Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Waghorn

No need to be rude Mark. I asked you a genuine question.

I don't think he would have spent £3,000,000 on Martyn Waghorn, as far as I'm aware he's never spent that much on any player and I doubt Waghorn did enough during that loan spell to convince him he was worth that much money.

I think it's rude to belittle people who like a manager by putting words into their mouths and to criticize the job a person is doing with information that simply isn't factually correct to be honest. In fact I think it's a pretty stupid thing to do. But sure if you think that pointing that out is rude then, I'm sorry.

I don't think he would have spent £3,000,000 on Martyn Waghorn, as far as I'm aware he's never spent that much on any player and I doubt Waghorn did enough during that loan spell to convince him he was worth that much money.

I think it's rude to belittle people who like a manager by putting words into their mouths and to criticize the job a person is doing with information that simply isn't factually correct to be honest. In fact I think it's a pretty stupid thing to do. But sure if you think that pointing that out is rude then, I'm sorry.

He spent that much on Knocky apparently - my question would be if NP does get us promoted and then is given say £25m to buy new players, should he spend it or should he be sensible and tell the owners no, he'd rather not?

He definitely would have bought Waggy and had almost certainly done the deal before he left, he has spent, by my reckoning, an additional £3million on Vardy and Wood and so has now gone through the aforementioned 3, Beckford, Nugent, Futacs and Schlupp (and DJ makes 8) without being able to get a regular goal scorer out of any of them- either they are all crap (and that is a lot of crap strikers) or his coaching or midfield supply has issues.

He's still the best manager we have had in 3000 years though

He spent that much on Knocky apparently - my question would be if NP does get us promoted and then is given say £25m to buy new players, should he spend it or should he be sensible and tell the owners no, he'd rather not?

He definitely would have bought Waggy and had almost certainly done the deal before he left, he has spent, by my reckoning, an additional £3million on Vardy and Wood and so has now gone through the aforementioned 3, Beckford, Nugent, Futacs and Schlupp (and DJ makes 8) without being able to get a regular goal scorer out of any of them- either they are all crap (and that is a lot of crap strikers) or his coaching or midfield supply has issues.

He's still the best manager we have had in 3000 years though

I don't know how you can say he almost certainly had the deal done before he left, there's no evidence to suggest that and I don't see why if things were already in place, it would have taken right up to the final day of the transfer window. I imagine it was more likely Mandaric advising the new owners on how to make themselves popular and Sousa accepting that (apparently Abe was the owners signing, so they have done it). In fact I'd be surprised if the money was there before Pearson left.

Beckford improved under Pearson (still wasn't great), Nugent has done a good job under Pearson, Wood has so far had a pretty good goals to games ratio. When Waghorn has played regularly under Pearson he has done pretty well, a lot better than he has under any other manager. Fryatt was a regular goal scorer under Pearson.

I hope that should we get promoted, Pearson is sensible with the amount he spends, I'm confident that he would be to be honest.

Feel bad for Waghorn he finally started playing well, we bought Chris Wood in January and he's never been seen since.

I agree with you.When he came back into the team Oct/Nov he started to play like the waggy of old.His dead ball delivery was great & actually caused other teams problems.Even his build-up play was good & every game he got better & started to score goals.I thought that him & Nuge began to form a good partnership.

I know some fans get on his back but i'd like to see him start the last few games instead of wood as it seems him & Nuge don't seem to be hitting off like they did.(was rumours that both had had a fall-out with each other just before the Peterbrough game away when he misteriously picked up an injury).

Archived