find ourselves on the wrong end of a few pen decisions next season.

Sheehan - 8 - First time I've seen him play for the first team and I was very impressed. His crossing was a bit too deep and he (like Canero) put in a couple of hard/harsh challenges but other than that I liked him. He has pace and good vision and hit quite a good free kick.

Sylla - 6 - Having heard good reports on Sylla I was looking forward to seeing him against Inter... For me he had a bit of a hit-and-miss match, on the one hand he did show a few bits of skill and put in a lot of crosses from the right area, however I also felt he was a bit selfish with the ball at times and he definitely faded through tiredness in the 2nd half (as most of the players did).

Williams - 4 - Didn't look like he'd changed at all to me from last season, his usual anonymous self. I hope Hughes's injury isn't a really bad one.

Tiatto - 6 - again a usual Tiatto-like performance, very committed and with the best intentions in the world but also a slight 'headless chicken' quality sometimes, holding onto the ball for too long and getting it nicked off him, or chasing after shadows.

Wilcox - 5 - not awful, but still not very sure why we kept him. Hit quite a good shot at one point but otherwise didn't really do too much and certainly wasn't very fast.

Dublin - 5 - poor game for Dublin, missed headers again as he did at the start of last season when playing up front and his best shot went wide. Don't think he works with De Vries at all either.

De Vries - 5 - he did make a couple of headers, but otherwise no improvement on last season, held onto the ball too long in the few good chances he created. Maybe with different partner...

Subs:

Stearman - 7 - had a good few minutes and probably showed the best bit of individual brilliance in the whole team when he somehow found himself taking a few skilful touches and hitting the ball towards goal in the 2nd half.

Porter - NA - he's so teeny weenie!!!!! :wub: Wasn't on for long enough to tell really, although I did like it when he managed to win the ball back from about 3 Inter players, they looked a bit bemused.

Maybury - NA - not on for long enough, got a huge cheer when he came on though.

O'Grady - 5 - as usual with O'Grady, not too impressed, didn't really seem to do much in the 15 (or so) minutes he had, the penalty was well taken but other than that he made no impact.

Archived